• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 opponents are set (no dates yet)

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now,looks brutal...………..Teams will be changing over the course of the offseason,so who knows.

Lions and Raiders look to be for sure wins next season,but the rest seem pretty tough to me to beat...….

Giants-Den should be improved,Rams-SD-KC-Dal will still be decent.

NO is the team that might be changed a lot...….If the Saints win it all,Brees may decide to hang`em up while on top,if he does,I can see Sean Payton moving on and NO starting over...…….

GB and Minn will still be tough outs...……….

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now,looks brutal...………..Teams will be changing over the course of the offseason,so who knows.

Lions and Raiders look to be for sure wins next season,but the rest seem pretty tough to me to beat...….

Giants-Den should be improved,Rams-SD-KC-Dal will still be decent.

NO is the team that might be changed a lot...….If the Saints win it all,Brees may decide to hang`em up while on top,if he does,I can see Sean Payton moving on and NO starting over...…….

GB and Minn will still be tough outs...……….

Giants and Denver could be in a total overhaul. I don't know. Only concern with Denver is that playing in Mile High is never easy.

Chargers are an enigma from year-to-year.

Philly hinges on Wentz

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, brutal. 10-6 is best case scenario but we could easily go 8-8.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s too early for looking at next years schedule. A lot changes in a year. We got the playoffs to look forward to!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, brutal. 10-6 is best case scenario but we could easily go 8-8.
Or maybe do even better. We look at the schedule and see all those tough opponents, but guess what. The fans of those same opponents are seeing the Bears on their schedule and saying the same thing about our team.

I know one prediction I'm already making about next season, and that is the Bears will have as many or more nationally televised games in the league than any other team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe do even better. We look at the schedule and see all those tough opponents, but guess what. The fans of those same opponents are seeing the Bears on their schedule and saying the same thing about our team.

I know one prediction I'm already making about next season, and that is the Bears will have as many or more nationally televised games in the league than any other team.

Yeah, when we're good - we always get slammed with primetime games. I'll bet we have 5.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want to play this Bear team. Give Nagy one more year to message Trubisky on the intricacies of his offense... And then of course there is the top rated Defense.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want to play this Bear team. Give Nagy one more year to message Trubisky on the intricacies of his offense... And then of course there is the top rated Defense.

Best defense in the NFL or at the very least the NFC. Generally speaking, a team with a top end defense does well in the postseason. And our offense, while far from being top notch, is steadily improving and starting to demonstrate a nice efficiency in its efforts.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best defense in the NFL or at the very least the NFC. Generally speaking, a team with a top end defense does well in the postseason. And our offense, while far from being top notch, is steadily improving and starting to demonstrate a nice efficiency in its efforts.

Having the league's top D (not disputable, IMO) and a top half offense in football is a recipe to make a deep run.

More encouraging to me was how good we looked in a road game and in a hostile environment. I am far less concerned about going on the road now if we make it to LA. I don't know if we win, but I no longer have fears that we play a bad game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the league's top D (not disputable, IMO) and a top half offense in football is a recipe to make a deep run.

More encouraging to me was how good we looked in a road game and in a hostile environment. I am far less concerned about going on the road now if we make it to LA. I don't know if we win, but I no longer have fears that we play a bad game.
I was throwing out a little respect for the Ravens D. Theirs is the only one that comes close to matching the Bears ferocity. I'm in complete agreement with you on the lack of fear over playing a bad game. Our defense is too good and our offense, while still not quite striking fear in the hearts of our opponents, has of late been showing signs as a model of efficiency.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In once more reviewing our opponents list for '19, I see that:
6 of the 16 are in this year's playoffs - 4 of those 6 however will be home games for us.
5 of them won at least 10 games this year.
4 of them won at least 12 games this year.
0 of these playoff/high win teams are in the Norris. :heh:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The two legitimate gripes I've heard for a potential drop-off in us for 2019?

#1 - The possible departure of Vic Fangio

#2 - It's very rare to stay as healthy as we have and that isn't bound to repeat.

Trubisky missed two
Mack missed two
Robinson missed three
Long missed half of a season
Jackson missed two
Callahan is our lone guy we lost for the year and it didn't happen until December - plus he's not a "starter" technically
Lynch missed two and is a reserve

That's really, very good and doesn't happen. We were due for a good year of health, but it is unlikely to repeat.

That being said, I think we have good depth and can overcome injuries. I think Trubisky will continue to develop. I think our D is good enough to overcome a loss of Fangio. I think we should win the North again.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the Saints, Chiefs, Rams, Chargers, and Eagles. That’s a tough schedule. A lot of the tougher games are at home though. I see a lot of prime time match ups.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say bring it.
Can't be the best if you don't beat the best.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're looking at most likely a -1 game swing vs the division since we get Saints and Rams while the rest get...well...not the Saints and Rams.

The real pain will be getting a bye. We're at a distinct disadvantage to the other NFC division winners as we'll be playing the Chargers and Chiefs out of the west next year. Probably a -2 or -3 vs the rest of the NFC type deal. That's a pretty big swing.

I'd love to think we dominate...and I do think overall we will be a better team. But, we're not the only good team so it is what it is. Guess we'll find out.