• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Season predictions

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the season is now upon us, guess its time for some season predictions. I think this team could go anywhere of a floor 9-3 to an undefeated team making CFB playoffs. Almost every tough game is at home (Michigan t 1 exception), we have a leading Heisman candidate at the most important position on field, a 5 star RB to replace our generational talent there, a stable of very athletic WR who have been doing very well in camp, a group of TE who can not replace Gesecki freakish ability but will be threats in passing game and better in blocking the run game, and MOST importantly, FINALLy an OL we can hang our hat on to run the ball late in game, get that short yardage 3rd down conversion and keep Trace clean. This offense could be special yet again.

Defense, we have some question marks but it seems like the staff eels we have a lot of answers already and 1 BIG, BIG answer is Micah Parsons at WILL LB. He is drawing rave reviews on the field and off for his performance, freakish ability and more importantly, his work ethic. We are stacked in teh secondary with Reid back, Amani was 2nd team B1G, Nick Scott has played a ton and Wade/Taylor/Monroe/Sutherlavensnd are great options at other spot. DL is biggest concern on team, other than Kicker, until we see what we ahve behind our starters in middle. Windsor and Givens are solid, but after that its a mystery until we see someone do it in a game. FR PJ Mustipher has stepped up and likely made 2 deep, BArber, Shelton, Hansard, need to be able to fill out the rotation. DE Miller/Matos are a great duo, need Simmons/Toney/tarburton and maybe even Oweh, need to round out rotation.

K, they seem happy with Vlad and Pinegar, could see 1 kicking off, 1 kicking FG.

As far as record, I lean m ore towards the 12-0, but think we drop 1 somewhere along way, just no idea where I'd predict it looking at our schedule. I will go with 11-1 (12-1 after B1G title win) and real shot at playoff, Trace is a finalist for Heisman with real shot to win, Micah Defensive Fr of year not only in B1G but Nationally...he is that good. Miles rolls for 1200 rush, 40 receptions 15TD and people quit asking how we will score without Saquon. Defense will be scored on some early, but be VERY good by end of season.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as optimistic. I'd say anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2. I don't think our offensive line will be a strength, and without the defenses setting two to three people on Barkley this season the line gets exposed even more leading to a sub-par season for McSorely.

If the line FINALLY stops being construction cones I could see us possibly hitting 11-1 or even 12-0 either way with a playoff birth, but I won't believe it until I see it because people have been telling me now for four consecutive seasons that our line will "finally be a strength". I refuse to accept anyone including Franklin at face value with regard to the line at this point.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as optimistic. I'd say anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2. I don't think our offensive line will be a strength, and without the defenses setting two to three people on Barkley this season the line gets exposed even more leading to a sub-par season for McSorely.

If the line FINALLY stops being construction cones I could see us possibly hitting 11-1 or even 12-0 either way with a playoff birth, but I won't believe it until I see it because people have been telling me now for four consecutive seasons that our line will "finally be a strength". I refuse to accept anyone including Franklin at face value with regard to the line at this point.

Saying it will be better and saying it will be a strength are 2 different things. Menet at C and McGovern moving to guard along with Bates back, Gonzo at other G and 2 guys with a lot of experience battling at other tackle....plus some actual depth now, it can actually be a strength

As for how Defenses play us....go ahead and back off, let Mikes run wild. He averaged around 7 per carry and is a 5 Star talent. I think without saquon we can be even more dangerous because we’ll be more unpredictable and balanced. I don’t see any way in hell we lose 4