• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will the lakers finally beat the clippers on tuesday?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the most concerning part about these last couple of @ss-whoopings that the Lakers have taken is how bad their defense has looked.

Like previous LeBron-led teams, the Lakers have looked very good (at times) this season on defense. But you can tell it's not because the team as a whole is defensively sound... rather: it's because a superior athlete or two can stitch the whole defense together, and the offensive blitz a LeBron-led team can provide can take care of the rest.

This year's Lakers have that same formula...
  • one or two superior defenders (AD and LeBron, but the King is getting a little old)
  • size to defend the rim (McGee and AD, supported by Howard)
  • too many holes everywhere else, though.
Good teams come to town and are just overwhelming the team defense of the Lakers and finding the holes... as @Mecca has said, any team with a quantity of decent wings can just go to work on the weak links.

Even guys who used to be top defenders like Avery Bradley and Danny Green look a little small and more than a little old trying to match up with the younger and bigger players they are asked to check.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the most concerning part about these last couple of @ss-whoopings that the Lakers have taken is how bad their defense has looked.

Like previous LeBron-led teams, the Lakers have looked very good (at times) this season on defense. But you can tell it's not because the team as a whole is defensively sound... rather: it's because a superior athlete or two can stitch the whole defense together, and the offensive blitz a LeBron-led team can provide can take care of the rest.

This year's Lakers have that same formula...
  • one or two superior defenders (AD and LeBron, but the King is getting a little old)
  • size to defend the rim (McGee and AD, supported by Howard)
  • too many holes everywhere else, though.
Good teams come to town and are just overwhelming the team defense of the Lakers and finding the holes... as @Mecca has said, any team with a quantity of decent wings can just go to work on the weak links.

Even guys who used to be top defenders like Avery Bradley and Danny Green look a little small and more than a little old trying to match up with the younger and bigger players they are asked to check.
Don't worry, help is on the way!

#LosCavs-gelesLakers

Apparently, he’ll get the opportunity to showcase his talent and prove that he’s still capable of playing at a high level. According to a Lakers source close to the situation, Smith will get a workout with the Los Angeles Lakers next week. “There are no guarantees,” said the source. “They want to see what he can do and if it is a fit, we’ll take it from there.”

– via Brandon 'Scoop B' Robinson, Brandon 'Scoop B' Robinson @ Heavy.com

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how late a certain New Balance hoodie stays in the strip club
Hey, hey....

Maybe he's looking to find a nice girl to settle down with...

After All, that's where George met his wife and baby Mama.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, hey....

Maybe he's looking to find a nice girl to settle down with...

After All, that's where George met his wife and baby Mama.

I'm just impressed by him doing what he can to help those young ladies work their way through college.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC keeps winning. I think this young energetic Thunder team can give someone fits in the playoffs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC keeps winning. I think this young energetic Thunder team can give someone fits in the playoffs.

Like I said a few days ago, they look like they're this years version of last years Clippers.

I don't see them getting out of the first round.

But they look like they will be the proverbial, "team that no one wants to play".

They'll likely push the series to 6 or 7 games against a team looking to be done in 4 or 5.

And if that team suffers an injury to one of it's better players, or has an "off series", they could pull off an upset.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just impressed by him doing what he can to help those young ladies work their way through college.
Exactly!

He's also a strong advocate for single Mom's.

51iuajiQ2pL.jpg

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could y

* looks at standings and sees the Lakers only have 10 in the loss column *

:scratch:

Did the Celtics ass whoopin count twice?

#NewMath
Some of the playoff teams like the Clippers, Dallas beat the Lakers twice to add to that ten, must add Philly to my numbers now. Like i said, it might be a coicindence, but it is a small concern

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ayo....

Kuz out there point shaving now that he realizes his days are numbered.

Danny was roasted, open ASS too.

Congrats, @Sparhawk , @flyerhawk , @Taddy Mason .

Wings are the Lakers kryptonite.

Yeah, I don't think anyone should be particularly surprised. I think we all knew going into the season that the Lakers would be able to bully most teams in the league with their size, but would struggle against the better teams that have a lot of good wings to throw at them.

In the playoffs, the games will slow down a bit and that should allow the Lakers to use their size more.

Having said that, if the Clippers stay healthy and the Lakers don't add anyone, I don't see them getting past the WCF unless someone else takes the Clips out, or Playoff P shows up in top form.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone mention that LeBron passed Kobe in scoring in 104 fewer games? And 17 years compared to 20? :heh:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, help is on the way!

#LosCavs-gelesLakers

Apparently, he’ll get the opportunity to showcase his talent and prove that he’s still capable of playing at a high level. According to a Lakers source close to the situation, Smith will get a workout with the Los Angeles Lakers next week. “There are no guarantees,” said the source. “They want to see what he can do and if it is a fit, we’ll take it from there.”

– via Brandon 'Scoop B' Robinson, Brandon 'Scoop B' Robinson @ Heavy.com
Hasn't played a game that mattered in nearly 2 years, but I'd kick the tires on it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ayo....

Kuz out there point shaving now that he realizes his days are numbered.

Danny was roasted, open ASS too.

Congrats, @Sparhawk , @flyerhawk , @Taddy Mason .

Wings are the Lakers kryptonite.

I missed the game last night as I was out to dinner with friends but it sure looks like Simmons and Thybulle feasted on the defensively. 9 steals between the 2 of them? Wow.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone mention that LeBron passed Kobe in scoring in 104 fewer games? And 17 years compared to 20? :heh:
Kobe came off the bench his first two years

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe came off the bench his first two years

That's yet another example of why LeBron > Kobe. LeBron started from day one, Kobe didn't. Now granted I haven't added the numbers for the two up since the start of last season but through 15 full seasons LeBron averages more pts, rebs, asts, stls, blks, has a better FG% & even a better 3 pt %. Also LeBron's hit a better % of game winning shots. LeBron 1st team selections- 12. Including 11 in a row. Kobe 1st team selections- 11. 8 in a row.

And before anyone tries to say rings are all that matter then that means Jason 'white chocolate' Williams > John Stockton.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's yet another example of why LeBron > Kobe. LeBron started from day one, Kobe didn't. Now granted I haven't added the numbers for the two up since the start of last season but through 15 full seasons LeBron averages more pts, rebs, asts, stls, blks, has a better FG% & even a better 3 pt %. Also LeBron's hit a better % of game winning shots. LeBron 1st team selections- 12. Including 11 in a row. Kobe 1st team selections- 11. 8 in a row.

And before anyone tries to say rings are all that matter then that means Jason 'white chocolate' Williams > John Stockton right?
Don't get me wrong, to me LeBron is obviously >>> Kobe

But LeBron started because Cleveland was awful. The Lakers were I believe a playoff team when they got Kobe. They wanted the HS kid to go easy at first. If he had started his rookie year he probably matches LeBrons scoring production over the same number of seasons

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm...

Do we have any Chicago Natives on this board?

Isn't the 6 sides star the symbol for the Gangster Disciples?

Someone's getting shot all star weekend..

Yes