• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Rangers season begins TODAY - 7/24 - 7/26 vs. the Rox

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Kluber
Well ala Prince the thought will be another hit and miss for the fences on damaged goods. In retrospect not toon much given.

But as Ranger fans we wish we could afford new things bs hand me downs.
Will be risky to extend or even pick up option INO

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
silver lining of the Kluber injury is that there might not be much of season left anyway. 2 games canceled today (so far) and at least one for tomorrow. And if there's one thing we know about this thing, it spreads very easily.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Kluber
Well ala Prince the thought will be another hit and miss for the fences on damaged goods. In retrospect not toon much given.

But as Ranger fans we wish we could afford new things bs hand me downs.
Will be risky to extend or even pick up option INO
Hard to blame them for going after him. I do think I would stay away from the option though.

Not a Prince type situation at all.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to blame them for going after him. I do think I would stay away from the option though.

Not a Prince type situation at all.
Definitely not a Prince type.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two major aspects in baseball is pitching and hitting. Currently we now have proven pitching that is capable of taking the club into the play off's. After a short five games,hitting has not preformed well at a BA .174. However, we know Santana, Calhoun, Gallo, Elvis, Chirino, Choo and sometime Odor can hit as well as any club because we have all see it. IKF Frazier and Solak may be help in time. After getting over my disappointment the first series, I looked at what we have on offense and talent is there to put up runs. Let's be patient and see if things will get better.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
silver lining of the Kluber injury is that there might not be much of season left anyway. 2 games canceled today (so far) and at least one for tomorrow. And if there's one thing we know about this thing, it spreads very easily.
I hope you’re right... not that it spreads to a lot of players, but that they have to shut the season down.

I give them credit for trying to give it a go, and we all wanted baseball this year. But the whole thing, from the interrupted spring trainings, to the players opting out, to the revised schedules and DH rules, to the empty stadiums and cheesy fan cutouts and artificial crowd noise, to the expanded playoffs has been one big farce. It just isn’t baseball.

I hope it gets scrapped and shut down and it all returns at full strength next March. I want to see the new stadium filled with fans.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons I really could not give a flip about this season is the whole thing does not feel natural. On a take from Young Frankenstein it is so abby normal. They put something together that just does not flow. If this Marlins thing is any indication of things to come it really will be out of whack and a possible embarrassment. I could be wrong in the end but that is just how I feel about it at the moment.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you’re right... not that it spreads to a lot of players, but that they have to shut the season down.

I give them credit for trying to give it a go, and we all wanted baseball this year. But the whole thing, from the interrupted spring trainings, to the players opting out, to the revised schedules and DH rules, to the empty stadiums and cheesy fan cutouts and artificial crowd noise, to the expanded playoffs has been one big farce. It just isn’t baseball.

I hope it gets scrapped and shut down and it all returns at full strength next March. I want to see the new stadium filled with fans.
For now I will go with what we have but won't be heart broken if the bottom falls out. Definitely be better to wait and do it right.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to be positive about the Rangers, and they will always be my team no matter what. But I have never been this down about my team and its future (not even in the bleak 80’s and early 90’s).

We just have no real talent anywhere from low-A ball all the way up to the ML roster. There are some ok players like Gallo and Calhoun, but neither of them are elite All-Stars. They’re not even Nellie Cruz or Mike Napoli levels. Minor and Lynn are legit, but they are not in the club’s long-term plans due to age. I really like them both, but I’d trade either one in a heartbeat if it meant us getting cornerstone players for the future in return. And we do have a few above average prospects like Jung, Huff, and Winn. But that’s all they currently project to be- above average players but not All-Stars.

Elvis and Choo had really great careers, but both are only going to decline from now until they retire. They’re very average players at this point in their careers.

