• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Rookie draft

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Pre Combine RB rankings/comparisons

1 Josh Jacobs Comp Chris Carson

2 Miles Sanders Comp LeSean McCoy

3 Benny Snell Comp Corey Dillon

4 Damien Harris Comp Carlos Hyde

5 Darell Henderson Comp Kareem Hunt

6 David Montgomery Comp Warrick Dunn

7 Devin Singletary Comp Tevin Coleman

8 Trayveon Williams Comp Kerryon Johnson

Some honorable mentions in no particular order

Dexter Williams Comp D'onta Foreman

Rodney Anderson Comp Demarco Murray

Elijah Holyfield Comp Andre Williams

Bryce Love Comp Jamaal Charles

Myles Gaskin Comp Ameer Abdullah

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Pre Combine RB rankings/comparisons

1 Josh Jacobs Comp Chris Carson

2 Miles Sanders Comp LeSean McCoy

3 Benny Snell Comp Corey Dillon

4 Damien Harris Comp Carlos Hyde

5 Darell Henderson Comp Kareem Hunt

6 David Montgomery Comp Warrick Dunn

7 Devin Singletary Comp Tevin Coleman

8 Trayveon Williams Comp Kerryon Johnson

Some honorable mentions in no particular order

Dexter Williams Comp D'onta Foreman

Rodney Anderson Comp Demarco Murray

Elijah Holyfield Comp Andre Williams

Bryce Love Comp Jamaal Charles

Myles Gaskin Comp Ameer Abdullah

2 stick out to me, sanders bveing that high, and anderson being that low but nice work:nod:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 stick out to me, sanders bveing that high, and anderson being that low but nice work:nod:

It is interesting, because in a class this wide open, their dynasty value in rookie drafts will be as much about where they end up than their actual talent level.

Almost any 1 of those guys could be the #1 pick if they land in the perfect spot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting, because in a class this wide open, their dynasty value in rookie drafts will be as much about where they end up than their actual talent level.

Almost any 1 of those guys could be the #1 pick if they land in the perfect spot.
i agree, i have a few handful who i truly think are better than the rest, and a few that people are higher on that i really dont think are good

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll be avoiding Anderson 3 major injuries before playing a down in the NFL

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Pre combine WR rankings/comp just started watching game film on these guys, but so far this WR class looks loaded

1 Hakeem Butler Comp Jimmy Graham

2 Nkeal Harry Comp Anquon Boldin

3 DK Metcalf Comp If he develops Julio if not could be Dorial Green Beckham

4 Kelvin Harmon Comp Alshon Jeffery

5 Deebo Samuels Comp Jarvis Landry

6 Hollywood Brown Comp Desean Jackson

7 AJ Brown Comp Kelvan Benjamin

8 Riley Ridley Comp Tyler Boyd

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Pre combine WR rankings/comp just started watching game film on these guys, but so far this WR class looks loaded

i love aj brown, hakeem butler, and a sneaky harmon, butler was my top choice........u sly dog, i mentioned him to treff a while ago

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never had a whole lot of luck identifying the next great WR's, however, I have been fairly decent at avoiding a few that others thought were good but I saw were shit. LaQuon Treadwell being probably my proudest avoidance (too bad I was all in on Corey Coleman though). Last year i was big on Ridley, Moore, MVS, St. Brown and Gallup, so far so good, but still long ways to go for some, at least they haven't completely fallen on their faces.

This year I'm staying away from Metcalf, but definitely keeping a watchful eye on Butler and Ridley. There's a few other lesser names that given the right situations could make 2nd or 3rd round steals

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard late in the NFL season from multiple sources that this was a weak draft class for RB and WR. So based on that I made the decision to trade away my early picks.

Some of the hype over these rookies has me regretting that a little. Unless it is just hype.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard late in the NFL season from multiple sources that this was a weak draft class for RB and WR. So based on that I made the decision to trade away my early picks.

