• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make a pretty strong argument for LT being our biggest weakness.

I would say too damn early. We paid money to OL coach for a reason.

In the running game, We already have a grand slam winner at LT.

I like that he likes to kill his man the reffs don't so Get that he needs to let go at a certain point.

Still, he is close, a lot closer than the hater are willing to say, to being a dominate LT than a bust.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changed my mind.

WE NEED A NOSE TACKLE. OR ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO STOP THE RUN.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock vs Hebert???

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dane Brugler Top 50 as of now (1-25)

1. *Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State (6-5, 266, 4.76)

Once the 2019 NFL Draft ended, Young was the clear No. 1 draft-eligible prospect for the 2020 draft class. Over a month into the 2019 season, he has only improved and widened that gap between him and the next-best nonquarterback in April’s draft.

2. *Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (6-0, 232, 4.78)

No, I don’t think Tagovailoa will be the consensus top quarterback for next year’s class. He won’t be for everyone due to his size and average arm strength. But for me, his anticipation, timing and improvisation skills separate him from the rest of the pack, making him QB1 at this stage in the process.

3. *Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State (6-1, 200, 4.45)

I received several surprised responses when Okudah cracked the top-five of my preseason draft board, despite only one career start. But his blend of length, physicality and read/react quickness are really impressive and why he continues to ascend as a player.

4.*Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa (6-5, 320, 5.08)

With Trent Williams choosing not to play for the Redskins this season, he has instead returned to college and is playing tackle for the Hawkeyes. OK, not really. But Wirfs is playing like a young Williams with his mix of power, athleticism and technically sound hands.

5. *Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (6-5, 318, 5.11)

Yes, Thomas is OT2 for me with Wirfs one spot higher, but the Georgia left tackle has the talent to be a top-five pick. While he is dominant in pass protection with his quick feet and shock absorbers for hands, Thomas has also been terrific as a run blocker, shielding run lanes and eliminating second level defenders.

6. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (6-6, 240, 4.68)

After completing 59.4 percent of his passes last season, Herbert has 74.4 percent completions in 2019 with a 14-0 touchdown-interception ratio. Conservative play-calling has helped boost his stats, no question. But Herbert has clearly taken positive steps with his decision-making and awareness.

7. *Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama (6-5, 320, 5.30)

It is tough for an Alabama left tackle to be underrated, but that is how it feels with Leatherwood. I ranked him as my No. 16 overall prospect in August, mainly because he wasn’t yet proven as a college tackle (started at right guard in 2018). However, Leatherwood has played as expected so far in 2019 – dominant.

8. *Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama (6-1, 195, 4.50)

There isn’t a better brake-and-balance athlete in college football than Jeudy, which allows him to win with his releases, out of his breaks or after the catch as a ball carrier. In a loaded class, I don’t believe he is the “consensus” top receiver, but he will be a dynamic weapon in an NFL offense.

9. *A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa (6-5, 284, 4.75)

Stat sheets are always misleading, but it is surprising to see Epenesa with only one tackle for loss and one sack through four games. He is seeing more attention from offenses, which is the main reason for his unimpressive production, but Epenesa needs to adjust and turn up his impact.

10. *Jordan Love, QB, Utah State (6-3, 224, 4.68)

“Mahomes-like” was mentioned when discussing Love with NFL scouts this summer for my quarterback preview. Although his decision-making requires maturing, Love is a loose passer with the arm talent and movements that help him create magic as a ball-handler

11. *CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (6-1, 192, 4.48)

The Oklahoma juggernaut offense continues to roll and Lamb is a key cog in that machine. He has above average ball skills and football intelligence and his route-running continues to mature every time he takes the field. On the season, Lamb is averaging an astounding 25.9 yards per catch.

12. *Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama (5-11, 192, 4.32)

Speed kills – and Ruggs might be the fastest player in college football. He is averaging a touchdown every 3.6 receptions and has made plays on special teams coverages as well. It wouldn’t be a shock if he is WR1 on some team’s draft boards because of his impact potential.

13. *Grant Delpit, SS, LSU (6-2, 206, 4.56)

With his anticipation and closing speed from the safety position, Delpit has Pro Bowl potential in the NFL. But if he wants to reach that level of player and be a top-10 pick next April, he must improve his consistency as a tackler downhill and in the secondary.