And there just isn’t anything to be excited about looking forward. Our ownership is easily bottom 5 in the league. They care almost solely about turning a profit, and the fact that they’ve apparently lost quite a bit of money due to the pandemic only hurts our chances of seeing any big time free agents walking through the door any time soon. I’m not JD’s biggest fan, but the guy is absolutely handcuffed right now and relegated to wishful lowball offers on legit free agents and bargain bin shopping because of his cheapskate bosses. The Rangers have drafted the fewest Major Leaguers of all 30 teams over the last 10 years. No talented draft picks plus no free agency budget is not a winning formula.

The new stadium could have been SO much better, too. Yeah it’s air conditioned, which will help. And I guess select parts of the inside look nice. But while teams like the Pirates and Giants get to play in beautiful parks, we get to play in what looks like a hybrid of a warehouse, convention center, and aluminum airplane hangar. Whereas The Ballpark was beautifully constructed with bricks, grass, and open air spaces, the new place is a dark, walled-in structure with steel, concrete, and turf. It’s like we the fans were given the excitement of kids receiving gifts on Christmas morning when we were told a shiny new stadium was being built, only when we unwrapped the huge present under the tree, the gift inside was a pair of ugly socks. Hooray. Our new stadium is... functional? Yeah, I know it’s just a stadium and it will grow on us all. But it’s just kind of a metaphor for the state of the franchise in general.

I just wonder why we can’t have nice things. We’re the 4th largest media market in the country with a fan base that supports a winner. Why can’t we get an ownership group that prioritizes winning? Why does our injury risk acquisition go down for the season after 1 inning while the risky signings from other teams pan out? Why do we lose out on our 1 chance of winning a World Series while twice being just 1 strike away, whereas a team with no morals or soul like the Astros can cheat their way to a tainted title?

I want nice things to look forward to for a change.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to be positive about the Rangers, and they will always be my team no matter what. But I have never been this down about my team and its future (not even in the bleak 80’s and early 90’s).

We just have no real talent anywhere from low-A ball all the way up to the ML roster. There are some ok players like Gallo and Calhoun, but neither of them are elite All-Stars. They’re not even Nellie Cruz or Mike Napoli levels. Minor and Lynn are legit, but they are not in the club’s long-term plans due to age. I really like them both, but I’d trade either one in a heartbeat if it meant us getting cornerstone players for the future in return. And we do have a few above average prospects like Jung, Huff, and Winn. But that’s all they currently project to be- above average players but not All-Stars.

Elvis and Choo had really great careers, but both are only going to decline from now until they retire. They’re very average players at this point in their careers.

And there just isn’t anything to be excited about looking forward. Our ownership is easily bottom 5 in the league. They care almost solely about turning a profit, and the fact that they’ve apparently lost quite a bit of money due to the pandemic only hurts our chances of seeing any big time free agents walking through the door any time soon. I’m not JD’s biggest fan, but the guy is absolutely handcuffed right now and relegated to wishful lowball offers on legit free agents and bargain bin shopping because of his cheapskate bosses. The Rangers have drafted the fewest Major Leaguers of all 30 teams over the last 10 years. No talented draft picks plus no free agency budget is not a winning formula.

The new stadium could have been SO much better, too. Yeah it’s air conditioned, which will help. And I guess select parts of the inside look nice. But while teams like the Pirates and Giants get to play in beautiful parks, we get to play in what looks like a hybrid of a warehouse, convention center, and aluminum airplane hangar. Whereas The Ballpark was beautifully constructed with bricks, grass, and open air spaces, the new place is a dark, walled-in structure with steel, concrete, and turf. It’s like we the fans were given the excitement of kids receiving gifts on Christmas morning when we were told a shiny new stadium was being built, only when we unwrapped the huge present under the tree, the gift inside was a pair of ugly socks. Hooray. Our new stadium is... functional? Yeah, I know it’s just a stadium and it will grow on us all. But it’s just kind of a metaphor for the state of the franchise in general.

