• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...says the mother with a rifle worried about crack addicts. I live alone within city limits in a blue collar (at best) neighborhood (most homes are in the starter-home price range) and have never owned a gun. One drunk showing up at my back door late at night has been the only issue (other than people taking stuff from unlocked cars) in our neighborhood. Simple fix - I now lock the gate to my backyard.

When are you going to need that rifle that you can actually get to it in time if something does happen?
Come knock on my door and see how fast I can get it...lol

My life experiences are much different than yours. I was a Master at Arms in the Navy, a corrections officer in California and I'm married to a retired Cop.

Guns have always been a part of my life.

Again: You live in a imaginary world.

There are drug addicts, coke, heroin, meth etc in every zip code.

With shit on lockdown and movements restricted, gonna make it a bit harder for People to earn a paycheck to eat, let alone support those vices.

I can sleep a bit better at night knowing they might break in, but they'll be leaving in a bag.

Guns, Condoms, sanitary napkins....

Better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have one.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The new cases numbers don't worry me much as testing ramps up. I'm watching the death numbers very closely.
Yep.

Until last week, you would not get tested unless you showed multiple symptoms.

Cough sore throat only?

Self quarantine.

Low grade fever?

Nope. Self quarantine.

Underlying medical condition with a fever was the minimum standard.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it worth wasting the tests to test corpses? It sounds cold, but does it really matter?

Watched some of the Holy Grail last night, had to shudder a bit at the "bring out your dead" scene...
Concede.

Would be extremely wasteful.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come knock on my door and see how fast I can get it...lol

My life experiences are much different than yours. I was a Master at Arms in the Navy, a corrections officer in California and I'm married to a retired Cop.

Guns have always been a part of my life.

Again: You live in a imaginary world.

There are drug addicts, coke, heroin, meth etc in every zip code.

With shit on lockdown and movements restricted, gonna make it a bit harder for People to earn a paycheck to eat, let alone support those vices.

I can sleep a bit better at night knowing they might break in, but they'll be leaving in a bag.

Guns, Condoms, sanitary napkins....

Better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have one.

Do people really think that burglary and/or home invasions don't happen? Please tell me we're not having this conversation.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida waiting so long to shut the state down is going to look very bad very soon
Arizona too.

The stay at home order here is toothless.

Outside of Golfing, Hair Salons....

The fact that Uber and Lyft are still operational in MINDBOGGLING.

Kinda hard to stay 6 feet apart in a compact car and they are picking up one person after another.

Who knows if they sanitize after each ride.A

Now that unemployment benefits have been extended to include taxi, self employed, hospitality, people who are staying home because they have school aged children, fast food employees etc, these people need to stay at home!

Unless they worked at Chipotle or In and out, I doubt they were taking home 1k per week after taxes and that's what they'd get if they stayed him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people really think that burglary and/or home invasions don't happen? Please tell me we're not having this conversation.

We are...lol

In the spirit of full disclosure, I think he was specifically referring to the fact that I own a assault riffle.

I am very aware that I am jaded.

When you are surrounded by the most vile individuals imaginable for over a decade, that tends to happen.

I'm very much a plan for the worst, hope for the best type of gal.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not that they don't happen, but if you live in a 'good' neighborhood aren't they extremely rare? I'm 50 years old, have lived in the suburbs all my childhood, then in San Francisco in various neighborhoods, ranging from kinda gritty (Haight Ashbury) to pretty nice (Telegraph Hill). I've never once had anything ever happen where someone tried to get into my home, whether I was home or away. I know anecdotal, but I don't know anyone who's had a home invasion or burglary either.

Maybe that's just middle/upper-middle class white guy news, but I just don't see most of the country having that problem.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are...lol

In the spirit of full disclosure, I think he was specifically referring to the fact that I own a assault riffle.

When you are surrounded by the most vile individuals imaginable for over a decade, that tends to happen.

I know who I want on my side when the zombie apocalypse comes.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that they don't happen, but if you live in a 'good' neighborhood aren't they extremely rare? I'm 50 years old, have lived in the suburbs all my childhood, then in San Francisco in various neighborhoods, ranging from kinda gritty (Haight Ashbury) to pretty nice (Telegraph Hill). I've never once had anything ever happen where someone tried to get into my home, whether I was home or away. I know anecdotal, but I don't know anyone who's had a home invasion or burglary either.

Maybe that's just middle/upper-middle class white guy news, but I just don't see most of the country having that problem.

used to know some folks in the Filmore district...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My house got robbed at least once a year when I lived in Homestead, FL. One of the times, we literally drove up as the robbers left our house. It doesn't happen everyday, but wouldn't you rather be over prepared? And no, the rest of the country is not like the way you grew up. In Dallas and San Antonio, if you're in a nice area, within a quarter mile, you have a sketchy area right down the street.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are...lol

You could have an M240 and I wouldn't hold it against you. Whatever keeps you and the fam safe.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My house got robbed at least once a year when I lived in Homestead, FL. One of the times, we literally drove up as the robbers left our house. It doesn't happen everyday, but wouldn't you rather be over prepared? And no, the rest of the country is not like the way you grew up. In Dallas and San Antonio, if you're in a nice area, within a quarter mile, you have a sketchy right down the street.

can vouch for San Antone...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i protect the old fashioned way. with the rata-tat-tat o' my baseball bat...:heh:

Rata-tat-tat with a baseball bat? You better be careful. At your age you might dislocate something.

:dhd:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My house got robbed at least once a year when I lived in Homestead, FL. One of the times, we literally drove up as the robbers left our house. It doesn't happen everyday, but wouldn't you rather be over prepared? And no, the rest of the country is not like the way you grew up. In Dallas and San Antonio, if you're in a nice area, within a quarter mile, you have a sketchy area right down the street.

course L.A.'s kinda like that too...

i'm near Palos Verdes estates. nice affluent neighborhood...

then right down the way is Harbor City...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Kingwood, a fairly far out suburb of Houston, from age 9-18. Didn't even know about anything like that. But I was a kid so who knows.

Homestead FL sounds like a shithole, no offense.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said this in the political forum but wouldn't it make sense to have a controlled intentional infection of athletes if it was determined immunity is built up once you've been infected

Considering how contagious it is it just makes more sense to develop the herd immunity in a controlled environment so they don't infect family members who could be susceptible