• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is gonna have a heck of a combo OG play with Josh Meyers and Wyatt Davis. Keep an eye on those two.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Ohio State, who are we going to draft from there this year?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Munford or Fuller - Keep an eye on Munford.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Fuller but limited upside and struggled at the combine.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO - Munford is the kind of guy - if you have good medical information on his current condition and prognosis - no red flags- that you draft maybe in round 3. Give him a year to replace the crime wave at LT. Now - coronavirus screws this up for guys like Munford. Because of uncertainty - he may fall even further and IMO - from 4th round on - if he is there draft him with the idea you can develop him in a year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have convinced myself that Jordan Love is the #2 QB in this draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you convince a team or two drafting 14 or higher of the same?

Raiders and Chargers make me nervous. Could be a blessing for us if he falls past 14. Not that we are going to take him but that one of those two teams don’t get him but will definitely be helpful for us if he goes before then.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Love is a Paxton Lynch. He can't read defenses. Take it from a Wyoming fan that watched him play a lot. Wyoming runs a more NFL type of scheme and does a good job of disguising coverages and he didn't play well against Wyoming his JR. year or SR. year. Yes, Nevada won, but it wasn't because of him. He's limited mentally. I like the kid physically, but he's like Tebow, Lynch and a few quarterbacks that just can't read a defense. Some people just get it, and he doesn't. I hope the Raiders or the Chargers draft him and that slides another best player available to the #15 slot for us.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Love is a Paxton Lynch. He can't read defenses. Take it from a Wyoming fan that watched him play a lot. Wyoming runs a more NFL type of scheme and does a good job of disguising coverages and he didn't play well against Wyoming his JR. year or SR. year. Yes, Nevada won, but it wasn't because of him. He's limited mentally. I like the kid physically, but he's like Tebow, Lynch and a few quarterbacks that just can't read a defense. Some people just get it, and he doesn't. I hope the Raiders or the Chargers draft him and that slides another best player available to the #15 slot for us.

Not sure I agree that he is similar to Lynch, but I do agree with you on a lot of the rest of this. Just hard to find a QB I like after Burrow in this years draft. I'm surely not sold on Jordan Love, but I am very sour on Tua and Herbert really hasn't improved to me over the past two years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have heard rumblings that at the Combine he really struggled on the white board. A lot of the mock drafts from people in the know have had him drop quite a bit in the draft. So makes me think there is some truth to it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jordan Love hype did seem to die down. I still think he can be a 'Dak' kind of player where if you surround him with talent, run the ball, and keep it simple then he can do some things. Also the kind of player where you aren't sure you should give him a second contract. I was low on Paxton Lynch coming out of college and IIRC I thought he was a third rounder just based on ceiling. Love isn't that raw. Him and Eason both have some issues that should keep them on the bench for their first year, though. With this year's draft, that might be enough to push them into the 3rd round. The value is flat and good in rd2 imo. Every team should be looking at rd2 and thinking 'I can get a starter here'

I don't know how anyone could draft these QBs that are reckless with the ball with Winston and Cam are both on the market. Dalton on the market, too. Yeah, there is upside there but you're also blowing a really good draft pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jordan Love hype did seem to die down. I still think he can be a 'Dak' kind of player where if you surround him with talent, run the ball, and keep it simple then he can do some things. Also the kind of player where you aren't sure you should give him a second contract. I was low on Paxton Lynch coming out of college and IIRC I thought he was a third rounder just based on ceiling. Love isn't that raw. Him and Eason both have some issues that should keep them on the bench for their first year, though. With this year's draft, that might be enough to push them into the 3rd round, though. The value is flat and good in rd2 imo. Every team should be looking at rd2 and thinking 'I can get a starter here'

Great post. I think Dak is Love’s best comparison in terms of his ceiling.

Not sure he has died down though. Latest national grade as him as a top 15 pick.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. I think Dak is Love’s best comparison in terms of his ceiling.

Not sure he has died down though. Latest national grade as him as a top 15 pick.
Im still not sure if I'm rooting for the Chargers to draft one of these guys. If Herbert gets fixed by a coaching staff then his upside is pretty scary but I think he is a pretty awful consolation prize if they miss out on Burrow and Tua. Love and Eason scare me a bit more but only because it means that the Chargers probably spend their first pick on an OT.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- That is what I am saying. It's very hard to say if you want the Chargers or Raiders to draft one of these QB's or not. It could turn out good for them or very poor. I know the Raiders have high interest in Jordan Love.

I am gathered with Herbert after watching him as a true FR I thought he could be a decent QB, too early to tell.
After watching him as a SOPH I thought he could be an elite QB
After watching him as a JR I thought he could be a "GOOD" QB
After watching him as a SR I thought he was no different then he was as a JR (A little healthier after breaking his collarbone) but I didn't see much progress from his SO or JR year. Appealing as a SOPH but when you don't grow a lot your next two years it is a concern for me.

My basic conclusion is that Herbert has good upside, but probably won't see the "great" that I saw in him as a SOPH ever develop, but I also feel his downside is a lot lesser than Tua's. I just don't see it in Tua the more I watch him. Great college team, great college QB, but I just don't know that he has the tools/mechanics to work with at the next level. For a guy who is going top 10 you're going to have a ton of work to get him where his upside can be in the NFL. This can be said about a lot of QB's though so at some time you have to take that leap and work with a young QB you might see as your long term solution.

