• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Season Preview...gut feeling

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Gents.......

I won't give wins or loses, but I'll tell you the games on the schedule that have me a bit nervous!!!!!!

Week 3 with the Bucks.
We will be coming off a win against the Chiefs, they will be feeling overly confident, and it seems the only Florida team we can beat is Miami.

Week 4 with the Ratbirds.
They are going to be looking for blood having lost the last 3 straight games against us.
They will make this game ugly.

Week 10 with the Panthers.
Cam Newton is going to be a nightmare unless by this time we have in place a legit fill in for Shazier.
He will literally mind fuck the D with his run, not run, run bullshit.....visions of the shit Vick used to do to us.

Week 12 with the Broncos
We will be coming off an emotional win with the Jags, and Denver's D well grab the opportunity and cream it down out throats.

Week 14 with the Raiders
Every time we go to play Oakland/Los Angeles/where ever the fuck they are from, we struggle. This year will be no different, and the Steelers will be looking forward to week 15 anyways.

Week 16 with the Aints.
Drew Brees is going to murder our secondary.....but no one in Pittsburgh will give a shit, Why????
Because we will all be still trolling cheatriot fans about beating their assess in week 15.....
AND JESSIE JAMES WILL GET HIS CATCH!!!!!

:lol:

Thanks for your insight Psych!

I'm with you on some of these nervous games.

Truth be told, I'm a little bit nervous of week one. Mostly just not wanting to be THAT team that CLE finally breaks the losing streak against....lol

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your insight Psych!

I'm with you on some of these nervous games.

Truth be told, I'm a little bit nervous of week one. Mostly just not wanting to be THAT team that CLE finally breaks the losing streak against....lol

I thought about that, but quickly disregarded it. I'll tell you why......

Yes, there is the fear that the Brownies need that slump buster, but it won't be us in week one.
After 5 long years with Todd Haley as the O coordinator, our offense still didn't understand this idiot and his play calls.
Do you think the thugs in Cleveland are going to figure it out in a month or so????
Cleveland will improve, but I worry more about the game in week 8 when they have a bit of confidence in them, but that game we'll be coming off a bye week and it won't be good for them.
Anyway, the b.s. with Josh Gordon, another new QB with Todd Haley....is not good for Cleveland.

As far as our D with Cleveland......lol..... rumor has it the offense will be wearing headsets and calling the D, after all, who knows Haley better.....hell for that fact, give headsets to a few fans....you and I both know he did everything but hold up signs telling other teams what the play was going to be!!!!

But lastly, and I think most importantly, Ben. Everyone remembers how Haley treated Ben. And I think AB rallies everyone around Ben to stomp the shit out of Haley in his new home with the Cleveland Brownstains.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that, but quickly disregarded it. I'll tell you why......

Yes, there is the fear that the Brownies need that slump buster, but it won't be us in week one.
After 5 long years with Todd Haley as the O coordinator, our offense still didn't understand this idiot and his play calls.
Do you think the thugs in Cleveland are going to figure it out in a month or so????
Cleveland will improve, but I worry more about the game in week 8 when they have a bit of confidence in them, but that game we'll be coming off a bye week and it won't be good for them.
Anyway, the b.s. with Josh Gordon, another new QB with Todd Haley....is not good for Cleveland.

As far as our D with Cleveland......lol..... rumor has it the offense will be wearing headsets and calling the D, after all, who knows Haley better.....hell for that fact, give headsets to a few fans....you and I both know he did everything but hold up signs telling other teams what the play was going to be!!!!

But lastly, and I think most importantly, Ben. Everyone remembers how Haley treated Ben. And I think AB rallies everyone around Ben to stomp the shit out of Haley in his new home with the Cleveland Brownstains.

You talked me off the ledge! No, I'm not that worried largely because of the Haley factor. I think they start 4-0...wk 4 will be a good test for Fichtner. Those guys knew Haley's game plan like it was their...always making it a tough game.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Ben gets hurt, I think the Steelers will win the AFC-N rather easily. I don't think Baltimore has done much to improve a team that I didn't find to be that talented. I think the Bengals are a 7-9 type team - Until they fully commit to fixing their woeful offensive line, they're going to struggle. The D might be much improved, but who will ever know when they are on the field the entire game. Cleveland will compete - They'll win games this year, but not more than 5 or 6.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Ben gets hurt, I think the Steelers will win the AFC-N rather easily. I don't think Baltimore has done much to improve a team that I didn't find to be that talented. I think the Bengals are a 7-9 type team - Until they fully commit to fixing their woeful offensive line, they're going to struggle. The D might be much improved, but who will ever know when they are on the field the entire game. Cleveland will compete - They'll win games this year, but not more than 5 or 6.
I thought Cincy committed to fixing the O-line this offseason? Glenn & Price?

That said, I still think Cincy is bound to lose a bunch of close games this season. It's just Marvin's way. Still tons of talent on that team so I wouldn't be surprised if they went to the playoffs this year.

I think Baltimore is going to ride their defense again. So if Joe can get just a little more out of the offense then they should be in WC contention.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Baltimore will always be in WC contention...They're good enough not to suck, but not good enough to make real noise. I thought their defense was overrated last year. They were helped by a weak schedule and some favorable match-ups. I just don't think they have a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball and I think Flacco can't succeed unless he's surrounded by talent.

The Bengals tried to fix their line, but it is so broken it probably needs another offseason. Billy Price will have growing pains. Glenn is good if he isn't hurt. But they still don't have any answers on the right side of the line. And the running game might struggle.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Baltimore will always be in WC contention...They're good enough not to suck, but not good enough to make real noise. I thought their defense was overrated last year. They were helped by a weak schedule and some favorable match-ups. I just don't think they have a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball and I think Flacco can't succeed unless he's surrounded by talent.

The Bengals tried to fix their line, but it is so broken it probably needs another offseason. Billy Price will have growing pains. Glenn is good if he isn't hurt. But they still don't have any answers on the right side of the line. And the running game might struggle.

BAL...I think you hit the nail on the head there...BAL will always be a tough out in DIV especially. IDK if they have enough on OFC to be much more than a middle of the pack team. Lot of TEs, eventually one has to hit I guess is the theory. On DEF, strong up the middle as always and Suggs can still make plays on the edge. You can man up on him now, not the terror he once was. Agree, not as good as the stats might say...but game plan well.

CIN...chose to reinvest in the DL guys after drafting the OL transition and it hasn't worked, but they went ahead with the transition plan anyway...imo CIN has too many weapons on OFC and good talent on DEF to be any worse than .500....still surprised they retained Lewis to be honest.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after careful consideration, and two games, I'd like to recant my first prediction and give a new one.

The games that worry me the most.......

Every single game left to play for AB Brothers and Tomlin Circus.

Until these guys stop butt Fuckin one another in the locker room, it's not going to end well.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually saw this team putting a beast down on the patriots this year.

Now they are more concerned with who's meat is and isn't getting beat in the locker room.