• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Playoffs thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying she is a liar, but I don’t see anything to say her story is or seems credible. All I see is her making a claim.

I also have suspicions of females who don’t make a criminal complaint but go straight for the lawsuit.

Why anyone would speculate on whether or not she is "credible" is beyond me.

We have no idea what really happened.

People need to stop guessing about what they think based off very limited information.

This type of speculation is the reason why the vast majority of sexual assaults still go unreported in America today. While I don't think you or anyone is necessarily doing it on purpose, people tend to doubt the victim's report anytime someone famous who they like is involved.

If someone close to you were sexually assaulted by a celebrity, what would you advise them to do? There is no right answer because every pathway either leads to unwanted scrutiny of the victim, or lack of accountability for the perpetrator. That should not be the case.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, the Suns saw that Luke Walton story and fired their coach just to be safe.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People need to stop guessing about what they think based off very limited information.

This type of speculation is the reason why the vast majority of sexual assaults still go unreported in America today. While I don't think you or anyone is necessarily doing it on purpose, people tend to doubt the victim's report anytime someone famous who they like is involved.

If someone close to you were sexually assaulted by a celebrity, what would you advise them to do? There is no right answer because every pathway either leads to unwanted scrutiny of the victim, or lack of accountability for the perpetrator. That should not be the case.
Agree, but your angst should probably be more towards those who do make up these stories.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games tonight and I'm looking forward to all of them

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing a coach after 1 season when you have a young team in rebuild mode is so silly

That's true, but was he any good? I didn't watch hardly any Suns basketball, but there's no need to prolong his stay if he's not a good fit, or wasn't getting along the front office, or maybe the players, or....?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but was he any good? I didn't watch hardly any Suns basketball, but there's no need to prolong his stay if he's not a good fit, or wasn't getting along the front office, or maybe the players, or....?

All the reports is that he was very good.

Hard to see how good a coach is with that shitty team.

Suns look like a terrible organization

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imo, the problem is speculation both ways.

There are those who automatically side with the accuser and assume guilt simply because an accusation was made.

However, there are also those who side with the accused simply because there have been accusations made that turned out to be false or, as you mention, simply because they like or are a fan of the accused.

Based on the timeline, which appears to be sometime between 2014 and 2016, I would think that the statute of limitations hasn't run out. So I do think it is fair to question why there doesn't appear to be a police report.

End of the day though, it would be nice if folks would wait for all of the information to come out before drawing conclusions about either side...but we know that ain't happening.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Phoenix Suns,

Thank you!!

Sincerely,

The Los Angeles Lakers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the reports is that he was very good.

Hard to see how good a coach is with that shitty team.

Suns look like a terrible organization

Sure, it's just tough to know what the internal relationships were like. Maybe he even wanted to go elsewhere and they let him go? Just spit-balling......

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, it's just tough to know what the internal relationships were like. Maybe he even wanted to go elsewhere and they let him go? Just spit-balling......
You make fair comments. who knows what happened that we never heard about. agree not really fair after one year, but like you said...if you know he's not the guy, why wait?