Some of the hype over these rookies has me regretting that a little. Unless it is just hype.
its that time of the year for hype. Here is my take, and im a sheer nobody. and im looking at this from and offensicve talent thing.

QB-not a good draft class at all, however mahomes class was thought to be awful as well.

WR-There is no Megatron, ODB, Julio etc. But there are some really solid wr's. CBS sports has 1 wr projected in the first. Others ive seen 3-4. I see a top 5-6 guys, with 8-9 i really like. Then the guys that will be good that you jsut dont know who the f they are.

TE-This class is loaded, just loaded with offensive TE talent.

RB-Again, no zeke, no fournette. But some good backs. I see 3-4 above the others. BUT some also very decent mid round talent. So depending on landing spots, some of this mid rounders, im gonna be all over that I dont like as much as some top guys. THe guys i like, ive been on since the start of last year.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its that time of the year for hype. Here is my take, and im a sheer nobody. and im looking at this from and offensicve talent thing.
QB-not a good draft class at all, however mahomes class was thought to be awful as well.
WR-There is no Megatron, ODB, Julio etc. But there are some really solid wr's. CBS sports has 1 wr projected in the first. Others ive seen 3-4. I see a top 5-6 guys, with 8-9 i really like. Then the guys that will be good that you jsut dont know who the f they are.
TE-This class is loaded, just loaded with offensive TE talent.
RB-Again, no zeke, no fournette. But some good backs. I see 3-4 above the others. BUT some also very decent mid round talent. So depending on landing spots, some of this mid rounders, im gonna be all over that I dont like as much as some top guys. THe guys i like, ive been on since the start of last year.
Well, Joe I did the same thing in one dynasty league putting perhaps too much faith in the early assessments. As always, there will be someone rise based upon landing spot & perhaps, unforeseen opportunity - yet, that can come at any point in the draft. Think Steeler has the overall class pegged pretty well. ... also thinking the real 'bargain(s)' will come in the non-first round of most rookie drafts - - but there will be A LOT of luck involved in identifying just who that is. ....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Joe I did the same thing in one dynasty league putting perhaps too much faith in the early assessments. As always, there will be someone rise based upon landing spot & perhaps, unforeseen opportunity - yet, that can come at any point in the draft. Think Steeler has the overall class pegged pretty well. ... also thinking the real 'bargain(s)' will come in the non-first round of most rookie drafts - - but there will be A LOT of luck involved in identifying just who that is. ....
Thanks, lefty. Puts me a little more at ease. (Not to mention that I'm still waiting for 2018's rookies to be more fantasy relevant. And that was a better class, so "they" say.)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, lefty. Puts me a little more at ease. (Not to mention that I'm still waiting for 2018's rookies to be more fantasy relevant. And that was a better class, so "they" say.)
2018 class had some decent contributors for FF purposes IMO. If this class does as well ( which doesn’t look good) I’d be real happy.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft classes tend to look weak before underclassmen declare and there are always diamonds in the rough

WR-There is no Megatron, ODB, Julio etc.

No Calvin maybe, but OBJ and Julio were projected into the 2nd our later until the combine. Metcalf could certainly be a Julio.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see more talent in this class than last years .
last year had the qb's drafted early and barkley. ridley didnt go till pick 26, penny was a huge reach........sony michel, hurst also in round 1, but alot of the guys werent top heavy

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see more talent in this class than last years .
last year had the qb's drafted early and barkley. ridley didnt go till pick 26, penny was a huge reach........sony michel, hurst also in round 1, but alot of the guys werent top heavy

When you say you see more talent in this class, you mean for real football or FF or both? Because for FF I don’t see it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft classes tend to look weak before underclassmen declare and there are always diamonds in the rough

No Calvin maybe, but OBJ and Julio were projected into the 2nd our later until the combine. Metcalf could certainly be a Julio.
i dont ever recall julio or odb being regarded as round 2 pick