• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 draft thread

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the UConn kid too. Its very tough to get a starting LT in round 3 or 4. I agree that we should sign Peters or Glenn unless they want to put Christian at LT and Lucas to be the swing OT. Plus we signed another journeyman LT.
When the team is competitive in RR's year 2 and or 3, I want a LT in place to be part of the surge. Peart for his size has a nice base, good footwork, stays somewhat low and finishes. All good traits. Like Bartch out of St. Mary's but believe he will be gone. I think round 3 allows us to add a playmaker we so desperately need and we can go TE & OT in round 4.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezra is moving up boards....Bottom 1st, early 2nd?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A while back, some offered their ideal trade scenario, that gives us the extra draft picks needed to bolster the team's talent pool. I didn't then, but now offer this: (I'm trading Williams and Kerrigan before or at the very opening of the draft.)

Before I would ever make ANY trade down, one thing would have to happen... the Detroit Lions would have to trade down first. If that happens, I'm looking at the team that's now behind our guys in that third spot. If I've confirmed their move was motivated as posturing for a QB, then the game is afoot!

Rumors being what they are, I'd make in known that we're looking to trade down to someone seeking a QB at #2, with the real goal being a second round draft pick. Knowing this, I'm picking up the phone and calling that team in the third spot and offering them assurances at the #2 spot, the cost being, their round two pick.

Here's what ensues if they accept, they move up to #2, we move down to #3, they take their QB, we take Young and gain a second round draft pick.

If Detroit doesn't move, all of this goes away. My draft scenario INCLUDES drafting Young or not moving down if a move like that eliminates that possibility. If it works out, our draft selections goes from 6 to 9 and we add an additional 24 million to our cap.