• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 MBBRL Role Call and Nomination thread

ARE YOU IN FOR 2018 SEASON ?

• Current members: No thanks, I'd rather have a root-canal, OUT !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up for oblivion: Thanks but NO thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still early in the offseason.
More people may be joining the board soon.
But therein may lie the hidden danger.
Not sure it's a good idea to create a "C" league for those who only follow fantasy football when it becomes convenient.
I'm sure there are some good candidates out there who are very good at FF.​
MBBRL is special. Sorry if that sounds pompous; but it is.
MBBRL is not for the "casual" fan. It really involves a year-round commitment.
Better to have a strong 24 then a watered-down 36 IMO.​
giphy.gif

I'm with Joe on this one...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - with Foot out, unless I count wrong, we have 3 open spots and 4 candidates to date. Cheff, Ritzarmy, BKSBallers89 and EHB5. Looks like a tough vote coming unless 9 more qualified candidates pop up in the next few weeks for a Tolls Under The Bridge 'C' league.
I think Chef is a unanimous vote... Nobody wanted him to leave in the first place. But they are all great candidates. It will be a tough vote.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still early in the offseason.
More people may be joining the board soon.
But therein may lie the hidden danger.
Not sure it's a good idea to create a "C" league for those who only follow fantasy football when it becomes convenient.
I'm sure there are some good candidates out there who are very good at FF.​
MBBRL is special. Sorry if that sounds pompous; but it is.
MBBRL is not for the "casual" fan. It really involves a year-round commitment.
Better to have a strong 24 then a watered-down 36 IMO.​
Not suggesting we do and can't argue with that - merely pointing out the fact that as it stands, one of those guys is not making it in. ...

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know the saying "beginning of the end"?.. That's the start he's referring to
It was always good knowing that I did not have to compete with Treff for CJ. That 1000 yards was good on my rosters last year.:lol:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know things have slowed down a bit on here, but I just wanted to bump this thread to make sure that nobody else has any other candidates for our 3 open spots. As of right now we have 4 guys for 3 spots: @Ritzarmy @Chef99 @bksballer89 @ehb5 that are all qualified candidates. In case anybody needs a refresher, EHB5 and Bksballer89 were the two that finished at the bottom of the B league last year so they were automatically up for oblivion. The other spot is the one being vacated by Foot who was also up for oblivion due to multiple roster violations and both Chef and Ritz threw their hats in the ring, completed a profile and agreed to the constitution.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well do we get a poll n vote or what

Well, according to the constitution it will show up here the end of June. I'll have to setup a 'ranking' order for the vote since the multiplier in in effect. Assume it will be something on the order of:
1st choice (list all candidates)
2nd choice (list all candidates)
3rd choice (list all candidates)

I think I will have to make the votes visible to all in order to do a correct tally. (unless Harold has a different way to be able to see who voted for whom another way).

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, according to the constitution it will show up here the end of June. I'll have to setup a 'ranking' order for the vote since the multiplier in in effect. Assume it will be something on the order of:
1st choice (list all candidates)
2nd choice (list all candidates)
3rd choice (list all candidates)

I think I will have to make the votes visible to all in order to do a correct tally. (unless Harold has a different way to be able to see who voted for whom another way).

I wouldn't even do it as a poll. I think it would be much easier for everybody just to send you and Tlance (per the constitution) a private message and the candidates need to be ranked 1-4 and then totaled using the multiplier. I really don't think it should be a public poll because it could sway the way people vote based on what votes have already been made. Everybody should voice their opinion on the candidates before the vote takes place and then once voting starts it should be private to avoid any lobbying for one guy or another.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked Harold if there was a way that we could set up a discussion thread that just involves the 21 voting members, but we can't do that and the most that can be done in a private message (by Harold) is 12. So that means if we want to have a frank discussion involving the candidates, we either have to do it all public on this thread for all of them and us to see, or we would have to set up a group email and do it that way. Or we can just not discuss it at all and just vote at the end of the month. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really glad we didn't have to vote last year because I am really torn this year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked Harold if there was a way that we could set up a discussion thread that just involves the 21 voting members, but we can't do that and the most that can be done in a private message (by Harold) is 12. So that means if we want to have a frank discussion involving the candidates, we either have to do it all public on this thread for all of them and us to see, or we would have to set up a group email and do it that way. Or we can just not discuss it at all and just vote at the end of the month. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really glad we didn't have to vote last year because I am really torn this year.
Turns out I can do more then a dozen in a private conversation. So conversation is now set up.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out I can do more then a dozen in a private conversation. So conversation is now set up.

Always new you could do more men then a dozen. Congratulations on finally admitting it.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even do it as a poll. I think it would be much easier for everybody just to send you and Tlance (per the constitution) a private message and the candidates need to be ranked 1-4 and then totaled using the multiplier. I really don't think it should be a public poll because it could sway the way people vote based on what votes have already been made. Everybody should voice their opinion on the candidates before the vote takes place and then once voting starts it should be private to avoid any lobbying for one guy or another.

I did say unless Harold can come up with a another way. I probably was clear enough on that post but actually meant a way where only the creator can see the results. .... is that possible @HaroldSeattle ?