• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Rock & Roll HOF nominees

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Matthews Band
Soundgarden
Nine Inch Nails
Doobie Brothers
Thin Lizzy
Judas Priest
Motorhead
T-Rex
Depeche Mode
Kraftwerk
MC5
Todd Rundgren
Pat Benatar
Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan
Whitney Houston
Notorious BIG

Last edited:

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Matthews Band
Soundgarden
Nine Inch Nails
Doobie Brothers
Thin Lizzy
Judas Priest
Motorhead
TRex
Depeche Mode
Kraftwerk

MC5
Todd Rundgren
Pat Benatar
Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan
Whitney Houston
Notorious BIG

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone will eventually end up in this stupid thing

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an MC5 fan, beardown? Or just saying they're not HoF worthy? I'm not a superfan, I don't care for their politics and I don't think they'd get my HoF vote but I wouldn't tell them to go fuck themselves :wink:

That being said I like a lot on your list.

I don't think they had the longevity to deserve a spot personally.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggie was killing it at 17

He'll get in eventually, doesn't need to be on his first nomination. Let's get some of these oldtimers in before everyone involved has passed away. Too late for Biggie on those grounds.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame wasn't a complete joke they'd have Judas Priest and Motorhead in already. This year it should be those two, Thin Lizzy, Doobie Brothers, and then either Depeche Mode, Pat Benatar, or TRex.

That said Notorious B.I.G. is taking one of those slots guaranteed so probably JP, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy, Biggie, and then probably somebody who shouldn't be in like Whitney Houston or DMB.

Nothing against Biggie here btw, he deserves to be in the hip hop HoF, but R&R doesn't make any sense. They really need to change the name to the Pop Music Hall of Fame or something.

Doesn't Rolling Stone have a lot to do with the R&R HoF? That's probably why it's such a shit show.

Jan Wenner was running the show, but stepped down last year. That's probably why bands like Priest, Motorhead and Lizzy are on the list this year lol. They already waited until all the Motorhead originals passed away, lets get some of these legendary bands in before they have to be posthumously inducted too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am of the opinion that HoF members should be “game changers” or those whose contributions impacted the landscape.

Priest and Motörhead were game changers. Anyone denying that has no idea of the impacts they had on bands that followed them. They set a new bar. They are no-brainers to me. I love me some TRex and Thin Lizzy. But I don’t see that happening.

Can’t even envision 70’s rock without the Doobies. The pre McDonald version had a ton of great songs and the McDonald version just dominated radio. They seem like no-brainers as well. Same with Pat Benetar. She isn’t my favorite but she ruled the airways back then.

Toss the rest in a hat.

Thin Lizzy were game changers with their lead guitar harmonies in rock music. NIN were game changers in industrial rock. Pre-McDonald Doobies I can get behind, but his version soured me on the band a bit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grass Roots were my first concert. They didn’t set a very high bar but I have seen worse shows.

They were created by a record producer and two songwriters and the music was largely recorded by studio musicians (The Wrecking Crew). Hard to take them seriously as a HOF act.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unpopular opinion ahead: Whitney Houston for the Rock and Roll HoF? Are we serious with this?

That horse left the barn a long time ago. Madonna is in. Janet Jackson is in. I don't know where they draw the line... Celine Dion ? Mariah Carey ?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many don't even know who the Grass Roots are ... you gotta attach a song (or two)

I have their greatest hits and when I went to college I took my album collection.. about 200 at the time. I was the only one in my suite with music and they talked me into taping them all over the walls like wallpaper so we could all see what was available when we were sitting around hanging out. It was a fucking stupid idea and I got ripped off, before I finally took them down 2nd semester. Anyway I got absolutely shredded for my Grass Roots Greatest Hits ("Where is your Osmond Brothers?") . They were definitely not considered cool. They were pop but they did some great tunes.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Matthews Band

Dave Matthews Band - Too soon
Soundgarden - yes
Nine Inch Nails - maybe down the road
Doobie Brothers - yes
Thin Lizzy - yes

Judas Priest - noise
Motorhead - noise
TRex - WTF? How about the one hit wonder HOF
Depeche Mode :L
Kraftwerk - Fuck no
MC5 - seriously?
Todd Rundgren - yes
Pat Benatar - yes

Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - No
Whitney Houston - R&B HOF, not R&R HOF
Notorious BIG - :laugh3:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Matthews should never get in, maybe the hall of suck!

FlawedIllegalGreatargus-small.gif

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were created by a record producer and two songwriters and the music was largely recorded by studio musicians (The Wrecking Crew). Hard to take them seriously as a HOF act.
Actually they all played their own instruments. The Wrecking Crew was only involved in their first two recordings. Get your facts straight.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have their greatest hits and when I went to college I took my album collection.. about 200 at the time. I was the only one in my suite with music and they talked me into taping them all over the walls like wallpaper so we could all see what was available when we were sitting around hanging out. It was a fucking stupid idea and I got ripped off, before I finally took them down 2nd semester. Anyway I got absolutely shredded for my Grass Roots Greatest Hits ("Where is your Osmond Brothers?") . They were definitely not considered cool. They were pop but they did some great tunes.
They recorded some of the best stuff of the 70's.