• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take him on the Lakers in a heartbeat. Solid rebounder, good defender, doesn't need the ball, knows how to play with Lebron and if they still had Javale or Dwight on the roster, AD would almost never have to play the 5 spot.

What's not to like?
wondering the same.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at worst he would be the Lakers 5th best player- and has the exact type of attitude, team first mentality, doesnt need the ball, tons of playoff experience, and can guard either inside or on the perimeter.

I think they will package TT along with Delly or Knight to a team to get some solid assets at some point- and then see what it would take ot possibly bring him back if it was at all feasible in the offseason.

Nance is younger and signed up and rather duplicative of TT is why I would trade TT for assets if they were the right assets and the opportuntiy came up.
Still not sure they will get rid of TT. still relatively young and not like we have a lot of bigs (especially if they trade Love).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Heat fans know the Heat are deep. This isn't anything new. Heat fans didn't just magically know we are deep after last night.
sorry. Not seeing it compared to other teams. Think a number of teams could match Miami's 9-12th players.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I don't think the Lakers could put together an attractive enough package to get him. But it would be nice if they could.

I'd be willing to bet that Lebron would pay for a private charter to get him to LA.

I think that when we get closer to the trade deadline, some teams looking to make a playoff push will come calling.
Agree with that first comment and it's a shame. Any players the Cavs might want who they would deal for TT went to NO....along with the picks the Cavs would want.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson Jr actually looked very good last night.
They played hard and obviously competed for 3 quarters.
Heat had a crazy run to start the 4th, which had a lot to do with the insertion of Nunn, Silva.

I obviously didn't see any of the Cavs game, but what was up with Garland/Porter?
I know its just one game, but for example you could easily see the talent of Morant last night as well as Herro.

Love played 35 last night and Cavs are 0-1and scored a whopping 85 points.
So make them 7-10 since last year when he plays 15+. A little better than the 12-53 when he didn't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah with Nance the hustle is there, his jumpshot is getting better, maybe over time he can becoming a better rebounder but overall he is super athletic and can hit the 3. Not bad at all. I think once they get some bigs back soon (hopefully Henson will actually play one game for the Cavs lol). Not sure if the Cavs can get anything for Henson if he is always hurt, hope he plays soon.
Not sure if you are old enough to remember, but Nance's dad developed a jumper well into his career so not crazy to think Nance can improve in this area.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that would be interesting. As hard as the Lakers worked to keep Kuzma out of the AD deal, I have a hard time seeing them trading him. But, considering that they are in "win now" mode, they might be willing to do it if they feel he can get them over the top.

They also still have Boogie's $3.5 million as well. Rondo doesn't have a lot left (especially defensively), but he can still run an offense. He'd be a very good mentor for Garland.
First thought was I agreed neither team would do it, but if we are talking guys who would actually play on the new team it's Kuzma for TT, Clarkson and Sexton (Rondo would play some, but he's just filler and not the future).

Obviously all depends what Lakers think of Sexton and Cavs think of Kuzma as long term answers. Then for Lakers if they thought they could or would want to keep TT/Clarkson. I think both would stay if they wanted them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 pieces who can/should be in the rotation

Winslow
Dragic
Waiters
Herro
Nunn
Bam
Butler
Kelly
Leonard
Johnson
Jones Jr

Robinson-This is the 12th man.
Sorry, but even a team not going anywhere this season (the Cavs) could match their 9-11 and 12 (and add a 13th.
Love
Osman
TT
Garland
Sexton
Clarkson
Delly
Knight
Nance
Porter, Jr
Henson
Windler

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs didn't look very good in game 1.
10 point dog on the road and lost by 8. what were you expecting?

Not like they got beat by a team missing their 2nd best player while playing on their home floor.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly how do you propose the Lakers obtain TT? He makes too much to be a viable trade option. If he's waived, sure, dump Dwight's ass for him.
want to tell me it would be tough to acquire him? I agree.....but the person to whom I replied said he wouldn't even want him because he's too short (one of the reasons).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you finally willing to admit that Waiters was a horrible draft pick that early?
Horrible? Not so sure I'd go that far. Could have found someone better with hindsight, sure, but based on draft rankings they could have done a lot worse, too.

I wanted Barnes when the pick was made.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That salary, unless the Cavs give him away.
It's an expiring deal....you just prove you don't understand the game (and/or what your own team needs) if you wouldn't want him on LA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeeeeaaaahhhhh...

you were also the guy who swore KLove was just as good as AD...

you'll pardon me, of course, if i think your "assessment" is a bit...tainted...
If you could find one post where I said that you'd be onto something...but would still sound like a guy who doesn't understand basketball whenever you say TT is not someone the Lakers should want.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, EVERY player that wears the ol' wine and gold is fantastic...:rolleyes2:

STILL pass...
Nope. But a guy who could take some of the pressure off AD down low and allow him to spend even more time at the 4 would be helpful.

Are you really a Laker fan?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY...

'sides, why help the Cavs outta THEIR problems...?:lol:

#fuck'em
TT is a problem? Great locker room guy, player many teams would want, expiring salary?

You really are on top of "your game" today. sadly, your game seems to be proving you know little about basketball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year of his deal.

If healthy, he's worth the roll of the dice...

If you don't have to give up much to get him, like you stated.
well they would have to give up something to get him which is probably why it doesn't get done. Everything they had that they would trade the Cavs might went is now in NO.

sadly, I think the same might be true of the Clips (though their assets went to OKC) and he'd be a nice upgrade for that team to Zubac.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not talking results, Im talking roster.
Thats not changing and our best player wasn’t there.

The Heat has a full roster of live bodies they can throw at you.
Cavs 8-12 just as good. But if you say so.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not always BEFORE the game.

But, it usually comes out in the wash afterwards.

Not just players, coaches too.

I remember Spo and Kidd missing for child birth back in the day...
Maybe not always before the game but seems more often than not when this is the reason we know.

No reason to hide it as not like it wont be found out and not an injury which can be used for a competitive advantage down the road for an opponent.