• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Rookie draft

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1C462095-0329-49E1-AB69-6BC9B2239076.jpeg Regardless of your hate it’s painfully obvious he produced. It’s also obvious his qb and coach like him.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 204786 Regardless of your hate it’s painfully obvious he produced. It’s also obvious his qb and coach like him.
Its not what he produced, its what he left on the field that he should've produced, what a real back..one like Ingram, most likely would've produced. And the coach's faith level was very apparent during free agency and the draft. I dunno how many leagues you own this dude in, but, I mean come on..the bus ride is over, no getting around it. Hang onto him for a just in case if you must, but its done, barring the injury bug

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not what he produced, its what he left on the field that he should've produced, what a real back..one like Ingram, most likely would've produced. And the coach's faith level was very apparent during free agency and the draft. I dunno how many leagues you own this dude in, but, I mean come on..the bus ride is over, no getting around it. Hang onto him for a just in case if you must, but its done, barring the injury bug
Wel what happened to all those other real backs like Dixon?? Whose about to
Be cut? Color me skeptical of your bmore backfield vision. I mean yeah Ingram likely is the guy. But beyond that. Every week I proclaimed Dixon, or another back and said Gus was done, yet there he was

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'll say on the BAL backfield is that if they run the ball 60 times a game there will be enough carries for everyone. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wel what happened to all those other real backs like Dixon?? Whose about to
Be cut? Color me skeptical of your bmore backfield vision. I mean yeah Ingram likely is the guy. But beyond that. Every week I proclaimed Dixon, or another back and said Gus was done, yet there he was
I had always been down on Dixon also..ask anyone who tried to trade him to me, but, he had more talent than Gus..I have no good answer as to why he couldn't take the job back when he came back. Maybe he wasn't fully healed, maybe he was gun shy, maybe he just sucked worse than I ever gave him credit for

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I passed on using my waiver spot on gus last yr across all league

Not regretting it

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had always been down on Dixon also..ask anyone who tried to trade him to me, but, he had more talent than Gus..I have no good answer as to why he couldn't take the job back when he came back. Maybe he wasn't fully healed, maybe he was gun shy, maybe he just sucked worse than I ever gave him credit for
Well there is an obvious answer, Gus was better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if anyone is interested I own Gus in D2 and he's available.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know damned good and well you enjoy getting me cranked up about friggin Gus
Good thing he's the only player you get cranked up about. :laugh3:

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus pretty much proved to be more dependable than either Collins or Dixon last year - injuries, fumbles, and mostly in production.
He burst onto the scene after the writing was on the wall with Collins. Pretty obvious Harbaugh never liked Collins. But the timing of that along with the QB change, made sense to keep stability week to week to ride the bus. Now with an offseason to work with and a new player in Ingram, the Ravens should have roles for each back. Ingram can't be expected to carry the mail 300 times.
I believe they will take what worked with Gus and put Ingram in the secondary role Dixon claimed at the end of last year. Then figure out what to do as teams adjust to them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus pretty much proved to be more dependable than either Collins or Dixon last year - injuries, fumbles, and mostly in production.
He burst onto the scene after the writing was on the wall with Collins. Pretty obvious Harbaugh never liked Collins. But the timing of that along with the QB change, made sense to keep stability week to week to ride the bus. Now with an offseason to work with and a new player in Ingram, the Ravens should have roles for each back. Ingram can't be expected to carry the mail 300 times.
I believe they will take what worked with Gus and put Ingram in the secondary role Dixon claimed at the end of last year. Then figure out what to do as teams adjust to them.
ohhhhh watch out, firestorm coming

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ohhhhh watch out, firestorm coming

No..that's eaglesnut level crazy that isnt worthy of being seriously addressed. Just shake yer head, say whatever dude and go about your business

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post draft Rookie rankings top 25

1 N'Keal Harry WR1 - The most talented player in this class by a good margin and for the short term he landed a great spot(I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded in 2-3 years BB doesn't dedicate a lot of cap space the WR position traditionally)

2 Miles Sanders RB1 - My favorite RB in the class with good athletic ability and great moves, but a questionable landing spot. I could see him and Howard as a 1/2 punch similar to what DeAngelo Williams and James Stewart were in Carolina.

3 David Montgomery RB2 - Great balance and vision and one of the better landing spots may have to share some snaps with Davis early on, but i'm betting his talent wins out.