14. *Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado (6-2, 224, 4.55)

Shenault was my WR1 in the preseason, but there is very little separating all these talented wideouts and his injuries could be the difference in being the first wideout drafted or the fourth. Regardless, Shenault has all the talent to be a top-15 pick.

15. Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (6-2, 202, 4.42)

Aside from Justin Herbert, Diggs is the highest-rated senior prospect on the draft board. While he still needs to tweak some of the technical aspects of the position, Diggs is a freakish athlete with the ceiling to be an NFL team’s top cornerback.

16. *Isaiah Simmons, LB/S, Clemson (6-3, 228, 4.55)

Is Simmons a better safety or linebacker? Or maybe he’s better in the nickel? Regardless, smart defensive coordinators find a role for his versatile skill set. With his blend of length, athleticism and toughness, Simmons is the ideal modern-day defender.

17. Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (6-4, 325, 5.02)

When scouting 300-pound defensive linemen, some show explosiveness in their lower body while others explode with their upper body. The rare ones do both, which is why Brown is the No. 1 interior defensive prospect at this point in the process.

18. Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (6-0, 194, 4.46)

I still have some questions about Fulton’s ball tracking skills downfield, but his athletic twitch and physical nature allows him to stay attached to receivers, making them uncomfortable. With true freshman Derek Stingley looking like the real deal, LSU has one of the best corner tandems in the country.

19. Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (6-5, 308, 5.06)

Still young in football years, Kinlaw is explosive off the ball with the length and contact balance to force his way through the line of scrimmage. Kinlaw, who leads the Gamecocks with 4.0 sacks, is still discovering just how good he can be.

20. *D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia (5-9, 215, 4.47)

Swift entered the season as RB1 and, thus far, he hasn’t done anything to change that. Despite defenses knowing that Georgia wants to establish the run, he is averaging 7.9 yards per carry in 2019, showing off his blend of elusiveness and run toughness. Swift is also averaging 12.5 yards per catch.

21. *Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (6-3, 205, 4.47)

Although he must mature as a route-runner before he is ready for NFL man-coverage, Higgins is a big play waiting to happen with his lithe, athletic adjustment skills. With his quick-twitch reflexes and ball skills, he is able to use every inch of his frame to expand his catch radius.

22. *Jacob Eason, QB, Washington (6-5, 230, 5.06)

With his size and arm talent, it hasn’t been a surprise to see Eason thriving with the Huskies. Through five games, he is completing 71 percent of his passes for 1,243 yards, 10 touchdowns and only two interceptions. Eason is still a work in progress mentally, but so far, so good.

23. *Creed Humphrey, OC, Oklahoma (6-4, 328, 5.29)

Despite losing four starters from last season, the Oklahoma offensive line has done a nice job in 2019 with Humphrey as the glue of the unit. He is only a redshirt sophomore, but he plays like a senior (and future NFL starter) with his veteran awareness and movements.

24. *Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (5-10, 218, 4.53)

Taylor’s ball security and versatility on passing downs remain under the microscope, but Wisconsin is working to expand his responsibilities in 2019. As a runner, he is close to the total package with his combination of vision, footwork and decision-making.

25. Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame (6-5, 242, 4.56)

After a slow start to the season, including an uninspiring performance vs. Georgia, Okwara looked extra motivated vs. Virginia. He finished Saturday’s game with 3.0 sacks, two forced fumbles and numerous other hurries, showing why NFL scouts are high on his pass rush upside.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26-50

26. Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama (6-6, 315, 5.14)

After a breakout sophomore season, Davis was the first to admit that he disappointed last season as a junior. He returned for his senior season and is making the most of his final season in Tuscaloosa, playing like a dominant run defender.

27. Lucas Niang, OT, TCU (6-6, 336, 5.26)

With his length, body girth and lateral footwork, Niang does a nice job handling edge rushers and winning the corner. He stays coordinated with his lower half to mirror speed and although he must improve his placement, Niang is active with his hands to counter rush moves.

28. *Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia (6-3, 224, 4.78)

One of the more polarizing prospects in the 2020 class, Fromm doesn’t have elite physical measurables and won’t be a fit for every offense at the NFL level. But he is highly accurate with the football intelligence and intangibles that will turn pro coaches into believers.

29. *Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State (6-5, 264, 4.67)

Similar to his sophomore tape, Gross-Matos is still developing his pass rush set up and sequence to be a more efficient edge player. But the raw talent is easy to spot and has led to rush production, leading Penn State with 5.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks through four games.

