• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. But Woods' progress stunted by a Percy Harvin signing. Then when he excelled, he got hurt. Sammy hurt, in and out, decoy and not. Amazing at times. Hogan put on the map... so the Pats can sign him. Four new WR this year, two of which started the year on a different team, in a diffrrent city, with a different playbook. All of this under three coordinators. Yet still, a top 12 and 10 offense in those two years and while struggling this year,

I could accept your premise if we were 5-8. Not 5-4. Sorry.

Arrowhead vs a must win Chiefs team isn't just a "25th" ranked defense. I get what you're saying, but wanting a great QB is not an excuse to bench a good one for an unprepared rookie. That game against the Chargers will bite us in the ass in a month.

Do you really think the Chiefs played like that was a must win? That team is inexplicably falling apart at the seams...to the point where using their rookie QB has been suggested (right on the tails of Peterman's debacle) lol.

Maybe Tyrod needed that benching. That no-show against the Saints was bizarre.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod has been under pressure on most of his dropbacks today

not optimal

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Tyrod. Thanks for the good-not-great memories.

You can definitely notice Peterman with his quick decisions/throws... he'll get a good long look now. I noticed Romo talking about our WR not getting separation out there today (like most of Taylor's career), so Peterman sure is gonna have to be accurate.

Hey. I'd love it if we fell into gold. Not holding my breath though.

And how about the linebacker we didn't need playing like a Patriots MVP? LOL... just incredible.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing positive to say about today's game

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a white out! Snow bowl is on. Shady might get 40 carries.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a white out! Snow bowl is on. Shady might get 40 carries.

Should prove beneficial too, I remember watching him in a snowstorm against the Lions several years back

ran for over 200 yards I believe, any time he got space he was was gone because the defense didn't have good enough footing to stop him when he makes his moves

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should prove beneficial too, I remember watching him in a snowstorm against the Lions several years back

ran for over 200 yards I believe, any time he got space he was was gone because the defense didn't have good enough footing to stop him when he makes his moves

Good call, 32 carries and the game winning TD in OT

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up next we have the Dolphins who just beat the Patriots, hopefully for our sake they blew their load in that game and aren't ready to play us

if we could get another snowstorm it would help

Somehow we are still right in the playoff race and this game is essential to keeping those alive, plus if we beat the Dolphins I think they are completely eliminated from the playoffs and I would absolutely love to ruin those bastards hopes and dreams

lets hope it happens

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up next we have the Dolphins who just beat the Patriots, hopefully for our sake they blew their load in that game and aren't ready to play us

if we could get another snowstorm it would help

Somehow we are still right in the playoff race and this game is essential to keeping those alive, plus if we beat the Dolphins I think they are completely eliminated from the playoffs and I would absolutely love to ruin those bastards hopes and dreams

lets hope it happens

I didn't know we had the tie breaker on Baltimore.

I don't understand how tbe Dolphins can beat the Pats so often. Brady must hate the heat...

Squish the fish!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know we had the tie breaker on Baltimore.

I don't understand how tbe Dolphins can beat the Pats so often. Brady must hate the heat...

Squish the fish!

I honestly think the Patriots had their focus on the Steelers and they opted to focus more on that game than the Dolphins because it was a short week between the two games

either way we did it, we officially ended the Dolphins season and we couldn't have done it without our favorite man

B8tyIpLCAAA5Jgh.jpg

This guy right here did us the favor of throwing us not one, not two but three arm punts today!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for our own playoff hopes, it's really nice to finally be in the race this late in the year...even if it's because most of the teams in the AFC suck...unfortunately we are screwed

Our remaining games
@ Patriots
@ Dolphins

Baltimore's
Colts
Bengals

Titans
Rams
Jaguars

Chargers
@ Jets
Raiders

Chiefs
Dolphins
@ Broncos

So we're the only team in the race that has a guaranteed loss, it also really doesn't help that Baltimore who is behind us in the pecking order right now basically has two guaranteed wins to get in, I mean they would have to gag this thing horribly

Titans at least have two tough games and they're falling apart thanks to their awful secondary and Mariota playing through an injury, still they may catch the Jaguars not playing for anything

Chargers are a game behind but they have a guaranteed win next week, and if the Raiders keep playing like this there's another guaranteed win