4 Josh Jacobs RB3 - His limited use in college is both good and bad imo still has lots of tread on the tires, but it often make players look better than they really are. That combined with the Alabama oline making running backs look better than they really are pushed him down my rankings a little, but the Raiders are a great landing spot and he'll certainly get lots of opportunity.

5 DK Metcalf WR2 - He's already great at winning on go routes and fades(Should be an excellent deep threat) and he landed in the perfect offense to use those skills. He is also pretty good at boxing guys out on slants, but just didn't get the opportunity to do it much because his play caller was a twit.

6 Devin Singletary RB4 - Another guy with vision, balance, and a nose for the endzone reminds me of Devonta Freeman. Buffalo is a great landing spot probably a 3 headed monster this year, but going forward he and Yeldon should be a nice duo.

7 Kelvin Harmon WR3 - Good size and route running ability and a pretty good landing spot although i expect him to take a year or 2 to acclimate, but he'll be the Redskins future #1

8 Kyler Murray QB1 - Great arm, legs, and decision making and i'm really hyped about Arizona's new HC. People who think you need to tall to play QB make me laugh

9 Jace Sternberger TE1 - The best route runner and hands in the class(any position) the prototype Y and Aaron Rodgers :nod:

10 AJ Brown WR4 - He struggles with press man, but excels everywhere else and should be able to at least lock down the #2 role fairly quickly unfortunately he will probably be the #2 in the Titans offense though...

11 TJ Hockenson TE2 - I wouldn't be surprised if he had 900+ offensive snaps this year because of his blocking ability. That combined with his route running he could be one of the best traditional flanker TE we have seen in years(Or at least i hope he is :hope:)

12 Deebo Samuel WR5 - Tough as nails, good route running ability, and burst reminds me of Jarvis Landry with a little Golden Tate mixed in.

13 Andy Isabella WR6 - I like all 3 of the Arizona rookie receivers, but Isabella is the guy i think contributes from the get go. He's probably the fastest offensive player in this draft class and has a decent route tree.

14 Hakeem Butler WR7 - The Heir(future X) to Fitzgerald he probably sees some action as a Y TE and to give LF a breather, but i wouldn't expect more than 400 snaps out of him this year.

15 Marquise Brown WR8 - Lisfranc or he would be higher speed burner with good hand and opportunity.

16 Irv Smith Jr TE3 - He may be sharing snaps with Rudolph, but i think Rudolph is gone by mid season . Good hands, routes, and a solid blocker even if he is on the smaller side.

17 Mecole Hardman WR9 - Could be a good spot depending on Tyreek. I just didn't see much aside from speed on his film

18 Diontae Johnson WR10 - He's going to have to pass Washington on the depth chart, but he'll see some action and has a similar skill set to AB

19 Noah Fant TE4 - Dropped a lot of balls in college he needs a QB that has touch on his throws not Flacco(or Lock)

20 Justice Hill RB5 - Fastest RB in the class(aside from Love maybe) decent in between the tackles with okay, but limited ability as a receiver. Probably the change of pace back in Baltimore for now.

21 Bryce Love RB6 - Change of pace back with elite speed may have a shot at expanding his role in 20

22 Myles Gaskin RB7 - Small, but solid in between the tackles with only Drake and Ballage in front of him. Not saying he's better than those guys, but he certainly has a shot at winning the backfield

23 Benny Snell RB8 - One way or another James Conners days are numbered Jaylen may end up a bellcow or Benny handling early downs and Jaylen as the 3rd down guy. Conner loses significant touches the first injury he has minor or major.

24 Terry McLaurin WR11 - Possession guy that should produce early and have decent upside as a WR4/Flex

25 Darrell Henderson RB9 - Depends on how bad Gurley is, but i don't think he is anything more than a change of pace guy even if Gurley goes down.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stomp great write up. very good assessments. but ur assessment of steelers backfield is just wrong. samuels never in college or pros had a 20 carry game until one game this year. hes not a feature back. connor excelled when health n the steelers love him. they also havent done rbbc since i think 2010. its not tomlins MO. this is conners backfield

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team added 3 UDFA rookies this morning. In typical Rotoworld condescending fashion, the signings may be nothing more than camp bodies.
  • WR Scott Miller TB
  • TE Kahalee Warring HOU
  • TE Foster Moreau OAK
@Stomp
Agree with Steelers. Very thorough write up. Based on your own wording, you should put Montgomery #2 over Sanders.

Nagy apparently didn't like Howard yet gave him almost 70% of the touches. I anticipate Montgomery getting just as many touches if not more since he was hand picked by Nagy.