• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean seriously. You can drop the anti/Embiid anti/Sixers troll job and present a basketball opinion with integrity. Joker can’t hold a candle to Giannis.

Most people can't. Giannis is the best player in basketball so whats your point again?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Giannis is surrounded by more talent than Jokic.
What does that have to do with the fact that Giannis is the better player?

You know what? Fuck it. MVP apparently doesn’t go to the best player. It goes to the best player on The Little Engine That Could Team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Giannis and not Joker is the MVP

That's not how the MVP works. If it was, Lebron would have been MVP for about 15 years straight.

Looks like it's time for me to re-hash my 2 awards opinion.

It's not going to happen, but I think the NBA should have 2 awards. Most Valuable Player and Most Outstanding Player.

Most Valuable would be the player who was the most valuable to his team for that season. That would be someone like Jokic who had a great season and overcame things like playing without 2 of the teams best players. Or Embiid who had to deal with a bunch of drama all season.

Most Outstanding Player would go to whoever the best player is, regardless of how the team has performed.

Sometimes, the same guy might win both, but that's okay, imo.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with the fact that Giannis is the better player?

You know what? Fuck it. MVP apparently doesn’t go to the best player. It goes to the best player on The Little Engine That Could Team.
It isn't the best player, it is most valuable to their team.

Take Jokic off the current state of the Nuggets (without Murray and Porter) and they are a 28-30 win team.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how the MVP works. If it was, Lebron would have been MVP for about 15 years straight.

Looks like it's time for me to re-hash my 2 awards opinion.

It's not going to happen, but I think the NBA should have 2 awards. Most Valuable Player and Most Outstanding Player.

Most Valuable would be the player who was the most valuable to his team for that season. That would be someone like Jokic who had a great season and overcame things like playing without 2 of the teams best players. Or Embiid who had to deal with a bunch of drama all season.

Most Outstanding Player would go to whoever the best player is, regardless of how the team has performed.

Sometimes, the same guy might win both, but that's okay, imo.
Agree with this.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't the best player, it is most valuable to their team.

Take Jokic off the current state of the Nuggets (without Murray and Porter) and they are a 28-30 win team.
And what are the Bucks with Middleton Holiday and role guys?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middleton and Holiday are better than what Denver would have without Jokic. Portis is having a career year.

By far.

They'd still be in the playoffs.
And all of that is a result of Giannis. These arguments all exist in pretend-land trying to extrapolate who would do what without this that or the other.

Essentially you’re saying Jokic is the MVP because his pieces suck or are injured.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Embiid off the Sixers and they’re whale shit. Harden doesn’t even want to go there. It’s just silliness.