• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Recruiting

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big recruiting weekend for the Huskies. Hopefully we hammer BYU and put on a big show for them.

Not only do we land the Julius Buelow commit, but visiting this week for the game is:

4-star LB Henry To'oto'o (played with Husky Tuli Letuligasenoa and he'll be one of his hosts for the visit)
3-star DE Bralen Trice (considered a ND lean, but Huskies trying to change that. Raw prospect, but tons of upside to play DE or Buck)
3-star OT Troy Fautanu (committed to Huskies)

There is also chatter that a very high profile recruit that won't be mentioned yet is visiting this weekend. Not sure it they were speculating about Buelow, who did visit this weekend and commit today. He should be spotted on the sidelines tonight for confirmation.

Local LB Sav'ell Smalls (Seattle, WA) will be at the game visiting. One of the best 2020s in the nation.
Also visiting will a trio from Newport Beach for the 2020 class: John Humphreys, Mark Redman, and Ethan Garbers.

Hope I got all that right. Go Dawgs!!!!
Washington needs to make a statement in this game. A big win over BYU could sway these kids towards UW.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully a great show tonight seals the deal on them. :suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline is going to be a wall for years to come. Blocks out the sun kind of wall.

Take a look at Buelow, Fautanu, and Kalepo at UW this weekend.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not for '19 it's for '20, but there isn't a thread for that yet that I found

One of the unofficial visits at the colorado game was given an offer today.
High 4* that might be one of the top DB's in the country for the 2020 class.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is one position I will never ever question this coaching staff on selecting certain players , it's the LB's. They seriously have an eye for these guys....
Yeah, who ever saw Burr-Kirven turning into a national power? He was a 3* coming out of high school, and a mid level 3 at that.

Who else were 3*'s from the incoming class of '15 with him?
Gaskin
Chico
Bartlett
Jordan Miller

I'd say this staff up and down can evaluate middle of the road projected talent and develop them into something above their projections.

BTW, other 3*'s on the team right now
Taylor Rapp (lolz, I mean really?)
Jaxson Kirkland
Haener (and his mom that AG drools over, although she might have been a high 4* mom)

There are others that I'm sure we aren't talking about right now that will be heavy contributors before their UW career is over.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, who ever saw Burr-Kirven turning into a national power? He was a 3* coming out of high school, and a mid level 3 at that.

Gaskin
Chico
Bartlett
Jordan Miller

I'd say this staff up and down can evaluate middle of the road projected talent and develop them into something above their projections.

Jaxson Kirkland
Haener (and his mom that AG drools over, although she might have been a high 4* mom)

There are others that I'm sure we aren't talking about right now that will be heavy contributors before their UW career is over.

Yeah they really find the diamonds in the rough and make them into some very good players....
But that LB spot Im really impressed with the most.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they really find the diamonds in the rough and make them into some very good players....
But that LB spot Im really impressed with the most.
Hard to argue with the secondary as well. Jordan Miller and Taylor Rapp were 3*'s. BBK might be the top rated defensive player on the team, but those two are huge on the back end.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gaskin
Chico
Bartlett
Jordan Miller

Jaxson Kirkland

The fact that this team has done really well evaluating 3* guys brings me a lot of comfort whenever we sign guys like Noa Ngalu (#670 overall), Miki Ah You (#NR) and Alphonzo Tuputala (#NR). For example those are three guys you wouldn't even would expect would be on UW's radar. If we hadn't done such a tremendous job developing "middle of the road" talent, I would be a bit concerned with us "shooting low" with all due respect to those young men.

That's what gets me so excited when you see us bringing in guys like Jacob Bandes, imagine what the staff can do for a guy like him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on some Facebook group this morning:

Two USC 4 star prospects (2020 WR Kris Hutson and 2019 CB Chris Steele) have decommitted.

Don't know what kind of room we have for him, but Chris Steele is the #6 ranked CB nationally and UW has extended an offer to him (along with about 30 other teams). Could be an opportunity for the Huskies.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue with the secondary as well. Jordan Miller and Taylor Rapp were 3*'s. BBK might be the top rated defensive player on the team, but those two are huge on the back end.

Or Murphy! I love that kid, I think he's just starting to feel the position and his range, his ceiling is incredible for the development in his growth

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on some Facebook group this morning:

Two USC 4 star prospects (2020 WR Kris Hutson and 2019 CB Chris Steele) have decommitted.

Don't know what kind of room we have for him, but Chris Steele is the #6 ranked CB nationally and UW has extended an offer to him (along with about 30 other teams). Could be an opportunity for the Huskies.
Could be, and I'm sure the interest would be there, but lots of talk that Florida is in the drivers seat for him now.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He chose Nebraska.

Darien Chase, Union, Athlete

giphy.gif