Love to me is more in the middle. I don't think you will ever see "Greatness" with Love, but I think you can get a guy who can win you football games if the team is setup well around him. He surely doesn't have the ceiling Tua and Herbert do, but I think you are at least getting average with him. That being said I would easily take Tua or Herbert over Love because I would be willing to take that chance, but I also won't be shocked if Love turns out a more effective QB then the other two 5 years from now. Draft wise I'd easily take Tua or Herbert over him and trust that I have the ability to surround him with people that can develop these two.

Jacob Eason made a huge mistake in not returning IMO... Could be the difference between flop and a good QB. Doesn't mean he won't be good in the NFL, but he really had A LOT to gain by coming back. Once Chris Petersen left the program though I can understand a lot more why Eason declared for the draft. Guy was committed to Miami, ended up at Georgia. Sat out a year, transfer to Washington then declared for the draft. His route has been interesting and he has had ants in his pants, just hasn't really settled down. He is where he is now, and he has some nice tools. Another major questiona mark. What are you getting with Eason? He was up and down at Washington, never saw anything awful with him, saw small signs of greatness but Washington also runs the ball a lot, plays good defense (although the defense was not as good this year as it was the previous years)- Just very hard to get a good reason Eason. In a perfect world he would have stayed, Chris Petersen would have stayed and Eason would have had a great year at Washington to solidify his draft spot and there would be a lot less questions about what you're getting with Eason. Now, you just don't know.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of pro days is really gonna hurt the day 3/undrafted players a lot more then the early picks.

Imagine those guys with very little college recognition who workout well. Tons of undrafted guys/late round guys get drafted based off proday interaction.

At the same time... It probably helps the guys who have good college film who won't work out well.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still got to draft the same number of players and sign the same number of UdFAs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- That is what I am saying. It's very hard to say if you want the Chargers or Raiders to draft one of these QB's or not. It could turn out good for them or very poor. I know the Raiders have high interest in Jordan Love.

I am gathered with Herbert after watching him as a true FR I thought he could be a decent QB, too early to tell.
After watching him as a SOPH I thought he could be an elite QB
After watching him as a JR I thought he could be a "GOOD" QB
After watching him as a SR I thought he was no different then he was as a JR (A little healthier after breaking his collarbone) but I didn't see much progress from his SO or JR year. Appealing as a SOPH but when you don't grow a lot your next two years it is a concern for me.

My basic conclusion is that Herbert has good upside, but probably won't see the "great" that I saw in him as a SOPH ever develop, but I also feel his downside is a lot lesser than Tua's. I just don't see it in Tua the more I watch him. Great college team, great college QB, but I just don't know that he has the tools/mechanics to work with at the next level. For a guy who is going top 10 you're going to have a ton of work to get him where his upside can be in the NFL. This can be said about a lot of QB's though so at some time you have to take that leap and work with a young QB you might see as your long term solution.

Love to me is more in the middle. I don't think you will ever see "Greatness" with Love, but I think you can get a guy who can win you football games if the team is setup well around him. He surely doesn't have the ceiling Tua and Herbert do, but I think you are at least getting average with him. That being said I would easily take Tua or Herbert over Love because I would be willing to take that chance, but I also won't be shocked if Love turns out a more effective QB then the other two 5 years from now. Draft wise I'd easily take Tua or Herbert over him and trust that I have the ability to surround him with people that can develop these two.

Jacob Eason made a huge mistake in not returning IMO... Could be the difference between flop and a good QB. Doesn't mean he won't be good in the NFL, but he really had A LOT to gain by coming back. Once Chris Petersen left the program though I can understand a lot more why Eason declared for the draft. Guy was committed to Miami, ended up at Georgia. Sat out a year, transfer to Washington then declared for the draft. His route has been interesting and he has had ants in his pants, just hasn't really settled down. He is where he is now, and he has some nice tools. Another major questiona mark. What are you getting with Eason? He was up and down at Washington, never saw anything awful with him, saw small signs of greatness but Washington also runs the ball a lot, plays good defense (although the defense was not as good this year as it was the previous years)- Just very hard to get a good reason Eason. In a perfect world he would have stayed, Chris Petersen would have stayed and Eason would have had a great year at Washington to solidify his draft spot and there would be a lot less questions about what you're getting with Eason. Now, you just don't know.
I think I'm higher on Tua than you are. He did basically have the ideal setup for a QB and only achieved about what you'd except but I think there is more nuance to it than that.

When I see Burrow, I see someone who wants to extend plays and did so with crazy accuracy. Big Ben, Mahomes, Favre, Rodgers, etc. Most of those guys don't come out swinging year 1. Big Ben did have a great start to his career but as a game manager. Burrow also doesn't have the arm talent of some of these other guys but I'm expecting him to be a game manager year 1 and maybe even year 2 before trying to be the next Aaron Rodgers or Big Ben. Tua's ability seems more repeatable assuming he stays healthy. A system guy. The worst case scenario for him is if he ends up like Sam Bradford and his accuracy is somewhat overblown and never develops because he is on bad teams, doesn't have "it", can't stay healthy, etc. I think Tua needs to be surrounded with talent more than Burrow but I wouldn't be shocked if they're both top 10 QBs in the NFL.

Herbert needs to fix his mechanics. Its that binary with him. If he doesn't, he'll likely bounce around the NFL like a Nick Foles. Maybe flash some talent here and there. If he gets those mechanics down, though, he is probably going to be a starter for years.

Still, with all of these QBs it comes down to the team culture thats around them. None of these guys are making it in Miami without some serious changes there.