• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Top Prospects

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Day rosters have been announced for Sacramento, Richmond and San Jose (in addition to Augusta's already released roster). Here are some notable names omitted from rosters:
Pitchers: Tyler Beede, Sam Coonrad, Ian Gardeck, Chase Johnson, Domenic Mazza, Manny Parra, Dereck Rodriguez, Sam Wolff, Stetson Woods
Infielders: Kelvin Beltre, CJ Hinojosa, K.C. Hobson, Jose Vizcaino, Kevin Rivera
Outfielders: Caleb Gindl, Robinson Medrano, Eury Perez

Edit: I realize that a few of these guys are starting the season on the disabled list (i.e. Coonrod, Gardeck, Johnson and Wolff) and Beede is probably waiting at spring training for a call up this week.

Beede is starting in San Jose tonight because of rain in the forecast for his scheduled start in AAA.

This keeps him on track to pitch again on the 10th. . . . . .

(in San Francisco)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Day rosters have been announced for Sacramento, Richmond and San Jose (in addition to Augusta's already released roster). Here are some notable names omitted from rosters:
Pitchers: Tyler Beede, Sam Coonrad, Ian Gardeck, Chase Johnson, Domenic Mazza, Manny Parra, Dereck Rodriguez, Sam Wolff, Stetson Woods
Infielders: Kelvin Beltre, CJ Hinojosa, K.C. Hobson, Jose Vizcaino, Kevin Rivera

Edit: I realize that a few of these guys are starting the season on the disabled list (i.e. Coonrod, Gardeck, Johnson and Wolff) and Beede is probably waiting at spring training for a call up this week.

Hinojosa is probably starting on the DL (Achilles recovery). Haven't heard squat about Gindl or Perez this spring so I'm guessing they're hurt.

Rodriguez just pitched the other day in the San Jose/Sacramento exhibition series, and the transactions show he was assigned to AAA on the 3rd, but now he's disappeared. Maybe he got hurt.

One name I forgot to mention earlier that people may be curious about. Ray Black is healthy and in AA.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beede is starting in San Jose tonight because of rain in the forecast for his scheduled start in AAA.

This keeps him on track to pitch again on the 10th. . . . . .

(in San Francisco)
He wasn't on the San Jose roster when I looked earlier. Maybe I just missed his name.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't on the San Jose roster when I looked earlier. Maybe I just missed his name.

This just was decided today, I believe. The San Jose website still shows Melvin Adon is starting, but I just peeked at the roster and Beede is now listed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Sacto lineup is actually pretty good.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Sacto lineup is actually pretty good.

The River Cats might be a solid squad this year, unless it's ravaged by the ML team.

Powerful lineup, some ace defenders, good bullpen (that's already been stolen some), some interesting starters.

The lineup is certainly the most exciting part though.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your throwing 102, hard to blame them for getting frozen on a back-door slider

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6 groundouts, 2 flyouts for Beede
Decent line, except that I would hope to see fewer BBs and more Ks when he is pitching 2 levels below himself.

But 1 hit in 5 innings is fine. I will take it.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent line, except that I would hope to see fewer BBs and more Ks when he is pitching 2 levels below himself.

But 1 hit in 5 innings is fine. I will take it.

His first two walks came on the first two batters of the game, cleaned up from there. But as Glaser mentioned he wasn't exactly sharp all night.

In the majors that's not gonna cut it. He's still probably getting the call on the 10th, though. I guess at least he wasn't shelled.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

apparently, Beede is in San Jose right now, which I found odd.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a non-steroid ban. I'm 99% sure it's pot
All sports REALLY need to rethink their pot-policies. At this point it is just an arbitrary rule to test that a player can follow arbitrary rules.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelvin Beltre broke his leg in camp.