I just wonder why we can’t have nice things. We’re the 4th largest media market in the country with a fan base that supports a winner. Why can’t we get an ownership group that prioritizes winning? Why does our injury risk acquisition go down for the season after 1 inning while the risky signings from other teams pan out? Why do we lose out on our 1 chance of winning a World Series while twice being just 1 strike away, whereas a team with no morals or soul like the Astros can cheat their way to a tainted title?

I want nice things to look forward to for a change.

I just can’t be positive about this team right now, I mean I like Woodward 10000x better than Banny, but the way the organization treats some of our players just makes no sense.

odor and condor have received so many chances that I can’t even believe it. It’s hard to root for or be happy with our shitty ownership group. I kept saying in the off-season that we have the worst infield in Major League Baseball and why the hell is the front office not doing anything about it?

I guess they were eager to give condor and Odor another shot.

The whole organization needs to be cleaned out. The rangers are stubbornly loyal to their homegrown guys. That’s a great approach when those guys are Michael young, Mark texiera, and Ian kinsler. It’s an awful approach when it’s guys like Odor and condor.

the team sucks, but take solace in the fact that it’s a shortened season and it will hopefully be over soon.

I was personally rooting for baseball to be canceled this year all together because our front office did absolutely nothing to address the terrible lineup and infield problem.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can’t be positive about this team right now, I mean I like Woodward 10000x better than Banny, but the way the organization treats some of our players just makes no sense.

odor and condor have received so many chances that I can’t even believe it. It’s hard to root for or be happy with our shitty ownership group. I kept saying in the off-season that we have the worst infield in Major League Baseball and why the hell is the front office not doing anything about it?

The whole organization needs to be cleaned out. The rangers are stubbornly loyal to their homegrown guys. That’s a great approach when those guys are Michael young, Mark texiera, and Ian kinsler. It’s an awful approach when it’s guys like Odor and condor.

the team sucks, but take solace in the fact that it’s a shortened season and it will hopefully be over soon.

I was personally rooting for baseball to be canceled this year all together because our front office did absolutely nothing to address the terrible lineup and infield problem.
As long as Frazier and IKF are healthy, Guzman is a bench player this year.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok we think our players hit well but maybe our past stadium propped our stats up a bit. Maybe Santana had a career year.. Guzman looks lost and confidence shot. Conversely perhaps our pitching is better then we thought and deep drives to CF die as opposed to last year. LeClerc is still not right. Calhoun is a battler and will improve. The first four hitters for Rockies were vastly superior to ours. We did have hitting talent years back but for some reason they have not taken steps needed. Perhaps I am spoiled by the elite hitters in 2011.

Re Kluber. Of course I love the pickup but Cleveland was a bit to eager to unload. He needs a thorough look see medically before we pick up option

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They just benched Guzman and played Refsnyder. That speaks volumes.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok we think our players hit well but maybe our past stadium propped our stats up a bit. Maybe Santana had a career year.. Guzman looks lost and confidence shot. Conversely perhaps our pitching is better then we thought and deep drives to CF die as opposed to last year. LeClerc is still not right. Calhoun is a battler and will improve. The first four hitters for Rockies were vastly superior to ours. We did have hitting talent years back but for some reason they have not taken steps needed. Perhaps I am spoiled by the elite hitters in 2011.

Re Kluber. Of course I love the pickup but Cleveland was a bit to eager to unload. He needs a thorough look see medically before we pick up option
To me, I think it is ridiculous to be doing any hand wringing over our offense after 3 games, especially considering we only had 2 ST type games. The same is true if it is Odor, Santana or anyone else. Nothing has come anywhere close to being proven yet. I guess it is just the lack of baseball that has caused it, but I think any judgment about our 2020 offense is very, very premature.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just benched Guzman and played Refsnyder. That speaks volumes.

they still waited until the very latest moment possible to announce condor lost his position battle.

bird was a freaking scrub who did nothing.

the corner infield slots have been dealt with extremely poorly. Continuing to rely on odor is getting old. My patience is wearing thin with Elvis too, I’d usually give him a pass because he played during the glory days and I thought he could teach the young players something, but he needs to show something this year too.