• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is definitely annoying --

Losing Allen - their defensive centerpiece was bad enough. Adding Mobley and their whole identity is different.

Allen, Mobley, Sexton, Wade, Rondo- Rubio for a while............other intermittent injuries. LeVert getting hurt and now only really getting into the swing of things.

I hope they can somehow make it to a 7 game series so they can get that experience. To me- that is the most important thing right now.
I do agree that's what I'd prefer but don't discount play in games for experience, especially if we get 2. If we finish 7-8 we get a win and advance game (close to a game 7 type game). Lose that then we do get a game 7 type of game as it's win or go home. That could be as helpful as, say, going down 4-0 or 4-1 in a series.

And, of course, win one of those games and we do still get a full series. Losing would suck but at least we'd keep our pick.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they just split up the lotto combos in a tie. Might be wrong, though.
Yeah I think the coin flips are for 4th pick on down if there are ties. I believe if there is a tie for 3rd worst record that each would have a 13.25 percent chance at the No 1 pick instead of one having a 14 percent chance and the other having a 12.5 percent chance.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the ball moves today for the Sixers. 34 assists on 48 made FGs with 5 to go and starters on bench up 30+. Didn’t realize until tip that Charlotte was 8-2 in their last 10 coming in. Saw Harden take 5 catch and shoot threes and 2 went down. He can’t be James Harden scoring champ MVP player. We will see if that’s because he’s banged up or if he just can’t be that guy anymore. But for the 21-22 group he needs to be the guy he was today and make the pieces around Embid better by running an offense and competing on defense. Harden is responsible for keeping Thybulle on the floor by getting some thing from him offensively. Today Thybulle had 12 on 5-7 and I bet Harden was the passer on 6 of the 7 shots he took. They need Thybulle on the floor or the whole team defense takes a huge step back.
Strong work today doing what you need to do to go 2-0 on a back to back. No starter minutes for Embiid and Harden. Problem in last 4 was the 4th quarter (-45 net rating!) so they didn’t get to work on that today.

Sixers need a 4-1 finish to have a chance at 3 seed over Boston. I see Boston going no worse than 2-2 vs their remaining schedule but as hot as they’ve been likely 3-1. Boston may want the 4 seed to grab Toronto/Heat path. Will be interesting to see if they opt for going for 2 or 3 seed. I think Sixers need the 3 because they want to avoid Nets/Toronto scenario. Toronto will be the 5 and Nets will be the 2. Sixers want the Bulls as a 6 seed.

And…it’s Saturday and I’m baked out my tits. Thanks for reading.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am officially on the Fire Glenn Rivers bandwagon after the debacle against Detroit the other night. Fuck this guy. He is a fraud. Then he tried to throw Harden under the bus? He never, ever takes any blame for anything that goes wrong. How about playing Paul Reed and Charles Bassey against the Pistons to see if they are better than the washed Paul Millsap and Deandre Jordan? Seemed like a pretty basic, no risk move. But no...Doc is incapable of any adjustments and plays vets over younger players, every time, no matter what the evidence on the court shows.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the ball moves today for the Sixers. 34 assists on 48 made FGs with 5 to go and starters on bench up 30+. Didn’t realize until tip that Charlotte was 8-2 in their last 10 coming in. Saw Harden take 5 catch and shoot threes and 2 went down. He can’t be James Harden scoring champ MVP player. We will see if that’s because he’s banged up or if he just can’t be that guy anymore. But for the 21-22 group he needs to be the guy he was today and make the pieces around Embid better by running an offense and competing on defense. Harden is responsible for keeping Thybulle on the floor by getting some thing from him offensively. Today Thybulle had 12 on 5-7 and I bet Harden was the passer on 6 of the 7 shots he took. They need Thybulle on the floor or the whole team defense takes a huge step back.
Strong work today doing what you need to do to go 2-0 on a back to back. No starter minutes for Embiid and Harden. Problem in last 4 was the 4th quarter (-45 net rating!) so they didn’t get to work on that today.

Sixers need a 4-1 finish to have a chance at 3 seed over Boston. I see Boston going no worse than 2-2 vs their remaining schedule but as hot as they’ve been likely 3-1. Boston may want the 4 seed to grab Toronto/Heat path. Will be interesting to see if they opt for going for 2 or 3 seed. I think Sixers need the 3 because they want to avoid Nets/Toronto scenario. Toronto will be the 5 and Nets will be the 2. Sixers want the Bulls as a 6 seed.

I'm thinking don't take chances and sit Embiid tomorrow.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking don't take chances and sit Embiid tomorrow.
If they took care of their business, they would be in a spot to do that. They haven’t been playing good ball. They need these last 5 games to right the ship. Heat had a really shitty week recently and then responded with a strong week. Sixers had a shit 4 game stretch (especially 4th Qs) and they need to get things squared away. That’s more important than rest or wins and loses.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,593.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good win by Philly today....and much needed to snap that little losing streak of theirs.
Now if they get a win tomorrow in Cleveland ( it'll be a b2b for both teams) then they'd still have a pretty good shot at the #1, 2 or 3.
Maybe Doc finally figured out which rotations are more beneficial??

Sixers' final 5 games to close out the regular season:
@Cavs, @Indy, @ Raps....home for Indy & Det.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD and Lebron returned and Russ fell into old habits.

Yes he took a backseat as he should and tried to let the superstars carry them. What's the problem again? Any thoughts on his 10 points in the 4th?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bron and Westbrook got fouled late and refs didn't call shit. That said, Lakers played like ass and made a bunch of stupid decisions. Hell, Westbrook shouldn't even be out there to close. Ride Bron, AD, and the young guys. The limited time they've had, its been your best group. But Vogel is a dumbass so of course he's not gonna do the thing that gives you the best chance to win
Bron pulled a complete no show in the 4th after dominating the 3rd. Ran out gas? Tweeked the ankle maybe?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he took a backseat as he should and tried to let the superstars carry them. What's the problem again? Any thoughts on his 10 points in the 4th?

I watched the game. He shot horribly to start the game. In the 4th he finally hit a few shots, but also put the team in bad situations routinely. The whole team stagnated in the 4th and I kept waiting for them to sub out Russ. Both AD and Lebron got lazy (or ran out of gas), settling for bad jumpers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harden is getting up there and he has never been a guy who has taken great care of his body like LeBron has.

His skill set lends to being relevant for longer than a player like Russ, but the partying might be starting to take its toll.

I would be shocked if Harden is ever a superstar level player again.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pels just better...

Not necessarily. Lakers had a bunch of turnovers early as AD and Lebron (and Bradley surprisingly) were back in the starting lineup and out of sync. They had the opportunity to jump up big on the Pets and squandered it. The first substitutions were basically a complete line change and the Lakers struggled hard. Lebron came up empty in the 4th after being huge in the 3rd, all resulting in a 3 pt loss.

Lakers #1 unit showed some promise, but I still think Russ is best with AD and Lebron off the floor and his minutes should be staggered to take advantage of that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is getting up there and he has never been a guy who has taken great care of his body like LeBron has.

His skill set lends to being relevant for longer than a player like Russ, but the partying might be starting to take its toll.

I would be shocked if Harden is ever a superstar level player again.
Agreed. When he came here, I dove deeper into stuff on Harden and so many references to next level basketball IQ. He was one of the best pick n roll decision makers I’ve seen when he was a Rocket. This will be about his honest assessment of who he is. He could become a different kind of PG. I found it promising that he took 5 catch and shoot attempts today. Come playoff time though, they’ll need periods of him exploding for 4 buckets on 5 trips. They shouldn’t need it every game in multiple quarters though. Just move the ball and make pieces better.