30. *Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (5-10, 196, 4.42)

While his inconsistent ball security and finishing skills are bothersome, Reagor is an explosive play waiting to happen. And not only does he have pure speed, he understands route leverage, allowing him to shift gears and uncover from defenders.

31. *CJ Henderson, CB, Florida (6-1, 196, 4.43)

It has been an up-and-down season so far for Henderson, struggling in run support and battling injuries. But his coverage skills at his size are why he is considered a first-round possibility.

32. Trey Adams, OT, Washington (6-8, 304, 5.27)

Ultimately, the medical evaluations at the combine will determine Adams’ draft grade, but on the field, he is taking care of what he can control and playing at a high level.

33. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (6-3, 212, 4.88)

How Burrow performs against Alabama and Florida will tell us much more than Texas and Vanderbilt. But he looks like a much-improved player in several key areas.

34. Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (6-2, 202, 4.53)

Hall has tremendous length and ball skills, but there tends to be too much feast or famine on his tape, which is why there is probably a better chance he lands on day two on draft weekend.

35. *Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (5-9, 212, 4.52)

There are a lot of split opinions on Etienne in scouting circles. He is a dynamic playmaker due to his speed and cutting skills, but he needs to become a more well-rounded player.

36. *Carlos Basham, EDGE, Wake Forest (6-5, 278, 4.78)

Not only does he look the part, but Basham has better-than-expected burst off the ball. His relentless energy makes him tough to slow down and demands extra attention.

37. *A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson (6-1, 192, 4.49)

Although his aggressive tendencies will work against him at times, Terrell has the length/speed combination that NFL teams are looking for at the position.

38. *Tyler Biadasz, OC, Wisconsin (6-2, 322, 5.26)

Biadasz is only average athletically, which can be exposed at times, but his smarts and technically sound approach help give him the advantage one-on-one.

39. *Xavier McKinney, SS, Alabama (6-1, 204, 4.60)

The leading tackler of the Tide’s defense, McKinney (13 tackles on Saturday) is playing with improved play speed, confidence and consistency so far in 2019.

40. *Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama (6-5, 258, 4.65)

If healthy, Lewis is a first-round pick – he has that type of juice off the edge. Unfortunately for Lewis, he has missed most of the last two seasons and already had a procedure in 2019.

41. *Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State (5-11, 189, 4.46)

Averaging 22.1 yards per catch, Wallace is a 5-foot-11 receiver who plays like he is 6-foot-3 with the way he highpoints and attacks the football downfield.

42. *Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington (6-2, 244, 4.63)

Now that he is healthy, Bryant already has season-highs in catches (23) and yards (334) through five games. His athletic profile is in the Evan Engram or Noah Fant mold.

43. Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma (6-2, 302, 4.92)

Humans who are 300-plus pounds shouldn’t have movement skills like Gallimore. The production isn’t always there, but the traits (burst, power, speed) are certainly present.

44. *Eno Benjamin, RB, Arizona State (5-9, 205, 4.46)

Although he is averaging under 4.0 yards per carry in 2019, Benjamin has been a warrior for the Sun Devils, running with tremendous determination to create his own yardage.

45. *Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State (6-4, 318, 5.20)

A former top recruit, Wilson is living up to that hype as a junior, using his power and foot quickness to penetrate the pocket and make stops vs. the run.

45. Darrell Taylor, EDGE, Tennessee (6-3, 259, 4.67)

Although he has only one sack through four games, Taylor has been disruptive off the edge. However, he needs to be more consistent in the run game to be a top-50 pick.

46. Ashtyn Davis, FS, California (6-1, 201, 4.44)

While his overaggressive nature will backfire from time to time, Davis’ play speed, smarts and toughness are a terrific combination that make him easy to spot on tape.

47. *Curtis Weaver, EDGE, Boise State (6-3, 264, 4.79)

Averaging 1.5 sacks per game (third best in the FBS), Weaver has been tough to slow down in 2019. He isn’t a top-tier athlete, but his snap timing and hand violence create pressure.

48. *Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest (6-3, 224, 4.56)

The ACC leader in receiving yards (515) and touchdowns (six), Surratt has outstanding body control and twitch, flashing skills similar to 2019 second-rounder JJ Arcega-Whiteside.

49. *Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford (6-1, 188, 4.47)

A scheme-specific outside cornerback, Adebo has some stiffness in his transition and his aggressive nature often works against him, but the ball production shouldn’t be ignored.

50. Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt (6-4, 250, 4.78)

A “jack of all trades, master of none” tight end, Pinkney might not be a dominant pass-catcher and blocker, but he is a steady option in both categories.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I were in charge I would be trying to retain Justin Simmons and Connor McGovern right now. Young guys, emerging leaders, hard workers. With so much turnover coming, retaining two ascending pieces would be key for forward thinking plan on this team. I also would be interested in retaining Gotsis but it comes down to contract for him. He's a fine starter he's just not a difference maker. Still, almost impossible to completely turnover the IDL and be good. Retaining him (or Wolfe... but Wolfe may retire) would be something I would consider just for some continuity.

After that, if Denver is picking top 10, I'm thinking it will likely be OT or CB. Obviously depends on how board falls and if a guy like Epenesa or Delpit or a WR is their BPA, they may just say eff it and swing, but right now that seems like the direction.

Question comes down to if you think we should continue the offensive rebuild and continue to stack promising pieces there or if the defense, suddenly taking a massive step back, needs a shot in the arm.

Given the Broncos best chance to be great is Lock emerging as a franchise QB, I tend to lean offense. I would be willing to take a step back defensively if it meant Lock is able to grow and lean on some offensive pieces as he makes mistakes, grows, and develops into the guy much like Dak Prescott has over his time in Dallas.

#BuildTheNest

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I were in charge I would be trying to retain Justin Simmons and Connor McGovern right now. Young guys, emerging leaders, hard workers. With so much turnover coming, retaining two ascending pieces would be key for forward thinking plan on this team. I also would be interested in retaining Gotsis but it comes down to contract for him. He's a fine starter he's just not a difference maker. Still, almost impossible to completely turnover the IDL and be good. Retaining him (or Wolfe... but Wolfe may retire) would be something I would consider just for some continuity.

After that, if Denver is picking top 10, I'm thinking it will likely be OT or CB. Obviously depends on how board falls and if a guy like Epenesa or Delpit or a WR is their BPA, they may just say eff it and swing, but right now that seems like the direction.

Question comes down to if you think we should continue the offensive rebuild and continue to stack promising pieces there or if the defense, suddenly taking a massive step back, needs a shot in the arm.

Given the Broncos best chance to be great is Lock emerging as a franchise QB, I tend to lean offense. I would be willing to take a step back defensively if it meant Lock is able to grow and lean on some offensive pieces as he makes mistakes, grows, and develops into the guy much like Dak Prescott has over his time in Dallas.

#BuildTheNest
We need LT, G, IBer , DT , CBs and a Hollywood Brown type WR.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Ruggs!!!

I think Justin Simmons is for sure going to get a long term deal here. He has played really well this year. Probably other than Chubb has shown the most heart on D.

Harris and Sanders want out you can just tell and I don’t blame them. Wolfe will walk this year too IMO. Someone will pay him a decent deal and we probably got his best years.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Harris is a big fan of Simmons
Not enough “dogs” any longer on the Denver D

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Ruggs!!!

I think Justin Simmons is for sure going to get a long term deal here. He has played really well this year. Probably other than Chubb has shown the most heart on D.

Harris and Sanders want out you can just tell and I don’t blame them. Wolfe will walk this year too IMO. Someone will pay him a decent deal and we probably got his best years.

Talking w/ Allbright it sounds like Wolfe either returns OR retires

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since James isn’t a RT is the consensus move Bolles to LG(I’m sure some people want to move him to the dumpster but that’s not realistic) to replace Leary and draft a LT? If so do we go round 1 or is there more depth later and we should go DL or CB early?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Harris is a big fan of Simmons
Not enough “dogs” any longer on the Denver D

Known as loser's lament.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since James isn’t a RT is the consensus move Bolles to LG(I’m sure some people want to move him to the dumpster but that’s not realistic) to replace Leary and draft a LT? If so do we go round 1 or is there more depth later and we should go DL or CB early?

Bolles to a guard spot - is a good idea.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need at least 3 new starters on oline next year. Risner looks decent, the rest are trash

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need at least 3 new starters on oline next year. Risner looks decent, the rest are trash

I disagree. You need just one or two pro bowl type players. Right now we have too many average or below average players, and in order to play the Miller's of the world we have to put more than one person on them.

We hamstring ourselves with poor players, even worse plays, and difficult schemes.