• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to do it. Just stating facts which are the following

1) He never said he's better than Jordan

2) Jordan never had 70 in Boston

Unless his quote was taken completely out of context from a larger conversation (certainly possible) that appears to be exactly that quote implies.

“what can Jordan do that I can’t?”

A lot. Maybe we should start with getting to the playoffs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Did he use those words? No.

It's certainly not Lebron saying "That's when I knew I'm the best that ever did it"...but the implication is pretty clear.

:pound:

Bringing up LeBron when he has nothing to do with this? That's something wiggy does. Don't be like wiggy. :heh:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Booker did score 70 in a meaningless regular season game that a good Celtics team won by 10.

Jordan scored 63 in a playoff game at the Garden against an all time great Celtics team where the Bulls lost by 4.

No comparison as to which game was more impressive.

BOOM.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it over and over. Very clearly.

He is a winning player in a good program.
I mean, he was a winning player in arguably the best program with an elite coach.

Only my opinion, but thinking Wilson would be a winning player nearly anywhere he went.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a high quality game manager like being a very good mediocre player?

Hard to really argue he didn't play his best in his time in KC.

Kind of.

I'd put him in the 2nd tier of QB's (which is most of them).

Guys like Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, etc. are the top tier. These are guys who can take a team that really has no business making the playoffs, to the playoffs. They can also take a team that has playoff talent, but not Super Bowl talent, to the Super Bowl.

The top tier guys have that little something extra that enables them to make game winning plays when they have to.

Guys like Alex Smith, can take a playoff caliber team and get them...to the playoffs. They can take a team with Super Bowl talent...to the Super Bowl.

Alex Smith isn't likely to make the kind of mistakes that cost a team games they should win, but he's also not likely to make the plays that win a team games that they should lose. To me, that's the difference.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he was a winning player in arguably the best program with an elite coach.

Only my opinion, but thinking Wilson would be a winning player nearly anywhere he went.

I don’t disagree.

But Mahomes would win more in the same situations because he is the better player.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree.

But Mahomes would win more in the same situations because he is the better player.

I'm CL67, and i approve this message...

btw, ups to our GM Veach for getting the Chris Jones deal done. wasn't confident that was gonna happen...:D

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree.

No disagreement there either. Only area I've disagreed with you, really, is the notion it would be nuts to prefer Wilson over Mahomes to win one game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

btw, ups to our GM Veach for getting the Chris Jones deal done. wasn't confident that was gonna happen...:D

You all are in really good shape short term.

No you just have to hope COVID doesn’t derail the season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Myles deal got done, too, as I'm sure you heard.....wish those deals getting done could imply they have a stronger belief there will be a season, but I know one has nothing to do with the other.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree.

Yes and no.

Experience has a lot to do with it, imo. It's less likely that a DC is going to come up with a wrinkle that Wilson hasn't scene than it is that he comes up with one Mahomes hasn't seen.

Having said that, there are also situations that Mahomes being the better athlete can get out of that Wilson can't...but Wilson is still good enough that there aren't a lot of them, if for no other reason than his experience will allow to him avoid those situations in the first place.

It's like the NBA...many consider Giannis to be better than Lebron right now...but who do you trust more to win 1 game for you?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

Experience has a lot to do with it, imo. It's less likely that a DC is going to come up with a wrinkle that Wilson hasn't scene than it is that he comes up with one Mahomes hasn't seen.

Having said that, there are also situations that Mahomes being the better athlete can get out of that Wilson can't...but Wilson is still good enough that there aren't a lot of them, if for no other reason than his experience will allow to him avoid those situations in the first place.

It's like the NBA...many consider Giannis to be better than Lebron right now...but who do you trust more with the game on the line?
Just curious..do we still have an off court thread here anymore? Guessing with games hopefully starting soon this will be nearly all NBA related.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious..do we still have an off court thread here anymore? Guessing with games hopefully starting soon this will be nearly all NBA related.

We can set one up as long as it doesn't get all political.

What usually happens is that someone (usually @bksballer89 I believe) starts a playoff thread about a week or so before the playoffs, then the regular season thread becomes more of an off topic thread.

There are also usually threads for each series which get "unstickied" as each series ends.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

It's like the NBA...many consider Giannis to be better than Lebron right now...but who do you trust more to win 1 game for you?

I guess that is the difference.

If Giannis were as good as Mahomes (compared to everyone else) then I would pick Giannis. The gap between Giannis and LeBron just isn’t as vast.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that is the difference.

If Giannis were as good as Mahomes (compared to everyone else) then I would pick Giannis. The gap between Giannis and LeBron just isn’t as vast.

Yeah, my preference for Wilson is based on experience only. That's why I want Wilson for 1 game, but Mahomes if I'm starting a team.

I also don't expect I'll feel that way in another season or 2. Mahomes is going to get more experienced while Wilson is just going to get older.

Same in the NBA. Right now, to win a title, I want Lebron. In a couple of seasons, I'll probably want Giannis.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my preference for Wilson is based on experience only. That's why I want Wilson for 1 game, but Mahomes if I'm starting a team.

I also don't expect I'll feel that way in another season or 2. Mahomes is going to get more experienced while Wilson is just going to get older.

Same in the NBA. Right now, to win a title, I want Lebron. In a couple of seasons, I'll probably want Giannis.

I think the experience of RW is overplayed when considering him over Mahomes potentially. I'd understand if Mahomes was a rookie. But he has two solid seasons under his belt, both of which ended in an AFC title loss (they should've won that) and a Super Bowl win. Mahomes has a good amount of experience under his belt and at the end, barring injury, will have a better overall career than RW.

Still stinging from that interception in the SB with RW.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles deal got done, too, as I'm sure you heard.....wish those deals getting done could imply they have a stronger belief there will be a season, but I know one has nothing to do with the other.

Rumor has it Myles celebrated his new contract by running around the Flats swining a helmet.