• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2018 Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Game - UW @ Auburn (in Georgia) 12:30pm Pacific Saturday Sept 1st

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WizardHawk are you going to have this thread moved to the CFF? If you do maybe have them add the TV channel in the thread title.
Naw, go make a formal main board version and keep this one for us.

Go do your thing. I don't tend to make many CFB gameday threads.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, go make a formal main board version and keep this one for us.

Go do your thing. I don't tend to make many CFB gameday threads.
I'll wait then until the UW puts out a 'Game Day' tweet to stick in the OP. They usually do that in the morning.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Soderberg isn’t really a rookie though... if it makes you feel better to think of him as one for a mental fresh start or some shit I get it, but he was the one who blew the ASU game last year while Vizcaino was sitting down thinking about what he did.
He's not the starter going into Auburn. Peyton Henry (RS Freshman) got the nod.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait then until the UW puts out a 'Game Day' tweet to stick in the OP. They usually do that in the morning.
If you wait much longer one of the dipshits on the main will end up beating you to it. Normally we don't make them more than 24/hrs before, but week 1 everyone is a bit antsy so you can bet someone else will make one before Friday.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not the starter going into Auburn. Peyton Henry (RS Freshman) got the nod.

Oh, I didn’t see that. Good, a fresh start there is a good thing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I didn’t see that. Good, a fresh start there is a good thing.
Still a bit scary because he hasn't faced live fire and might be asked to come up clutch in a big game, on the road, on national TV.

Doesn't matter how solid he's been in practice. Can he keep from losing his lunch under those conditions? We will see. Soderberg is in the wings if he chokes, but we've already seen him eat a big bag of dicks on TV more than once.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a bit scary because he hasn't faced live fire and might be asked to come up clutch in a big game, on the road, on national TV.

Doesn't matter how solid he's been in practice. Can he keep from losing his lunch under those conditions? We will see. Soderberg is in the wings if he chokes, but we've already seen him eat a big bag of dicks on TV more than once.

We’ll find out at some point. That’s just how bad last year was, I’m more confident in the unknown than the level of pants shitting we are familiar with.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all of the things to be concerned about, the one last item stuck a little in the back of my head is opening day in the Eastern time zone. They were kind of bad against Rutgers in their last cross country effort, at least in the first half. College teams don't typically travel anywhere near as often or far as NFL teams and don't have a lot of practice at dealing with jet lag and all that comes with long travel.

They really do need to get off to a fast start and set the tone early. No way they can afford to look a bit lagged in the first half.

27.5 hours away from kick off now... It's almost here.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well boys I wont be around here, gonna head up to the Yardhouse and watch the game there. We got tickets for the Foo Fighters later so I told the little Mrs to go shop while I drink some blondes and watch my Dawgs!

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all of the things to be concerned about, the one last item stuck a little in the back of my head is opening day in the Eastern time zone. They were kind of bad against Rutgers in their last cross country effort, at least in the first half. College teams don't typically travel anywhere near as often or far as NFL teams and don't have a lot of practice at dealing with jet lag and all that comes with long travel.

They really do need to get off to a fast start and set the tone early. No way they can afford to look a bit lagged in the first half.

27.5 hours away from kick off now... It's almost here.

The main thing I’m concerned about now is this gonna be on some obsure Espn channel I don’t get. Fucking always holdups with games before ours, I swear to Christ...