• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017- Soul 12 Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle tail ... damn. This summer I asked my doctor for some "fix-a-flat" because my legs got sunburned and I wanted to keep the sheets from touching my legs. That and keeping me from rolling out of bed is all I need the blue pill for. BTW the VA gives generic prescription medicine. Mine was for mycoxafloppin.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Kyler Murray is moving to WR.

omareasy34

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have any major draft regrets at all? For the first time after a soul12 draft nothing stands out for me. Not to say that I love my team. I think even though I am lacking in regret I am unsure of what to think of my team as far as success.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only real regret scanning back over the draft results might be Jake Bentley. I wanted him but I could have waited a bit. Sorta didn't know what to do there for my 3rd QB. Josh Jackson had just went. I thought about Manny Wilkins, but having Harry at WR and needing to probably draft both ASU QB's I just kinda shyed away from that situation. Had I not had Harry I probably would have just done it. I am probably higher on Bentley then most so probably could have waited on him. I just didn't know if someone else had the same thought on Bentley that I did so at that point nothing standing out to me for my 3rd QB, I pulled the trigger on the selection. Two years ago I had Mahomes, Dak and Kelly, last year I never found a 3rd QB all year so maybe bad behavior from a past issue I had last year. ;) In the end not having a good 3rd QB didn't hurt me last year, but it was annoying having Wilton Speight in my lineup 3 times last year, and I think he threw a combined 2 touchdowns in those 3 games.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My regret is not being prepared enough for the draft. There is no doubt that I reached on a few picks but I am comfortable with that. I would have never drafted a kicker before the last two or three rounds but was caught on my roof away from my puter. I regret not asking for help then because I know I would have gotten it. @Draft Crazy was very generous in helping me throughout the draft.

I reached on two other homer picks, WR Davis and QB White, but with reason. With the Davis pick, Nate Craig-Myers was picked in the earlier round but Davis is going to be the go-to receiver for red zone and jump balls. Davis missed spring ball but is back without suspension. For the 10th round, I either got a steal or got stupid.

I know that Stidham is penciled in as the starter by most but factoring in the injuries we generally have at QB plus the fact that White has a solid chance of winning the starter job made me pull the trigger. I should have waited another three rounds or so but I need to be lucky this season to be competitive.

IMHO my team is weak, probably one of the worst in the league unless I get exceptional payoffs on my gambles. I do seem to be very lucky at times so generally I am just boom or bust.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair batch. It's your first year, your first college fantasy league and you had what? about a 3 weeks notice or so.. You will learn a lot this year. Appreciate you joining the league always good to have another member who isn't afraid to comment about the draft/league. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah and I like razzing ya about the Sean White pick, so there was a reason why you selected him.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot tell you how much laughter I had over that ... it really was the highlight of the draft for me. Win lose or draw it was worth it!!! I really appreciate the invite ... nothing like having my cherry popped in old age. When the newness wears off people normally beg me to shut up ... especially my mental health team. My shrink keeps buying me rope. :pound::pound::pound:

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I have any major regrets. I think I could have taken a few more risk picks rather than playing it safe with what I thought were value picks for almost the whole draft. I guess i'll see how that strategy pays off soon enough.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only real regret scanning back over the draft results might be Jake Bentley. I wanted him but I could have waited a bit. Sorta didn't know what to do there for my 3rd QB. Josh Jackson had just went. I thought about Manny Wilkins, but having Harry at WR and needing to probably draft both ASU QB's I just kinda shyed away from that situation. Had I not had Harry I probably would have just done it. I am probably higher on Bentley then most so probably could have waited on him. I just didn't know if someone else had the same thought on Bentley that I did so at that point nothing standing out to me for my 3rd QB, I pulled the trigger on the selection. Two years ago I had Mahomes, Dak and Kelly, last year I never found a 3rd QB all year so maybe bad behavior from a past issue I had last year. ;) In the end not having a good 3rd QB didn't hurt me last year, but it was annoying having Wilton Speight in my lineup 3 times last year, and I think he threw a combined 2 touchdowns in those 3 games.

I think Bentley is capped by the team he plays for and the schedule he plays

You might get lucky though and the weeks you have to play him are against the La Techs and Woffords of the South Carolina schedule

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he gets Missouri during one of my bye weeks, which was an AWFUL defense last year, but mostly vs the run. So we will see. Talented QB, they should allow him to pass a lot more this year. Probably a better overall QB then fantasy QB, but I liked him enough to take him there. As long as my top two stay healthy I should be ok there for the most part, because at that point I was screwed either way at QB depth. I had others in mind that I was willing to take later that I didn't want to reach for knowing I could wait on them. A few went later the other I got. So it was sorta like a safety pick. A guy who was better then the 3rd I had last year and was a sure bet starter. If things go well I may not even use him but damnit, at least I've got him.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i'm decent on QB Depth.

Thorson seems like a good #3 and Finley should be a serviceable emergency #4 against weaker Ds

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing my fantasy luck though, there will be constant injuries to Mayfield, Jones and Thorson and i'll to waive bum it and be trotting out Boston College or Vanderbilts QB constantly

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stole Finely from me and I shall forever hold a grudge.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thorson really came on last year. He is starting to develop into a possible NFL prospect.

omareasy34

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q sounds like Rodney Anderson was hobbled at Oklahoma practice today

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like my team a lot more this year than my last year's team, which I admit to not being very prepared for at all (and it showed in the later rounds, literally grabbing names out of the hat from reports). I probably reached a bit on Akers, but I always want a stud frosh that could be 2-3 year keeper potential and the buzz on Akers has been huge. Since I was drafting at the turn, I didn't think he'd make it back to me during the round 6-7 transition.

Was hoping to get CU's Montez @ QB, figured people would stay away for a bit, but Stevie scooped him up. Probably reached on the 2 Hawaii boys, but they are legit backups in big time programs, so you never know :D

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly my biggest regret is letting Navin steal Anu Solomon so late.

I'm pretty happy with how my draft went based on my draft spot. A guys I wanted went right in front of me to OB or Seahawks. But overall I'll take it.

Having to take Stockton because Ward's academic issues came out like 12 hours after the pick wasnt' ideal, but it's not gonna make or break me.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we handle week zero? I am assuming that the games played on the 26th will be counted in our week one stats but just want to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.