• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The standings right now is what I want the first round in the East to look like. I don't care about the 1/8 & 2/7 match ups because Brooklyn and Orlando are bad teams but Miami/Indy and Boston/Philly is what I want to see in the 3/6 and 4/5 match ups.

Can’t say I blame you for wanting Indy over Philly.

They are a mess, but definitely a team to fear in the playoffs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks but Giannis and the Bucks been out of this world......except for when they face the Heat

Reality is Lebron's team sleepwalking/chemistry issues through the year cost him at least 2 MVP's.

The biggest robbery of him not getting the MVP will always be that 2011 season when they gave it to Rose over him. Miami finished close enough to Chicago and Rose numbers wasn't anything special. He was just the best player on the best regular season team

You could also argue that Wade's 08 season should've given him the MVP over Lebron. Yes, Lebron's team were the #1 seed in the East that year. But Wade took a bunch of scrubs to the playoffs as a 4-seed iirc. And I think Wade had won the scoring title that year also.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine the hissy fits that's gonna happen with Harden once people start mentioning how Westbrook is now actually the best player on their team. I bet it won't be the same response Steph had with KD.

If Russ keeps this up they're going to be dangerous

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat gaining a little breathing room on Philly/Indy for HCA.

2 game edge in the loss column.

Lakers should beat Philly tomorrow to extend that to 3 which is really more like 4 because Philly can't end up with the same record as Miami due to the H2H record

I honestly have no idea on what to expect from the Sixers now.
As easily as I can see a first round exit against Miami, I now think Indy can pass them.

Regardless, I still see Milwaukee falling in the 2nd round.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alvin Gentry said the following about Lebron:

“I’m just amazed that they talk about anybody other than him for MVP"

People do know the Bucks are 52-8 and Giannis is avg 30,14, & 6? Also doing this without playing with another superstar on his team right

To be fair, I think some of the Lebron for MVP talk is about his age. But the season he is putting together is definitely worthy of consideration regardless of his age.

Lebron is averaging 25.5ppg, 7.8rpg, 10.6apg, 49.3% fg, 35.5% from 3, 69.3% ft and he's 35 years old in his 17th season. He's also played in 56 of the Lakers 59 games.

Giannis is averaging 29.6ppg, 13.8rpg, 5.8apg, 55.1% fg, 31.1% from 3 and 62.5% ft. He's 25 and played in 55 of the Bucks 60 games.

Giannis has Lebron in points, rebounds and field goal percentage. Lebron has Giannis in assists, 3 point percentage and free throw percentage.

Giannis may not be getting as much MVP love as he deserves from some folks, but it's not because Lebron is getting too much love. What he's doing is pretty unprecedented.

As I posted the other day, seasons like this are why we need 2 awards. 1 for the Most Valuable Player and 1 for the Most Outstanding Player.

This year, I would give Lebron the "MVP" and Giannis the "MOP".

I do agree though, that "no one else should be considered" is pretty lame. I don't think you can go wrong with either guy.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t say I blame you for wanting Indy over Philly.

They are a mess, but definitely a team to fear in the playoffs.

Yeah. Based on what's going on now, I'd rather see the Sixers than the Pacers.

But with the Sixers talent, if they can get on the same page for the playoffs, they could be a lot of trouble.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to give the MVP to a guy on a 53 win over the guy on a 67 win team....also at that time, I think most would have said LBJ, KYRIE, and LOVE> Steph, Klay, and Draymond.

Cavs were the favorites entering the season and O/U was about 59 wins.

Warriors O/U entering that year was 50 or 51.

Yeah unfortunately, teams wins should play a part but not this BIG of a part. GS had a much better team overall bc of their amazing depth but that was really the start of their dynasty so not many would have predicted that. Curry had an amazing season so he deserved it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Russ keeps this up they're going to be dangerous

Yep, very dangerous. Just hope these two guys don't have those nights in the playoffs were they throw up 30 shots and make a 8. RW just needs to continue to play his game and not go into chuck mode, same with Harden. All it takes is one great defensive team though...still this team is as dangerous as anyone when those two are on.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah unfortunately, teams wins should play a part but not this BIG of a part. GS had a much better team overall bc of their amazing depth but that was really the start of their dynasty so not many would have predicted that. Curry had an amazing season so he deserved it.

And see that's where the wins part breaks down for me.

Steph had a great season. Maybe the Warriors don't win the title without him, but they are still a solid playoff team.

The Cavs without Lebron would have been pretty ugly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's not 6'5 and you are wrong.

What Harden said was stupid.

Not sure why you are trying to die on this hill.

Not dying on any hill, but also sticking with my opinion. The fact that he isn't 6'5 means I'm not wrong, actually, as my point was if he was. Conditional, lol.

Again, I hate Harden. End of discussion.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This league has become far too sensitive.

Which is a bit weird, given how buddy-buddy most players act, regardless of team affiliation. Other than a cantankerous few like Ariza, of course lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Curry's first one

Harden, Westbrook are both MVP pretenders IMO. The idea that Lebron was 4th that year is preposterous. Voters simply get bored of voting for the same guy, year-in year-out. Same happened to Jordan.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, very dangerous. Just hope these two guys don't have those nights in the playoffs were they throw up 30 shots and make a 8. RW just needs to continue to play his game and not go into chuck mode, same with Harden. All it takes is one great defensive team though...still this team is as dangerous as anyone when those two are on.

If they draw the Clippers, they're in trouble.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a great MVP candidate but Giannis just been better this year and will win the MVP again

I think once you put up the numbers to win the first one, you have to do more to win the second (fair or not), especially after ending short of the finals after the first one. Not sure how you do that before the postseason, but that's how it becomes a two man race. It's not just Giannis winning games for the Bucks; that's a team that was put together over multiple seasons. This Lakers team is largely new this year and leading the West going away thus far.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once you put up the numbers to win the first one, you have to do more to win the second (fair or not), especially after ending short of the finals after the first one. Not sure how you do that before the postseason, but that's how it becomes a two man race. It's not just Giannis winning games for the Bucks; that's a team that was put together over multiple seasons. This Lakers team is largely new this year and leading the West going away thus far.
28, 13, 6 last year shooting 25% from 3.

30, 14, 6 this year shooting 31% from 3.

Considering they have improved their record, while beating the dogshit out of the West top teams...

I'd say that counts as improvement.

Then there's also the fact that he's doing all this while NOT playing with another top 5 player.

Giannis should be leading, LeBron should be #2 and nobody else is even in the conversation.

Best player on the best team.