• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 CFB Season Fun Fact

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC teams play 3 OOC games a season, the ACC & SEC teams play 4 OOC games a season. There's a reason those two conferences don't move to a 9 game conference schedule. That would mean more losses in said conferences (mathematical fact) along with having to play more P5 opponents. Lack of testosterone imo seeing how rumor has it the Waffle House is injecting their food with estrogen.

First of all, never make fun of Waffle House (though Huddle House is objectively superior). Second, Clemson played a total of 13 P5 teams last year, 10 in the regular season, same as Washington (and one more than Washington total). Do you think Clemson's season would have ended up differently had Clemson played Virginia Tech (or Southern Cal) instead of Georgia Southern? Georgia Southern would have beaten both of them last year. Third, what you're forgetting is that playing a Pac-12, for the most part, is the same as playing a G5 school. Heck, I'd be more confident against Washington the past couple of years than say Boise State or UCF. Don't forget that Auburn comfortably beat you last year (you made Stidham look like a world-beater), and Auburn was really down and was the #10 team in the SEC last year.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Clemson's season would have ended up differently had Clemson played Virginia Tech (or Southern Cal) instead of Georgia Southern? Georgia Southern would have beaten both of them last year.

No way of knowing. Playing a different team with a different style could have led to an injury or something (God forbid, just saying) and that absolutely could have led to a different outcome. But overall, no I don't think it would have... but if we go by that logic given that we know Clemson went undefeated (15-0) last year, then you might as well have played 15 FCS opponents. Obviously that isn't the same as the schedule that Clemson DID play, but that is the whole point when people are talking about schedules/opponents played. It matters. So even though I don't think any of us think Clemson would have lost to VaTech or USC, it is still fair to discuss what would or could have happened. It is all conjecture in the end.

Secondly, I am not entirely sure Georgia Southern would have beat those teams. They had a good season, don't get me wrong and I am not saying they would have lost, but it isn't a sure thing in my opinion. Those would have been tricky games to bet on. Georgia Southerns best win was in conference over App St... App Sts best win was over Troy, another conference opponent... Troys best win? Ironically Georgia Southern in conference, talk about beating each other up lol. And around we go. Georgia Southern was definitely playing better as a team, but you can't count teams out that have significantly better talent overall. After all Troy was the only team to beat a P5 opponent and that was Nebraska with their 2nd string QB and a rough start and still only won by 5 lol.

But again, this is all conjecture. Regardless of Clemsons schedule, I don't think anyone doubts that they were the best team last year... at least after Lawrence won the job.