• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Playoffs thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemba had a great year, but I was curious to see what he did against the Warriors this year. Klay guarded him in both games if I recall so I wanted to see if there might have been something more to that eye roll.

Game 1:
23 pts, 9-24 shooting, 6 ast, 3 reb, 5 TO's. Warriors win 121 - 110.

Game 2:
9 pts, 4-14 shooting, 3 ast, 1 reb, 1 TO. Warriors win 137 - 90.

Again, not saying Kemba didn't deserve it, he was fantastic this year. And again he SHOULD have made it ahead of Klay. But if I'm Klay, I remember these games in my head in the individual matchups when I'm assessing who I'm better than.
yah not a good way to look at things. Kemba has so much more responsibility than Klay. Klay basically sucekd ass for the what? first 6 weeks of the season or something? and it just didnt even matter since he has 2 of the top 5 players in the game on his team.

Kemba has to show up with the weight of the franchise on his shoulders every single night and perform. Klay can basically picka nd choose his spots and benefits from spacing that Kemba could not even imagine. Klay can pick and choose his spots. Kemba has the weight of the franchsie on his shoulders

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean tbh he's not far off that third all-nba team, but him not making it cost him about 32M. That's a whole extra season's worth of value for a top tier guy.

I'm not sure if he's upset at the money or the recognition, but he has a right to be upset at the very least in context of money.
I don't blame him for being upset. That's a lot of cashish, but the guys who made it ahead of him are worthy of their selections...as are others besides him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Klay knows like intelligent fans that he is a better player than Kemba. But the All NBA team is pure stats, mostly offense, and has little to do with how great players mold their games to fit what their teams need.

But it's a lot of money and any other NBA player in his shoes would be miffed too
I could see being upset losing out on all that cash since he was close to making it, but miffed a guy who was clearly his team's best player and needed to show up for his team to win a game getting in over him?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame him for being upset. That's a lot of cashish, but the guys who made it ahead of him are worthy of their selections...as are others besides him.

What it comes down to is that these votes are a stupid thing to base payroll maximums on. This is a regular season award. Kemba can't get his team to be a consistent winner, while Klay is excelling in postseason wins. Kemba deserves the regular season award, but Klay has earned extra compensation for his playoff exploits.

Klay's eye-roll is like the playoff version of AI's "Practice? We're talking about practice?"

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with Klay is the eye roll when he heard Kemba made it.

Was he under a rock from October-April?

Kemba was amazing this season and it would have been a robbery if he didn't make it

Sure, without Kemba, there's no way the Hornets would've made the playoffs! Oh, wait...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it comes down to is that these votes are a stupid thing to base payroll maximums on. This is a regular season award. Kemba can't get his team to be a consistent winner, while Klay is excelling in postseason wins. Kemba deserves the regular season award, but Klay has earned extra compensation for his playoff exploits.

Klay's eye-roll is like the playoff version of AI's "Practice? We're talking about practice?"
Klay - who is there to hit shots - made 38% total, and 34% of his 3s. Also had the lowest offensive rating on his team among all those who played more than 6 minutes in the series. 6th in defensive rating.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, without Kemba, there's no way the Hornets would've made the playoffs! Oh, wait...

Warriors don't make the playoffs without Klay?

Once again this is an individual award.

If they are so worried about team accomplishments for something that is clearly an individual award then the only players who should be eligible are those who led their teams to 50+ wins and a top 3 seed.

Bringing up team accomplishments in this is dumb.

How about we leave Klay on the Warriors and remove Steph, KD, Cousins, and Dray.

Let's see if Klay can lead them to the playoffs.

Kemba is not lucky enough to play with 4 other All Stars (3 likely HOF's included in that bunch)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay - who is there to hit shots - made 38% total, and 34% of his 3s. Also had the lowest offensive rating on his team among all those who played more than 6 minutes in the series. 6th in defensive rating.

...or, you could watch the games and see how important he is, vs looking at stats. The NBA has to yet to come up with a valid defensive stat. Rating doesn't encapsulate who you are defending (best scorer or a defensive minded player that never shoots).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and with Klay and no Kemba it's likely they aren't even contending for a spot.

Unproveable conjecture.

If the Hornets extend Kemba, they better get used to being in the lottery (or first round playoff exits at best) for the foreseeable future.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or, you could watch the games and see how important he is, vs looking at stats. T

Says everyone when stats don't make a player stand out how they'd like. We are not talking basic stats only here. Also advanced stats.

BTW, when I watch he also is only hitting 38% of his shots and 34% from 3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unproveable conjecture.

If the Hornets extend Kemba, they better get used to being in the lottery (or first round playoff exits at best) for the foreseeable future.

And it would have very little to do with Kemba. Once again, not every team can have 4-5 All Stars and 3 HOF's in their prime on the same team

Who has been Kemba's best teammate in his career? Bum ass Dwight Howard or Nick Batum

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unproveable conjecture.

Of course, like it's also unprovable I'm wrong.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors don't make the playoffs without Klay?

Once again this is an individual award.

If they are so worried about team accomplishments for something that is clearly an individual award then the only players who should be eligible are those who led their teams to 50+ wins and a top 3 seed.

Bringing up team accomplishments in this is dumb.

How about we leave Klay on the Warriors and remove Steph, KD, Cousins, and Dray.

Let's see if Klay can lead them to the playoffs.

Kemba is not lucky enough to play with 4 other All Stars (3 likely HOF's included in that bunch)

If you're not in the playoffs, you have no grounds to complain about missing an ALL-NBA team is my point. Kemba would not be "robbed", he would be beaten out by a worthy player. He and Lebron are the only ones to make an ALL-NBA team this year and miss the playoffs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it would have very little to do with Kemba. Once again, not every team can have 4-5 All Stars and 3 HOF's in their prime on the same team

Who has been Kemba's best teammate in his career? Bum ass Dwight Howard or Nick Batum

So, let's invest $40M+ annually in a player that can't elevate the play of the team. Sounds like a Michael Jordan type move.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, like it's also unprovable I'm wrong.

Of course, we have no way of knowing until a player is put into that position. Klay hasn't the opportunity to lead his own team; that doesn't mean he can't do so. I DO know Kemba can't be a defensive stopper however.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're not in the playoffs, you have no grounds to complain about missing an ALL-NBA team is my point. Kemba would not be "robbed", he would be beaten out by a worthy player. He and Lebron are the only ones to make an ALL-NBA team this year and miss the playoffs.

Bradley Beal (who also didn't make the playoffs) finished ahead of Klay in the voting as well.

Bringing up team accomplishments in this is very dumb.

Maybe eventually you'll understand this is an individual accomplishment.

Team record means absolutely nothing.