• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Concerts

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Scott Ian really fit with Mr Bungle? Hmmm...
They played an early demo tape that’s primarily thrash metal. Show started with them playing the theme song to Mr. Rogers, while Patton held a puppy. That was followed by an hour and half of a relentless assault. They were trying to kill fuckers, aside from a midset break of Summer Breeze by Seals and Croft(lol) They did quite a few covers(Circle Jerks, Cro-Mags, Corrosion of Conformity, etc.)

Melvins were their usual awesomeness. They did I Wanna Hold your Hand by the Beatles that was great.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patton puppy.jpg
patton.jpg
scott ian.jpg

Patton rocking the Coolio 'do. Looks a little like Chuck Mosely even.

Love the Tacos Misfits shirt. Spruance had on a sweet Ramones logo shirt that said Rambo instead.

Great show. Lombardo is a machine on the drums. Spruance is a modern day wizard. Dunn is quietly incredible. Just a wrecking ball. One of the heavier and louder shows I've seen. It was fucking great.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got tix for Stones and RATM in Buffalo (separate shows, obviously)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got tix for Stones and RATM in Buffalo (separate shows, obviously)

I gotta buddy that wants me to come see Rage in Washington.

I don't know if I give enough shits. I assume it'll be in some big-ass football stadium and I just loathe that idea so much.

Regarding your Scott Ian comment, I forgot to mention S.O.D.(Stormtroopers of Death) Widely credited as the first bridge of thrash and punk.

Patton, Spruance and Dunn were all big thrash fans as kids. Slayer, Anthrax and S.O.D. were their heroes. So it's just them inviting their thrash heroes to come play their thrash '86 demo tape, The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny.

I've seen Slayer and Anthrax numerous times, and I am here to say, that Bungle concert was the heaviest, loudest most relentless show I've been to.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if I give enough shits. I assume it'll be in some big-ass football stadium and I just loathe that idea so much.

Regarding your Scott Ian comment, I forgot to mention S.O.D.(Stormtroopers of Death) Widely credited as the first bridge of thrash and punk.

Patton, Spruance and Dunn were all big thrash fans as kids. Slayer, Anthrax and S.O.D. were their heroes. So it's just them inviting their thrash heroes to come play their thrash '86 demo tape, The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny.

I've seen Slayer and Anthrax numerous times, and I am here to say, that Bungle concert was the heaviest, loudest most relentless show I've been to.

Very familiar with Ian, Anthrax, and SOD. Not sure I would credit them with inventing crossover punk though, but hey definitely had their hands in it. COC's Animosity was the same year, for example, but there were multiple bands with influence. Motorhead fits in there somehow, but not perfectly. Crossover really blossomed in '87.

RATM is playing indoors in Buffalo, at the Sabres arena (KeyBank Center) with Run The Jewels. My brother scored the tickets (he's likes that chase) and they sold out pretty quickly here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very familiar with Ian, Anthrax, and SOD. Not sure I would credit them with inventing crossover punk though, but hey definitely had their hands in it. COC's Animosity was the same year, for example, but there were multiple bands with influence. Motorhead fits in there somehow, but not perfectly. Crossover really blossomed in '87.

RATM is playing indoors in Buffalo, at the Sabres arena (KeyBank Center) with Run The Jewels. My brother scored the tickets (he's likes that chase) and they sold out pretty quickly here.

They covered Loss for Words off of Animosity, ftr.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RATM will be here in the bay area (Oakland Arena) on April 21st, a few days after they leave Coachella.

I might be into that.
Tickets on sale in 53 minutes (for Tacoma). Gonna try.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

State? They’re playing the Tacoma Dome here, which is a shitty little dome.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
State? They’re playing the Tacoma Dome here, which is a shitty little dome.

I hadn't looked yet. What's it used for, primarily?

edit: Just googled it. Still a 20K arena. Doesn't move my needle.

I saw Rage twice in their heyday.....I don't know why, but I just don't care about them reuniting??:noidea:

Just seems like a dated cash-grab.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't looked yet. What's it used for, primarily?
Concerts mostly. Also popular for high school graduations. Used to have the state football semis/finals there. Tacoma also used to have a semi pro hockey team that played there.

It’s an arena that has an arena vibe for concerts. Not the worst venue, far from the best.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concerts mostly. Also popular for high school graduations. Used to have the state football semis/finals there. Tacoma also used to have a semi pro hockey team that played there.

It’s an arena that has an arena vibe for concerts. Not the worst venue, far from the best.
Not seeing any kinda pricing yet?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t find anything. Apparently it’s a secret until they go on sale.

I mean, they have to be somewhat affordable, right? If RATM jumps in the whole overpriced concert ticket fad, that would be like, blasphemous, no?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, they have to be somewhat affordable, right? If RATM jumps in the whole overpriced concert ticket fad, that would be like, blasphemous, no?
That’s what I’m assuming. And they’ll go quick, and be marked up 500%

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking my wife will divorce me if I plan any more concert/vacations. :sigh:
It’s worth it. I quit a band to try to save my marriage, was a terrible decision.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 2000+ people in front of me...