• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is if there were a team with the cap room to absorb TT's deal who could use him they'd give up a 1 for him.

If under the cap, either LA team would not give up a 1 (if they had one) for TT. I realize he's no Snell, but TT could help them and probably more than a late 1st would.

Contenders never have cap room. That is why these deals happen.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yeah, in reality this is probably true. Because most teams who want TT are gonna need to give up assets that can come close to equaling his 18 mil. And doubtful they'd give up their players who are going to help them this season.

Hypothetically, though, if there were such a team that had cap room for whatever reason, you don't think they'd trade what is probably a late 1st if it gets them TT for the stretch run and playoffs?

That is quite the hypothetical.

Name 1 contender in the last 5 years with that much cap space.

I don’t even think that is possible in the modern NBA for a contender to have the space to absorb a deal like that without matching salary.

In fact, I don’t even think any of the bad teams have cap space needed to absorb TT’s contract.

So I guess my answer to your question is no.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, @shopson67 and @tlance

I see what you meant about Thomas Bryant.

Yeah, he's a fantasy stud.

I picked up Rui while Blake is on the IR.

Not a bad game, just wish he shot 50%.

Rui, Bryant going to post numbers this year. Efficiency may be lacking for Rui, but I think you will like having him in fantasy. That team is really terrible and somebody other than Beal has to produce.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers should be up by almost 20 with the defensive effort but this offense is putrid. It makes no sense to have both Lebron and AD off the floor at the same time. Also, KCP needs to taken out to pasture and shot. He's always been meh, but he is horrendous this season so far

Man. Way harsh.

You should go with benching the guy before shooting him.

But if the Lakers are seeking a KCP replacement who can make an occasional shot, I am available. I promise, I won’t go 0-6 every night, but I will play heinously bad defense and turn the ball over continuously.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. Way harsh.

You should go with benching the guy before shooting him.

But if the Lakers are seeking a KCP replacement who can make an occasional shot, I am available. I promise, I won’t go 0-6 every night, but I will play heinously bad defense and turn the ball over continuously.

hey, it took him 2 games, but he scored a point last night. that's worth something...

...ain't it...?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is quite the hypothetical.

Name 1 contender in the last 5 years with that much cap space.

I don’t even think that is possible in the modern NBA for a contender to have the space to absorb a deal like that without matching salary.

In fact, I don’t even think any of the bad teams have cap space needed to absorb TT’s contract.

So I guess my answer to your question is no.
true......but then based on your "logic" no player really gets traded for a #1 pick because salary always needs to be matched.

Even OKC had to take the bad contract of CP3 to acquire #1s for Westbrook.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not gonna let it die, huh...?

and you wonder why i laugh at your over-inflated ego...:lol:

how about i say whatever i want, WHENEVER i want, and you sit there and be helpless to do a damn thing about it...

do a Michael Jackson...:finger:
Helpless? You complain I wont let it die and you just cannot stop yourself. Here's a clue.....I hope you keep replying as your irrational is free comedy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's averaged a double double once in his career. Last year. 11/10.

TT is a perfectly decent player. But he has no perimeter shot so he tends to clog up the paint on the offensive side.
when Lebron isn't there and he is needed to score more he can score. With that Lebron fellow, along with Love and Kyrie he didn't need to score. True, LAL wouldn't need him to score, but getting 7 and 8-10 rebounds and 3-4 extra possessions from his offensive rebounding would be a bad thing?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The C's closed with a line-up of Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Smart and Walker.

None of those guys would have been considered a 4 let alone a 5 at any point previously.

Damned if it didn't work, though... this time, anyways. ;)
And how'd the epitome of a JAG (Theis) do?

congrats on the W.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassan Whiteside made his name in the league as a defender but so far, and its only two games, he’s been a terrific addition at the low post. He was 9-10 from the field and 4-6 from the foul line in just 26:19 against the Kings, scoring 22 points to go with nine rebounds, a block and a steal. That made him 15-17 from the field overall, with a total of 28 rebounds.

@WiggyRuss

Not to mention the 3 assists last night.
#emptystats

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can save his body I'm not writing off the idea he could, in fact, carry a team. I get he's getting up there but will only be a couple years removed from doing as much.

Depends on what one means by "carry".

Can he play all 82 games and carry the Lakers to the finals like he did the Cavs a couple of years ago? No way.

But, could a rested and healthy Lebron take over in the playoffs and carry the Lakers to the finals? Yes.

My guess is that the plan is likely for Lebron to defer to AD in the regular season and then turn his game up for the playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true......but then based on your "logic" no player really gets traded for a #1 pick because salary always needs to be matched.

Even OKC had to take the bad contract of CP3 to acquire #1s for Westbrook.

Right. Westbrook is a somewhat bad contract too. Just a lot less bad than CP3.

The difference being if you trade for a player whose contract is an actual asset, you get assets back. The returning contracts you take on in that case would either be assets themselves or expiring deals that don’t hurt the buyer.

That is what TT is at this point. He was a bad contract before this year. Now he is an asset as an expiring contract who can play a bit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when Lebron isn't there and he is needed to score more he can score. With that Lebron fellow, along with Love and Kyrie he didn't need to score. True, LAL wouldn't need him to score, but getting 7 and 8-10 rebounds and 3-4 extra possessions from his offensive rebounding would be a bad thing?

Kind of.

He might get an extra bucket or 2 a game, but he is a garbage man. Regardless of who his teammates are, you aren’t running offense through TT. He gets his on put backs and drop offs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Heat debut is Tuesday. He is a proud Father.

I'm sure Wiggy will find a issue with a first time Father staying with his newborn for a few days.

Jimmy Butler left his team for the birth of his daughter?

What an asshole.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter Jr. has lottery talent.

It's always been the non basketball related stuff that sinks his battleship.

I think landing in Ohio was great for him.

Less off court distractions, pressure.

Dude was so frustrating at USC. :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just when I say that he gets two blocks. He looks like he is in shape just not very reliable

They have a lot of new faces.

He's here for defense and rebounding. Any points he provides are gravy.

I'm sure that not being a focal point (or even having any plays run for him) in the offense is taking some getting used to too. So far, he's handling it well. But it's only been 2 games soooo...