• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Playoffs thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are Defintely more talented. That isn't in doubt.

Also, I want to point out, last summer when everyone wanted to crown the Celtics, I was one of maybe 2 posters who said I didn't think they would be that much better because of Kyrie's fit (or lack thereof).

So I don't know what the endgame is. I have said every step of the way that the Celtics do not have a championship core because they have a lot of good players, but no great ones. I said it when the year traded for Kyrie and I doubled down on it last summer when everyone thought they would rule the East for years to come.

The Celtics are the team everyone should be talking about right now. They need to make some major moves this off season or they risk missing their window before it ever truly opens.

What moves can they make? Irving will walk. That pretty much eliminates AD unless Ainge wants to go all-in on a losing bet. Horford will likely opt in, but he's a 3rd/4th option at this point. Can they trade Hayward, or hope he continues to improve? Can they convince disgruntled Rozier to sign long-term? They could very well get passed by a few teams in the standings this year and may need to go with a youth movement with their draft picks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how they could trade Hayward right now. His trade value is about as low as it can get.

I don't see Ainge being willing to do that.
I think these are good ideas, but trading Hayward might be easier said than done.

I never said it was going to be easy. That contract is one of the worst in the league right now but there are teams willing to take on bad contracts attached with draft picks, it's just that is a lot of money. Just an idea, but realistically this is going to have to be a mastermind deal to pull off.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What moves can they make? Irving will walk. That pretty much eliminates AD unless Ainge wants to go all-in on a losing bet. Horford will likely opt in, but he's a 3rd/4th option at this point. Can they trade Hayward, or hope he continues to improve? Can they convince disgruntled Rozier to sign long-term? They could very well get passed by a few teams in the standings this year and may need to go with a youth movement with their draft picks.

Well,

I told everyone who would listen they needed to go get Kawhi last off season.

In hindsight that is Defintely what they should have done. Too many cooks in the kitchen and they just don't have that guy. Kawhi, Kyrie and Horford might have put the Celtics where the Raptors are now. Since the Kawhi price wouldn't have been much lower than AD's, they still might have the pieces to assemble a decent package for him.

But yeah, I tend to agree. Not a whole lot they can do if Kyrie walks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for the Bucks fan to understand salaries and how it works...

With no trades and even without renouncing Brodgon the Bucks can get close (about $28M) to a max salary but they would be losing pretty much all their depth and two starters in the process

2019 NBA Offseason Salary Cap Digest: Milwaukee Bucks

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for the Bucks fan to understand salaries and how it works...

With no trades and even without renouncing Brodgon the Bucks can get close (about $28M) to a max salary but they would be losing pretty much all their depth and two starters in the process

2019 NBA Offseason Salary Cap Digest: Milwaukee Bucks

The interesting thing here is that if the Bucks did in fact try to get a big fish, they would have to find a trade for Snell and renounce everybody else.

Their best case is probably to keep the whole band together and run it back. And if they do that, they will probably be nearing the tax line and will go well over it once they have to re-up Giannis and some of their young guys.

If Milwaukee isn't going to be a tax payer, they probably have a 2-3 year window beyond this one to actually contend. Contrary to @buckalis' delusions, big name players in prime earning years aren't going to take less $ to play in Milwaukee.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will, because if they get CP3 and Capella's bird rights that come with his contract, they'll be able to sign Middleton under an MLE.

Besides, if Middleton will decide to leave MIL, the Bucks have no reason what so ever not to "help" Middleton and the Magic because they are also targeting Voucevic (who in return wants to play with his co-national and kid friend Mirotic), it therefore may be that both teams "help" their FAs to the destination they prefer.

@msgkings322, @Heatles84, @trojanfan12

Buck is right. You guys are lying.

He did not say the Bucks would sign Middleton to an MLE.

He said the MAGIC would sign Middleton to an MLE.

Nevermind that is even more delusional than the Bucks signing him at a far below market contract.

You guys are terrible people!

LOL

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nevermind that is even more delusional than the Bucks signing him at a far below market contract.

LOL

I don't think that was ever really up for debate.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

So then, the problem is that we didn't give full credit for how delusional he is? :noidea:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Nothing approaching a detail, just "could reportedly look into". Reporter is really standing by his info, lol.
I love those reports. "Could reportedly look into" could be almost anything.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love those reports. "Could reportedly look into" could be almost anything.

I could reportedly look into doing yard work after dinner tonight. Anyone want to put odds on that, lol?