• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that was a joke. Kawhi is a beast in the playoffs.
I mean, that's the whole point of the thing. Go easy in the regular season so you can go nuts in the playoffs.

Surprised more superstars aren't doing it. Yes there's some load management but not like Kawhi does it

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree attendance is weak, viewership is weak. the cap is based on revenues. Increase the competition and increase the revenues. revenues are shared based on the CBA

It would actually have the adverse effect in increasing competition. You'd have to implement a hard cap in order for this to actually work. With a soft cap and a luxury tax scale, it's the teams in big markets with big revenues that will continually be able to field large payroll teams. Say a team like Charlotte in the future hits on two big superstars. They won't be able to retain them because they'll likely only be able to pay one. However if the Knicks or Lakers hit on two big stars, they'll be able to pay them still because they basically print money.

So you've just not only decreased the average amount the non 1% of the league makes, but then you lessen what they're able to make by implementing a hard cap.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not knocking the clippers at all they are very well built even before Kawhi and they did what everyone else would have I am just saying if Kawhi could get 50 mil last season the whole NBA would be better off.
How would the NBA or Clippers be better?

The Clippers are already living on borrowed time with the undermarket salaries of Lou and Trezl.

If the Cap stayed the same, yet they paid Kawhi 50 mil per, they would not have been able to trade for George's salary, which means we wouldn't have signed Kawhi.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, that's the whole point of the thing. Go easy in the regular season so you can go nuts in the playoffs.

Surprised more superstars aren't doing it. Yes there's some load management but not like Kawhi does it

I don't like the way he approaches it. He plays possum until its playoff time, in the meanwhile it could potentially hurt the team for playoff positioning by the end of the season.

As it stands right now, they'd face off against the Rockets in the 1st round. With the way they're built they should have the number 1 or 2 seed. And I know i'm very biased against the clippers, but i'm not so sure they're guaranteed to make it through to the next round of the playoffs if they play the Rox in Round 1

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would actually have the adverse effect in increasing competition. You'd have to implement a hard cap in order for this to actually work. With a soft cap and a luxury tax scale, it's the teams in big markets with big revenues that will continually be able to field large payroll teams. Say a team like Charlotte in the future hits on two big superstars. They won't be able to retain them because they'll likely only be able to pay one. However if the Knicks or Lakers hit on two big stars, they'll be able to pay them still because they basically print money.

So you've just not only decreased the average amount the non 1% of the league makes, but then you lessen what they're able to make by implementing a hard cap.

@Brianscott @Mecca

LOL, because of my post and how Brian compared this to the NHL, I looked up their cap system just now. Guess who has a hard cap? NHL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the article, disagree in the comments. Its all about conversation

I get you're trying to get exposure for your blog but this isn't the right way to do it. Leave a link in your signature and i'm sure you'll get plenty of hits if you're known as a good and knowledgeable poster.

In the meanwhile you could always create a thread with whatever subject matter you've chosen to blog about, if you want to know people's opinions.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try to focus on my point. do you think anyone should feel sorry for the warriors. do you think the warriors got there by doing exactly what I am pushing should not be allowed being multiple max contracts.
I'm pretty focused.

It's just I find your logic flawed.

If they overpaid for one guy, you are thinking the other players will go to other markets.

Problem is this....

There are only a handful of True Supermax players in the NBA.

So, teams will simply start overpaying marginal max guys just to retain them.

* See Wiggins.

Once the big money is off the board, guys would simply latch on to big market teams, play for pennies on the dollar, and mitigate their salary with endorsement money.

Would you rather play for the Lakers for 1 mil, get a 50 mil shoe deal or play for the Timberwolves, make 5 mil and nobody knows your name?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree attendance is weak, viewership is weak. the cap is based on revenues. Increase the competition and increase the revenues. revenues are shared based on the CBA
Attendance is weak?

I wasn't aware of this and I actually don't believe it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the way he approaches it. He plays possum until its playoff time, in the meanwhile it could potentially hurt the team for playoff positioning by the end of the season.

As it stands right now, they'd face off against the Rockets in the 1st round. With the way they're built they should have the number 1 or 2 seed. And I know i'm very biased against the clippers, but i'm not so sure they're guaranteed to make it through to the next round of the playoffs if they play the Rox in Round 1
All true.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different topic for a moment.

Anyone see the Antonio Brown video where he lost his mind & was cussing out the cops?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone see the Antonio Brown video where he lost his mind & was cussing out the cops?

Nope but not surprised. At first you think he's an idiot. Now I just kind of feel bad for him. He's got obviously some issues going on up top. Not sure if it's football related or whatever else, but it's a shame.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope but not surprised. At first you think he's an idiot. Now I just kind of feel bad for him. He's got obviously some issues going on up top. Not sure if it's football related or whatever else, but it's a shame.

There's something seriously wrong with him. He needs help before he hurts himself or others. This latest episode is more than just him being an idiot.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers suck.
They have the ugliest uniforms in the NBA.
And their titles from '85, '87 & '10 are invalid.

PositiveRelievedBlacklemur-small.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dear GAWD, no.

But, I can't stop laughing everytime I see the video of that Lady squaring up on that guy that tried to steal at best buy...lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His fucking haircut didn't give that away?