• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Ongoing Thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall scratched right before game as precaution. Lebrun reporting there is traction on trade talks.
Gotta figure he doesn't make it out of the weekend as a Devil. Lot of talk on yotes and Blues now. Wonder what we'd be getting back from either?

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUBBLY!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the conditional 3rd becomes z first if they win a round and he resigns.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am probably in minority here, but think Ray did well given circumstances. Hall was clearly not signing here, he hasn't been playing up to his MVP year, so his value wasn't as high for a pure rental, he got a guy who could end upo the big, defensive minded D-man we sorely lack and a couple guys who could be middle-bottom 6 solid depth players and a 1st, potentially another, but most likely a second.

i view it as we got 3 seasons of Hall, including an MVP season where he put the team on his back and carried them to playoffs, plus the above assets, for Adam Larsson.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am probably in minority here, but think Ray did well given circumstances. Hall was clearly not signing here, he hasn't been playing up to his MVP year, so his value wasn't as high for a pure rental, he got a guy who could end upo the big, defensive minded D-man we sorely lack and a couple guys who could be middle-bottom 6 solid depth players and a 1st, potentially another, but most likely a second.

i view it as we got 3 seasons of Hall, including an MVP season where he put the team on his back and carried them to playoffs, plus the above assets, for Adam Larsson.

I've warmed up to it a bit. Wish we had landed a more "sure thing" prospect but I think Bahl could be the big, shutdown defenseman this team has been dying for.

As much as I'd like a 2nd first rounder I'd be ok with Arizona shitting the bed and the first they traded us turning into a lottery pick.

If nothing else this gives guys a chance to prove themselves. Boqvist, McLeod etc.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except now we have nothing except draft picks and mid level prospects for Adam Larsson

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious to hear what people were expecting from a clear rental who has no intention of signing anywhere before July 1?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't think he would even get half the return for Hall. Most were saying a first rounder and a prospect. This was not a bad return at all for a guy who has not played at an MVP level and is only rental.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an intriguing season. So many variables/x-factors with this lineup.

Absolute best case scenario:

Hughes hits the ground running
Gusev lives up to the hype
Subban is Norris candidate
Hall is back to MVP form
Blackwood/Schneider are Jennings candidates

FrighteningSpectacularAfricangroundhornbill-max-1mb.gif

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a freaking joke. Glad Hall is gone as he didn't want to be here. Rather quality over quantity. Had to get a return with one player ready to play now.

Just upset that idiot Shero centered the whole offseason around making Taylor Hall happy. He should have made a few moves that were best for the team. Not for a player who everyone figured wouldn't even be on the team next season.

Forget you, Taylor Hall. Gets booed and he can't even handle it. Thinks he's a star yet is playing like an average player. At least they got rid of a problem. The house cleaning has to continue.

And the rebuild goes on forever.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing right now I thank Hall for is the luck of getting us two number 1 picks in the lottery..... no one can be upset his luck of the roll was in our favor.... now lets hope it doesn't follow him away from NJ. Was happy we sign him, but he was never the same after last years injury.... and this year he was beyond bad.... glad hes gone and we can rebuild.... to me, we got rid of the two biggest problems... coach and Hall....

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a freaking joke. Glad Hall is gone as he didn't want to be here. Rather quality over quantity. Had to get a return with one player ready to play now.

Just upset that idiot Shero centered the whole offseason around making Taylor Hall happy. He should have made a few moves that were best for the team. Not for a player who everyone figured wouldn't even be on the team next season.

Forget you, Taylor Hall. Gets booed and he can't even handle it. Thinks he's a star yet is playing like an average player. At least they got rid of a problem. The house cleaning has to continue.

And the rebuild goes on forever.

Who thought the moves weren't best for the team? We were all pumped about how we'd definitely make the playoffs with all of those moves this summer along with adding Jack in the draft. Hindsight is 20/20, but I have no problem with anything he did this summer, he spent money to try and win, Subban has just shit the bed and the one move he did fail to make until it was too late, shit canning Hynes, did help sink the season

that said, why worry about a piece that can play now when we are already cooked this season? Take the best piece you can get, which was Bahl, and bring him in along with Ty next season on D. Looks like Vats will be dealt, wish we could've signed him since he is only functional D-man at the moment

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that said, why worry about a piece that can play now when we are already cooked this season? Take the best piece you can get, which was Bahl, and bring him in along with Ty next season on D. Looks like Vats will be dealt, wish we could've signed him since he is only functional D-man at the moment

Two D jumping from juniors straight to the NHL would certainly be "interesting" to say the least.

I think Sami is overrated. He does eat a ton of minutes and he is a a warrior but he is also an unforced turnover machine (loves the pass up the middle) and is SLOW. Someone will probably over pay for him, hopefully not us.