• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think he's trying all that hard, at least not in regards to going for his own offense. He looks to be playing in 4th gear (of 6). Now that they've clinched the #1 seed, I expect he'll just coast a bit more doing just enough to stay in game shape while the rest of the Lakers tinker around finding what lineups work best.
BOOM.

Saving the gas in his tank for the playoffs....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kuzma has improved defensively, offensively he is that consistent as well. Clarkson never has been anything special defensive wise.

I'd agree. Kuzma's offensive production depends on when he gets his minutes. With Davis having another huge night, Kuzma's minutes came largely with Davis off the floor, and nobody else was really lighting it up to draw the defense. If Davis plays C, then Kuzma can get minutes with Davis and get better looks from the defense collapsing on Davis. Since that doesn't happen a lot, Kuzma is playing with Lebron, but both are on the perimeter, which doesn't create as much space. He's unlikely to become a star at this point, but he could be a fringe all-star or alternate some years as he inherits more of the burden.

I liked Clarkson, but with the Lakers he typically played like Waiters does; offensively talented, but always looking for his own shot instead of looking to set up his teammates. Clarkson isn't as bad as Waiters in that light, but hasn't really changed that perception either.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred undrafted lol.

Which is silly. At some point, these GMs need to properly value the senior leaders coming out of college. I'm not saying they should rush to the top, but guys like Fred should definitely be drafted over some foreign statue as a stash.

He's not the equal of Fred, but look how valuable someone like Alex Caruso is to the Lakers' chemistry. Another 4 year player (from Texas A&M) that ended his career as A&M's all time steals and assists leader, as well as SEC all-defense and second team All-SEC as a senior. Undrafted and even spent a full season in G league before cracking the NBA.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar's success relies too much on his athleticism. He's an amazing athlete no doubt but there's no way I'd choose him over mahomes and put several hundred million dollars on.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Top 100 is literally named the Top 100 of 2020 and is completed annually and polls the players.

Last year essentially IS Lamar's career, as he only played a portion of his rookie year. Mahomes has been in the league a year longer and got a redshirt season basically his rookie year.

Let's compare each QB's first full season:

Jackson 15g, 13-2, 66.1%, 3127 yards, 7.8 Y/A, 36 TD, 9.0 TD%, 6 INT, 1.5 INT%, 113.3 Rate, 81.8 QBR,
1206 rushing, 6.9 Y/A, 7 TD, 9 FUM

Mahomes 16G, 12-4, 66.0%, 5097 yards, 8.8 Y/A, 50 TD, 8.6 TD%, 12 INT, 2.1 INT%, 113.8 Rate, 80.4 QBR,
272 rushing, 4.5 Y/A, 2 TD, 9 FUM

Glaring differences? Mahomes threw for more yards and TDs, but at the same or lesser success rates. Lamar ran a lot more with much better production, yet Mahomes had just as many fumbles. It's nowhere near as cut and dry as the NFL hype machine wants you to believe.

:pound:

Already said Jackson had the better year last year. But Mahomes has had the better overall career so far. The numbers don't lie. You should look them up.

I'm judging both of them by their entire careers. While you wanna judge them only based on last season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Le Batard's an idiot. Yesterday he started a poll asking if Magic F Jonathan Isaac's ACL tear was funny.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree. Kuzma's offensive production depends on when he gets his minutes. With Davis having another huge night, Kuzma's minutes came largely with Davis off the floor, and nobody else was really lighting it up to draw the defense. If Davis plays C, then Kuzma can get minutes with Davis and get better looks from the defense collapsing on Davis. Since that doesn't happen a lot, Kuzma is playing with Lebron, but both are on the perimeter, which doesn't create as much space. He's unlikely to become a star at this point, but he could be a fringe all-star or alternate some years as he inherits more of the burden.

I liked Clarkson, but with the Lakers he typically played like Waiters does; offensively talented, but always looking for his own shot instead of looking to set up his teammates. Clarkson isn't as bad as Waiters in that light, but hasn't really changed that perception either.

It does seem like in the bubble Kuzma has become a better outside shooter. His total year %'s aren't great but in this very short sample he has been better. Now, like you said, it depends on his sporadic minutes...it's hard to be consistent with those kind of minutes but it seems like everytime he is in, he's knocking down shots and play very good defense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers missed the playoffs for the last six years. While the #1 seed and HCA doesn’t mean anything in the bubble, it’s still a big deal to Lakers fans.

Speaking of your Lakers any chance Avery Bradley will be with them next year after opting out? And when will Rondo return?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit. I'm such a lousy gambler that the game I wanted to lose yesterday I won.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nets are now also sitting Levert, Allen, and Harris

Get them the fuck out of Orlando

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think the Bucks use this game to get some run out of some other guys once they are up 30

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf....they already were 18
point dogs....I saw it got pulled in draft kings wonder what it re opens at

It's annoying.

Not playing Giannis in daily now. No way he plays this whole game.

Trying to guess which Buck gets a much longer run

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of your Lakers any chance Avery Bradley will be with them next year after opting out? And when will Rondo return?

I don't know if he'll be back next year or not. If he isn't, I'd be shocked if it were because he opted out.

Obviously, unless some e-mail or something were leaked, we'd never truly know because they wouldn't give that as a reason.

If he's not back it would be because the Lakers were able to get someone better, or he wanted too much money.

Rondo is expected to be back by the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he'll be back next year or not. If he isn't, I'd be shocked if it were because he opted out.

Obviously, unless some e-mail or something were leaked, we'd never truly know because they wouldn't give that as a reason.

If he's not back it would be because the Lakers were able to get someone better, or he wanted too much money.

Rondo is expected to be back by the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Thanks for the info. Any chance LeBron and AD are benched for the first round of the playoffs?