• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Rookie draft

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone actually think the Baltimore rookies will have value, ever.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Joe put it...not very god damned many of em. And outside of a half dozen or so, the ones that do are gonna be those "where'd this f'n guy come from?" types
Gotta say, I was listening to the videos that @Stomp posted. I appreciate that he shares these things. Really. And as I was listening I'm trying to hear their arguments (because even they disagreed on several players), but it was the same ole cliches to me. Bigger players seemed to be singled out; tremendous talent; good combine numbers... same old descriptions.

This is the one area of FF where I feel I'm flying blind.
:plane:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Joe put it...not very god damned many of em. And outside of a half dozen or so, the ones that do are gonna be those "where'd this f'n guy come from?" types
Which benefits those schmucks that doesnt start picking until the third round :dhd:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, I was listening to the videos that @Stomp posted. I appreciate that he shares these things. Really. And as I was listening I'm trying to hear their arguments (because even they disagreed on several players), but it was the same ole cliches to me. Bigger players seemed to be singled out; tremendous talent; good combine numbers... same old descriptions.

This is the one area of FF where I feel I'm flying blind.
:plane:
I wouldn't feel too bad about that Joe..dudes that making six and seven figure salaries evaluating this college kids get it wrong at least as often as they get it right, I'd I'd be willing to bet a fair percentage of the calls tallied in the "we got it right" column, were nothing more than a stab in the dark...just like us, and those dudes in the videos.

Personally, o just use my eye test, and cross reference it with any of the major "red flags" that come up through the process, then hope for the best

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone actually think the Baltimore rookies will have value, ever.
If you're talking WR, then marginal at best is my feeling. The RB may be different, other than Ingram, there's not much there to beat out. .... and the formula is; run, run, run, run, run, pass, etc. ...

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're talking WR, then marginal at best is my feeling. The RB may be different, other than Ingram, there's not much there to beat out. .... and the formula is; run, run, run, run, run, pass, etc. ...
Is everyone counting out Gus? There was a time Ingram didn't look so hot in N.O. Honestly, they will all get work (whomever doesn’t get cut), but I think Gus is the underrated player in this situation.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is everyone counting out Gus? There was a time Ingram didn't look so hot in N.O. Honestly, they will all get work (whomever doesn’t get cut), but I think Gus is the underrated player in this situation.
Gusstill has his bus

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hand writing on the wall signed one of the better RBs in FA then drafted a RB. Gus wasn't anything special IMO and apparently the Ravens agree.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not counting out Gus the Bus, but dang, he's gotta drive that thing uphill.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hand writing on the wall signed one of the better RBs in FA then drafted a RB. Gus wasn't anything special IMO and apparently the Ravens agree.
He fit the system and Jackson likes him , his ypc says he has a decent role

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus blows goats. It'll take injuries for him to be relevant..just like any other practice squad level talent out there

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U said that last year and he survived
And just like last year, had Collins, and Dixon and Sproles, not gotten injured to start with, Gus would still be a nobody.

How the EFF Dixon didn't come back and take that job is a mystery to me..guess he doesn't have the stones

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like last year, had Collins, and Dixon and Sproles, not gotten injured to start with, Gus would still be a nobody.

How the EFF Dixon didn't come back and take that job is a mystery to me..guess he doesn't have the stones
Duh, obviously not Sproles..wrong team...doesn't change the point

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hypotheticals, Dixon is on the verge of being cut, not his.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypotheticals, Dixon is on the verge of being cut, not his.
Great, so instead of fringe talent Collins and fringe talent Dixon in front of him, he's got proven all pro Ingram, and a somewhat highly touted, albeit utterly unproven draft pick in front him...seems like more of a mountain to climb then before, Dixon or no Dixon..I dunno..watch him play instead of checking his ypc..its painfully obvious to see, I don't understand why this conversation keeps coming up. The Ravens obviously saw it

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, so instead of fringe talent Collins and fringe talent Dixon in front of him, he's got proven all pro Ingram, and a somewhat highly touted, albeit utterly unproven draft pick in front him...seems like more of a mountain to climb then before, Dixon or no Dixon..I dunno..watch him play instead of checking his ypc..its painfully obvious to see, I don't understand why this conversation keeps coming up. The Ravens obviously saw it
Well I did watch him I saw him gain a good chunk of yards when he touched the ball, regardless of how ugly it looked.