• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t see a shorthanded Memphis resting guys beating a dialed in Celtics team who knows win and you catch the 1st round matchup everybody in the East covets - Bulls.

Can't believe they sacrificed homecourt in the 2nd round vs Milwaukee because they are scared of Brooklyn

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drum will make some money this off season. He’s shown everybody that he can be a solid 5. He isn’t going to stretch the floor but he gives a team a rim presence and elite level rebounding. If you play him for 28-30 and can pair him with a 5 who can stretch for 18-20 minutes that’s a well rounded 5 position for a team.
It all comes down to the prevailing GM mentality on building a team and how much money you are talking about. Are they still emphasizing floor spacing over a paint presence at the 5? And does Drummond want a ring over a bigger contract? I think that emphasis on spacing over paint presence isn't necessarily the correct path for the true championship contenders and the tide has turned a little.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe they sacrificed homecourt in the 2nd round vs Milwaukee because they are scared of Brooklyn
It was the 2nd night of a B2B... guys like Tatum and Horford have been routinely rested one night or the other in situations like that.

And the Celtics still almost beat the Bucks on their home floor... (I don't know what game you were watching, but the Celtics brought effort and played to win).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drum will make some money this off season. He’s shown everybody that he can be a solid 5. He isn’t going to stretch the floor but he gives a team a rim presence and elite level rebounding. If you play him for 28-30 and can pair him with a 5 who can stretch for 18-20 minutes that’s a well rounded 5 position for a team.

Perhaps his experience has humbled him in to playing within himself as opposed to trying too much in iso esque situations. The talent has always been there.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it though. I would install Nets as favorites in nearly any series. I think Bucks Nets winner goes to the Finals.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's loss to Toronto was very depressing for me. Both teams fought hard, and Philly just wasn't good enough to beat a spirited Raptors team that I think is not as talented, but is better coached and more cohesive right now.

The only silver lining I could take from the game is that Doc Rivers finally played Paul Reed instead of Deandre Jordan at backup center. That should have happened after the trade deadline, way too fucking late. But hopefully that is what we see next year.

Doc should be fired after the Sixers' upcoming early exit in the playoffs, and hopefully he can be hired by the Lakers as the rumors suggest. That would be hilarious.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the 2nd night of a B2B... guys like Tatum and Horford have been routinely rested one night or the other in situations like that.

And the Celtics still almost beat the Bucks on their home floor... (I don't know what game you were watching, but the Celtics brought effort and played to win).

Yeah but they still gave up hca

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's loss to Toronto was very depressing for me. Both teams fought hard, and Philly just wasn't good enough to beat a spirited Raptors team that I think is not as talented, but is better coached and more cohesive right now.

The only silver lining I could take from the game is that Doc Rivers finally played Paul Reed instead of Deandre Jordan at backup center. That should have happened after the trade deadline, way too fucking late. But hopefully that is what we see next year.

Doc should be fired after the Sixers' upcoming early exit in the playoffs, and hopefully he can be hired by the Lakers as the rumors suggest. That would be hilarious.
Bassey is the man.
Raptors aren’t a championship contender but they’re a damn good team and what they do well really matches well against Sixers weaknesses.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is simple

Actually have a better season than jokic
He did though. He’s better at both ends. He kept the group together and relevant through a distraction that historically kills teams to produce a better result than what Jokic did. It is what it is. People are in love with analytics. I have a tweet that goes into it. It’s a long one. I’ll post it later. It unravels many of these metrics and shows how they’re slanted to prop up one style of attack over another.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Bassey get a shot too. This is what Doc should have been experimenting with after the trade deadline--different lineups including younger guys to find a better rotation. He stuck with the same shit even though it clearly wasn't working. Only now it seems is he trying a few things, and I think it's too little, too late.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but they still gave up hca
In order to gain the benefit of not running guys like Tatum and Horford into the ground before the post-season, a consistent strategy they've employed rather than a cowardly one-off (as was clearly insinuated).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I finally found a dude more invested in this shit than I am. This guy went and did the work I’ve kind of half-assed on fully defending in an educated way that takes on these advanced metrics and presents their flaws. Did you know that these advanced stats weigh things differently on the position a player is classified as? I did not. That’s one of numerous things I learned. It’s not just the first tweet. Check out the whole string of tweets.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Bassey get a shot too. This is what Doc should have been experimenting with after the trade deadline--different lineups including younger guys to find a better rotation. He stuck with the same shit even though it clearly wasn't working. Only now it seems is he trying a few things, and I think it's too little, too late.
Agreed. He wasted that chance by being stubborn and saying from the jump he won’t trust a young player in that capacity. It’s the same reason Thybulle lost his job last night. Doc wants every reason in the world to start DG over Thybulle and DG gave him a good shooting night that he will lean on no matter how often DG gets cooked (like he did last night) to justify going with him in the starting role. Doc hates young players and over values Vets.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a big Thybulle supporter, but now that he is non-vaxxed and sure to miss key playoff games, I can understand why he might see an overall reduction in playing time. He also has continued to be an offensive liability. They are playing 5 on 4 at times with him out there offensively. Harden does a good job of finding him as a cutter and getting him involved in the offense, but his shot is still iffy and he has shown no improvement in terms of being able to put the ball on the floor and drive to the hoop, a key area for such an athletic guy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know. I think Memphis is resting people and the Cs will look to catch Chicago and make that an important game.

Probably?

But what if they don’t?

Cs will feel awful silly about resting Tatum if they get beat by one of the hottest teams in the league on the road Sunday and then have to play Toronto without Brown and Horford.

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW played pretty well the last 12-13 games....he's getting a lot of unfair criticism.

He may have upped his trade value a bit.