Chiefs stopped their collapse and the Dolphins are likely to quit next week, I think they're in if they win that

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for our own playoff hopes, it's really nice to finally be in the race this late in the year...even if it's because most of the teams in the AFC suck...unfortunately we are screwed

Our remaining games
@ Patriots
@ Dolphins

Baltimore's
Colts
Bengals

Titans
Rams
Jaguars

Chargers
@ Jets
Raiders

Chiefs
Dolphins
@ Broncos

So we're the only team in the race that has a guaranteed loss, it also really doesn't help that Baltimore who is behind us in the pecking order right now basically has two guaranteed wins to get in, I mean they would have to gag this thing horribly

Titans at least have two tough games and they're falling apart thanks to their awful secondary and Mariota playing through an injury, still they may catch the Jaguars not playing for anything

Chargers are a game behind but they have a guaranteed win next week, and if the Raiders keep playing like this there's another guaranteed win

Chiefs stopped their collapse and the Dolphins are likely to quit next week, I think they're in if they win that
The bills are sort of screwed, as in if the other teams that they're competing with do what they're supposed to do then they're the odd team out, and frankly that shouldn't be surprising for bills fans

But you say Los Angeles has a "guaranteed win" next week and while the jets have lost a few in a row, the chargers having to go on the road to cold NYJ after an awful loss on national tv is not a "guaranteed win" in my book.

Your opening is if Buffalo splits, LAC loses that game against the jets. That's your chance and THAT I don't think is so unlikely to happen as you say it is. Not to mention the raiders despite being done are capable of playing very well in any given game as we saw last year and in divisional football anything can happen, even when one team is playing for nothing. Bills fans of all people should know this from 2015 and the jets lol!

Overall you're in trouble, but not as in trouble as I think you think you are. It is the bills, so the worst will happen of course and tennessee will win out or something absurd, but from a probability standpoint, it shouldn't take a miracle as you seem to think it would require.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bills are sort of screwed, as in if the other teams that they're competing with do what they're supposed to do then they're the odd team out, and frankly that shouldn't be surprising for bills fans

But you say Los Angeles has a "guaranteed win" next week and while the jets have lost a few in a row, the chargers having to go on the road to cold NYJ after an awful loss on national tv is not a "guaranteed win" in my book.

Your opening is if Buffalo splits, LAC loses that game against the jets. That's your chance and THAT I don't think is so unlikely to happen as you say it is. Not to mention the raiders despite being done are capable of playing very well in any given game as we saw last year and in divisional football anything can happen, even when one team is playing for nothing. Bills fans of all people should know this from 2015 and the jets lol!

Overall you're in trouble, but not as in trouble as I think you think you are. It is the bills, so the worst will happen of course and tennessee will win out or something absurd, but from a probability standpoint, it shouldn't take a miracle as you seem to think it would require.

I mean normally it wouldn't be, but the Jets are currently stuck with Bryce Petty at QB....and he is just awful, with him starting the Jets are only slightly better than the Browns

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean normally it wouldn't be, but the Jets are currently stuck with Bryce Petty at QB....and he is just awful, with him starting the Jets are only slightly better than the Browns
Until the very end of the game the jets were sort of hanging in there with New Orleans last week in NOLA and the saints are orders of magnitude better than the chargers. I think it's not a ridiculous proposition to ask that someone beats LAC in the next two games.

Hell, I remember back in 2009 Denver needed to win in the last week of the season to make the playoffs (they had started the year 6-0 and had collapsed so far that they still needed week 17 to get in). Their formula was to win and then they needed NYJ to lose the Sunday Night game which would happen after they played (although NYJ won, so it was a moot point anyway). Instead of winning they got completely blown out by a putrid Kansas City team 44-24 and it was the arrival onto the scene of a bright young star running back named Jamaal Charles who rushed for 259 yards.

I'm not saying that will necessarily happen to the Chargers but first, going to NY at this time of year for a southwestern team is not ideal, and second, Oakland is not only a divisional opponent who knows them but also has the skillset to beat them if they decide they care about doing that.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not holding my breath, but this game is the biggest of Tyrod's career. Can he forced the Bills to think twice about him?

Like I said, not holding my breath.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope all of you had a Merry Christmas yesterday