• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Minnesota Twins

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's draft day

Should I pretend to know about prospects now or later?

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read a couple of articles that state the Twins are interested in both Kimbrel and Keuchel. That would be sweet...but almost a 'too good to be true' scenario. But I dare them to do it anyway.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read a couple of articles that state the Twins are interested in both Kimbrel and Keuchel. That would be sweet...but almost a 'too good to be true' scenario. But I dare them to do it anyway.
It will probably take both of them until the All-Star break to be game ready.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real here... Now that draft picks won't be lost the Twins will have to win a bidding war for Kimbrel and Keuchel. That is not going to happen, only chance they had at either player was to sign them a month or more ago.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Win TWINS!!!

You still the only person in America who thinks we shouldn’t get bullpen help??

I don't know where you got the notion I said or thought that. All I ever said, was that I wasn't in a rush.... no need to upset the proverbial apple cart (buyer beware). Let's see what we've got, first....

Not only would the Twins have lost a draft pick(s), in going after Kimbrel and/or Keuchel, there was also the potential to lose international slot money.

That said, there's always a risk in adding players such as those 2. In spite of the few "blowups," the staff is 3rd in both ERA, and FIP (as well as being top 10 in several others.... YET 1st in "hard hit balls". I mean, I'm not a stathead guy like @Nosferatu, but you've been bitching for weeks, all the while, they've had 3 trips through the rotation, going 15-3.

On top of that, they've had their "come from behind late win," their "holy shit, hang on," mixed with a couple of gems.

In addition to that... these plucky hitters (lol), have scored with 2 outs in key situations, a few times. Have you noticed?

Now granted, it's not the brand of baseball that you're used to.... games managed by the statheads (chances of a complete game by a Twins starter are slim)... but they've lost 2 in a row... hold on a second... a whopping 3 times all season. They've yet to lose a 3rd.

Seriously, dude. Just enjoy it. This is just the Twins catching up to the rest of the league. Cards will fall where they may. :suds:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where you got the notion I said or thought that. All I ever said, was that I wasn't in a rush.... no need to upset the proverbial apple cart (buyer beware). Let's see what we've got, first....

Not only would the Twins have lost a draft pick(s), in going after Kimbrel and/or Keuchel, there was also the potential to lose international slot money.

That said, there's always a risk in adding players such as those 2. In spite of the few "blowups," the staff is 3rd in both ERA, and FIP (as well as being top 10 in several others.... YET 1st in "hard hit balls". I mean, I'm not a stathead guy like @Nosferatu, but you've been bitching for weeks, all the while, they've had 3 trips through the rotation, going 15-3.

On top of that, they've had their "come from behind late win," their "holy shit, hang on," mixed with a couple of gems.

In addition to that... these plucky hitters (lol), have scored with 2 outs in key situations, a few times. Have you noticed?

Now granted, it's not the brand of baseball that you're used to.... games managed by the statheads (chances of a complete game by a Twins starter are slim)... but they've lost 2 in a row... hold on a second... a whopping 3 times all season. They've yet to lose a 3rd.

Seriously, dude. Just enjoy it. This is just the Twins catching up to the rest of the league. Cards will fall where they may. :suds:

Bullpen is actually 20th in ERA. And that’s with a 30 year old unproven rookie. Parker having K/BB rates that point to regression(already is). Duffey, Morin and Magill with no proven track record(Magill already falling off).

What’s the risk in making your team better? You think the Red Sox were worried about that last year? The Dodgers? The Red Sox had a better record then we will end up with. They are not champions without Nathan Evoaldi.

There is a reason that every single website or channel or article or person says the Twins need to add to their pitching. Because they clear as day do. It’s not an opinion.

And what come from behind late win have they had?? Lol. Tying Tampa down 2 in the 6th???

Lol.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we were catching up to the rest of the league, we would add on like the rest of the league does......every single year. No contender sticks with Matt fucking Magill and Michael goddamn Pineda. They don’t.

Btw...the 39th overall pick isn’t better than Dallas Keuchel.

So now we can enjoy facing Keuchel on the Yanks

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see either Alek Manoah or Jackson Rutledge selected at 13 tomorrow!

Well Manoah went 11 to Toronto and Rutledge went 17 to Washington.

Twins picked Keoni Cavaco a high school 3rd base prospect from Cali. Most of the predictions I read had him going somewhere in the 30's, we take him at 13.

Not a bad pick as he is thought to have plus power potential with a decent glove, it's really difficult to get an idea of what he will do because he had one good season of high school ball so he could develop with some time into a really good player or shit the bed and be selling cars in 3 years. Which I guess is true of just about every prospect.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins are a run away (+109) from tying the 2010 Twins run differential (+110). It's June 3rd.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Manoah went 11 to Toronto and Rutledge went 17 to Washington.

Twins picked Keoni Cavaco a high school 3rd base prospect from Cali. Most of the predictions I read had him going somewhere in the 30's, we take him at 13.

Not a bad pick as he is thought to have plus power potential with a decent glove, it's really difficult to get an idea of what he will do because he had one good season of high school ball so he could develop with some time into a really good player or shit the bed and be selling cars in 3 years. Which I guess is true of just about every prospect.

Sounds like twins like his upside and he was moving up draft boards

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were catching up to the rest of the league, we would add on like the rest of the league does......every single year. No contender sticks with Matt fucking Magill and Michael goddamn Pineda. They don’t.

Btw...the 39th overall pick isn’t better than Dallas Keuchel.

So now we can enjoy facing Keuchel on the Yanks

Thats my big fear. The Yanks or Houston snag these guys up and we get whacked by them come post season. Could have been us.....but no. Not a Jinx. The Twins always jinx themselves. I have zip to do with it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz is officially back today. We got Cruz and Garver in the lineup. So tonight is basically our A team. Cron is on the bench and if this were a playoff series he's probably in the lineup for Gonzalez or Sano. But still.

Cron/Castro/Adrianza/Astudillo makes for quite the bench.

If we stay healthy now for a while it will be interesting to see how this lineup does.

One thing to watch is say Cron goes in for Gonzalez. Thats a lineup now where 5-9 all bat right handed. Our only lefties/switch hitters would be Kepler, Polanco and Rosario at the top.

On the flip side, weve actually fared much better vs Righties so far this year. Especially record wise(weve faced way more). 34-12 vs righties and 6-6 vs lefties.

The key's could be
1. Can we keep mashing righties
2. Can all of our right handed hitter start doing damage vs lefties?

If we stay good vs righties and improve vs Lefties this could be scary.

I already like our odds of improving vs lefties because Cruz and Garver were out when we finally started facing a few lefties in bulk. So added those bats will be big. Especially Garver since he is currently mashing left handers in a small sample.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why the only times we try to steal are the absolute dumbest times. Let Rosario slug with a man on and a 1-0 count.

Bieber curve is gonna be a bitch for us. We gotta get his pitch count up. Running into outs ain’t gonna cut it

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, woulda been a big hit if Buxton coulda delivered there. Popped it up.

If we can lay off that curve like the last few guys in the 2nd inning did, we should be fine vs Bieber.

He’s spiking that curve like crazy. First 5 guys kept biting. Last 4 didn’t.