• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2018 Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Game - UW @ Auburn (in Georgia) 12:30pm Pacific Saturday Sept 1st

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DlELktEXgAEHU-v.jpg
chick-fil-a-kickoff-game-2018.jpg

Finally here. The long summer is drawing to a close and football is back in action!

I know I'm typically a cautious person in these big games, but the more I read and think about this game, the better I like UW's chances of winning it. Maybe some are right and their defense is even better than UW's, but Auburn is breaking in 4 new OL, is without their top two WR's, and has a history of taking time to build up speed on offense early in the season. I think the timing of this game favors UW.

I'm going 20-9 UW with a TD coming from either the defense or special teams. The other will come from a Gaskin break away run in the second half.

Bring this shit on already!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth chart for the game has been released. No surprises. Whole team looks healthy and ready to go. Nice that we can face these guys at full strength, except for Hunter Bryant. Go Dawgs!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article breaking down the issues with Auburns Offense did make me raise an eyebrow.
Green all over their Oline. 2 start quality WRs lost to ACLs in spring. Lost both 1-2 RBs from last year to grad/draft.

Their QB is a stud and mobile who will buy them more time, but still that matched up against our defense. That could be really put us in a position to keep it close.

Their D front is very scary. Our Oline is going to be put to the test. Gaskin and Ahmed are gonna have to find those holes ehen they can, cause thats a tSEC bumpkin wall were facing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilner was on Softy a few minutes ago and called this game the most important game certainly in the CFP era, and likely well back into the BCS for the conference.

Not just the size of the match up, but on the heels of such a down year last season for the entire conference as a whole.

I agree there is a lot on the line for optics at the conference level, but these kids better not be feeling any of that weight. Just go play ball.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth chart for the game has been released. No surprises. Whole team looks healthy and ready to go. Nice that we can face these guys at full strength, except for Hunter Bryant. Go Dawgs!!!

The things that jump out at you on the depth chart are Trey Adams listed as starter at LT so he must not be too banged up yet, and Jaxson Kirkland getting the start at RG as a RS freshman over Sr Matt James. Welcome to major college football son, now go defend our 4th year QB against one of the toughest defenses you will ever see in your very first game. James was the 1 coming out of spring so Kirkland has emerged big time to get this nod in such a huge game.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilner was on Softy a few minutes ago and called this game the most important game certainly in the CFP era, and likely well back into the BCS for the conference.

Not just the size of the match up, but on the heels of such a down year last season for the entire conference as a whole.

I agree there is a lot on the line for optics at the conference level, but these kids better not be feeling any of that weight. Just go play ball.
Its not a bowl game, but it has the feel of one given two teams from different confs playing with these rankings.
I would say its the most important game of his career so far here since its the most loaded with experienced JRs and SRs we've seen in his era here and its completely his team. While this is just 1 of 12 games this years regular season, it does feel like the biggest prove it game of his Wash career so far. The roster is stocked as it can be. No excuses. We come out flat or get blown out, its gonna feel like a major missed opportunity at some history. We got to come out foot on the gas and never let up till the end of the 4th. We got to play like its a bowl game. Kitchen sink time. Make use of all the experienced talent and get that big W.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back NCAAF!!!!! This should be a great matchup and I hope a defensive struggle but both HCs are known for the O and have had months to scheme.

As everyone has said, our O-Line is going to be where we win/lose the game. Our best seasons featured a senior laden line and we do not have that this year. But we do have Coach Grimes back and I love that Coach.

I have tried to maintain cautious optimism about our team and its chances but the closer it gets to kickoff, the more caution yields to optimism or at least excitement. I hope every college football fan feels the same way. Best of luck, well second best, to y'all and here is to an injury free game!!!:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back NCAAF!!!!! This should be a great matchup and I hope a defensive struggle but both HCs are known for the O and have had months to scheme.

As everyone has said, our O-Line is going to be where we win/lose the game. Our best seasons featured a senior laden line and we do not have that this year. But we do have Coach Grimes back and I love that Coach.

I have tried to maintain cautious optimism about our team and its chances but the closer it gets to kickoff, the more caution yields to optimism or at least excitement. I hope every college football fan feels the same way. Best of luck, well second best, to y'all and here is to an injury free game!!!:suds:
I worry about everything, but then that's normal for me.

Both teams have a rookie kicker that could make things interesting. Man do I hate the freaking kicking game anymore. :tsk:

UW has a veteran defense, but I do worry a bit about their size going up against an SEC O line, even if that's a young O line. Outside of Gaines I don't think we have another guy over 300lbs on that front. Really not too worried about the pass defense as that UW secondary is among the best in the nation. They HAVE to keep that run game in check though.

Not sure where the running yards are going to come from for UW. They don't have any big body rushers. They are all speed/shifty runners that need a gap, even a tiny one, to get somewhere. I know Auburn has size and talent on that line, but can they handle the speed and the spread Hamdan is going to throw at them? If so it's going to be a tough day at the office for that offense.

Should be a good game and I bet it lives up to its billing.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have a rookie kicker that could make things interesting. Man do I hate the freaking kicking game anymore

Our rookie kicker is the brother of our last starter, Daniel Carlson. It is said that he has a better leg than Daniel. I am not worried about PK.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our rookie kicker is the brother of our last starter, Daniel Carlson. It is said that he has a better leg than Daniel. I am not worried about PK.
We have seen way too many kickers that came into D1 football highly thought of that couldn't handle it between the ears. No one knows for sure what kind of ice a kid has in his veins until they have to face a game winning long range FG. I'll worry about 100% of them until after they have proven otherwise at least a couple of times.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Soderberg isn’t really a rookie though... if it makes you feel better to think of him as one for a mental fresh start or some shit I get it, but he was the one who blew the ASU game last year while Vizcaino was sitting down thinking about what he did.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WizardHawk are you going to have this thread moved to the CFF? If you do maybe have them add the TV channel in the thread title.