• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Open Championship. Carnoustie

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francesco Molinari is the first Italian professional to win a golf major.
If nothing else that should have at least made this a bigger deal.

Watching around the horn today was something else. After talking about Tiger for 5 minutes, Frank Isola says
"lets give Francesco Molinari some credit"

Like he did something good to be recognized that was not apparent.

Pure insanity.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger has never won a Major when not in the lead heading into the final day. He had an opportunity to win this tournament but wasn't aggressive and chose to play safe golf. I admit I despise Tiger but he is just a good player and not an elite golfer anymore despite the media trying to prop him up.

He didn’t win because he hasn’t been in that position in what a decade?

Golf is wide open now. So many good players

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Nicklaus said it best recently... “Tiger has to learn how to win again.”

Baby steps.

And I’m not saying he will because Carnoustie was a great opportunity where you don’t have to be a long knocker to win. But that was big for his confidence

Will he work on his game and take it to another level. At 42? Possibly

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn’t win because he hasn’t been in that position in what a decade?

Golf is wide open now. So many good players
The fact is that Tiger isn't head and shoulders above the rest of the field anymore. He is still very good but not dominant.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Nicklaus said it best recently... “Tiger has to learn how to win again.”

Baby steps.

And I’m not saying he will because Carnoustie was a great opportunity where you don’t have to be a long knocker to win. But that was big for his confidence

Will he work on his game and take it to another level. At 42? Possibly
At 42 time is running out on him.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francesco Molinari is the first Italian professional to win a golf major.
If nothing else that should have at least made this a bigger deal.

Watching around the horn today was something else. After talking about Tiger for 5 minutes, Frank Isola says
"lets give Francesco Molinari some credit"

Like he did something good to be recognized that was not apparent.

Pure insanity.
The media has Tiger on the brain and disrespected the Open champion.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he's that too and I knew they'd all play up Tiger. But I thought they'd at least let us know who won the damn thing first. I guess not.

As for Tiger, he's still fully capable of winning ... and winning majors. I'd say he has at least a 5 year window as long as he can stay injury free. But he doesn't putt like he used to. That's what used to separate him from the rest, imo. The guy never seemed to miss when it mattered. That's gone... at least for now.
I bet Tiger doesn't win another Major.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is that Tiger isn't head and shoulders above the rest of the field anymore. He is still very good but not dominant.

Of course not. Everyone knows that. He is, however, still head and shoulders above the rest of the field in popularity.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media is to blame.

Blame? Again - like everything else this is driven by $$. Stop trying to view the media as it existed 10-15 yrs ago. This is a different era. Like it or not you are going to see a zillion stories about Tiger, LeBron, The National Anthem, etc, etc. If folks don't like it then just switch to a different channel or web site. No biggie.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For someone who views the guy as such a non-factor you certainly talk a lot about the guy. Sincerely - why do you care about him so much?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone who views the guy as such a non-factor you certainly talk a lot about the guy. Sincerely - why do you care about him so much?
Because I love to watch him lose.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't hear that nonsense at The Matsers either. They don't put up with that crap at Augusta.
The Masters is the best run tournament in golf.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who knows. He's shown he still has the game. I think a US Open is highly unlikely because they like to set those up so tough. But there's no reason why he couldn't win at Augusta or on one of The Open or PGA layouts. He has roughly a 5 year window to do it, just from the standpoint of considering his age. After that, well father time is undefeated as they say.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. He's shown he still has the game. I think a US Open is highly unlikely because they like to set those up so tough. But there's no reason why he couldn't win at Augusta or on one of The Open or PGA layouts. He has roughly a 5 year window to do it, just from the standpoint of considering his age. After that, well father time is undefeated as they say.
He is 42 and coming off back surgery. He may still win some more PGA tournaments but I doubt he has the stamina to claim another Major.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We will see no way to really know. This week had to do a lot for his confidence. I can’t recall the last time he was close to the lead or in the lead at a major on the back nine of day 4.

Depends on how dedicated he can be and how his health is down the road.

My biggest question is what is motivating him? Because he hasn’t seemed very motivated for years.

I’d love to see one more major but it’s tough out there right now. Look at the #1 player in the world last week. Rory coming down the stretch at 18. Spieth.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see no way to really know. This week had to do a lot for his confidence. I can’t recall the last time he was close to the lead or in the lead at a major on the back nine of day 4.

Depends on how dedicated he can be and how his health is down the road.

My biggest question is what is motivating him? Because he hasn’t seemed very motivated for years.

I’d love to see one more major but it’s tough out there right now. Look at the #1 player in the world last week. Rory coming down the stretch at 18. Spieth.
Tiger should just be happy to be playing competitive golf after all those back surgeries.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He may still win some more PGA tournaments but I doubt he has the stamina to claim another Major."

Hogwash. Stamina has nothing to do with what happened. He was in 1st place, on the back nine, in the final round of a major mow-ron. Had he just hit the fairways going in, he coasts in to the clubhouse with the W. Had stamina had anything to do with it, he wouldn't have finished in the top 10. He would have collapsed.
He beat Speith straight up, so does Speith not have the stamina?

Tooooo Fuuuuny.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I love to watch him lose.

I get that, but why even worry about him? Why even hate him? Wbat has he done to you? You rant non-stop that the media covers him too much yet almost every post from you is about Tiger, Tiger, Tiger. Makes no sense. Whatever.