• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Roster

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence is listed at 270 after being drafted at 251, and that's before the fat boy pictures put now where he looks at least 290. Maybe he is trying to move inside? Lol.

Will he be ready for otas or training camp?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Who knows who will win the spot next to Jones, but right now we have 3 guys to fight for it and I suspect we will add at least one or two more by the time we hit the preseason games (maybe one relatively early pick and another vet FA or UDFA:noidea:).

yep The SS starting the season hopefully will be from Connecticut, NC, Texas A&M,

hey a fan can hope

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence is listed at 270 after being drafted at 251, and that's before the fat boy pictures put now where he looks at least 290. Maybe he is trying to move inside? Lol.

Will he be ready for otas or training camp?
At some point the truth will come out. I'm not the slightest bit worried. I wonder how much weight his frame can hold. A little bigger can be a good thing depending on the player and how much a "little bigger" is.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point the truth will come out. I'm not the slightest bit worried. I wonder how much weight his frame can hold. A little bigger can be a good thing depending on the player and how much a "little bigger" is.

Not even the slightest bit worried?

How much explosion is sacrificed with added weight? Lawrence didn't look very good playing at a heavier weight last year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even the slightest bit worried?

How much explosion is sacrificed with added weight? Lawrence didn't look very good playing at a heavier weight last year.
Absolutely not. I'm not going to worry based on those pictures. Talk to me once camp starts and we hear he isn't the same player and I'll start worrying. He didn't look that bad in the one pic that showed some skin anyway. Who knows where those came from or what was done to them

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. I'm not going to worry based on those pictures. Talk to me once camp starts and we hear he isn't the same player and I'll start worrying. He didn't look that bad in the one pic that showed some skin anyway. Who knows where those came from or what was done to them

Fair enough regarding the pictures. His play and back injuries are concerning enough that we don't need to be worried over some photos.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough regarding the pictures. His play and back injuries are concerning enough that we don't need to be worried over some photos.
He is the best chance we have for a top pass rusher on the roster right now. All of our guys have warts, so if you guys don't feel confident in him you must hate the possibilities of everyone else on the DL. Me, I think the kid is good and think his injury was a problem last year and think he has potential to get 8 plus sacks.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the best chance we have for a top pass rusher on the roster right now. All of our guys have warts, so if you guys don't feel confident in him you must hate the possibilities of everyone else on the DL. Me, I think the kid is good and think his injury was a problem last year and think he has potential to get 8 plus sacks.

Ya know I might argue that David Irving might be the best chance but I have had 3 beers and wont stay at Holiday Inn Express till tomorrow night :suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know I might argue that David Irving might be the best chance but I have had 3 beers and wont stay at Holiday Inn Express till tomorrow night :suds:
I love the potential and think he can take a big step forward but he may just be the most inconsistent player on the team. He didn't disappear for a few series at a time, he disappeared for a month. He based his point on "play" so if you are looking at that you cannot put Irving above Lawrence right now. Might it happen? Sure it could. Kid was dominant in spurts. He is one of my pet favorites on this team and the defensive player other than Smith that I most look forward to watching this preseason. Cautiously optimistic that he can make a ton of progress this year and be the guy we saw in spurts for most of the year. He looks like he could have one of the highest ceilings on the team, but his floor is pretty low right now too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Ash still on the team? I'm obviously not expecting too much out of the guy, but I find it strange that no matter how many articles I read I don't see any one of them mention his name even when they go like 10 - 12 guys deep. He can fill a role as he is our only massive guy. Now odds are he won't make the final 53, but he is there now. At least throw the guy a bone and list him:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this was an option, but why decide it now before you see if Green or Bell steps up at Tackle. I know Bell and Cooper are options at Guard, but what makes them Think someone is more likely to step up at Guard? I would be surprised if the team is already planning on moving Collins and if they were, not sure why they let Leary go so easily. If they wanted him they could have afforded him. I think this could go back and forth a couple of times before the season starts.

The Cowboys plan to use La'El Collins at right tackle this season.

Collins was a left guard in his first two NFL seasons, but he played tackle at LSU and is needed there following Doug Free's retirement. The Cowboys don't trust 2015 third-round pick Chaz Green to man the position full time. Of course, left guard is now a concern after Ronald Leary left in free agency. There's a good chance Dallas' offensive line won't be quite as dominant this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this was an option, but why decide it now before you see if Green or Bell steps up at Tackle. I know Bell and Cooper are options at Guard, but what makes them Think someone is more likely to step up at Guard? I would be surprised if the team is already planning on moving Collins and if they were, not sure why they let Leary go so easily. If they wanted him they could have afforded him. I think this could go back and forth a couple of times before the season starts.

Collins was a left guard in his first two NFL seasons, but he played tackle at LSU and is needed there following Doug Free's retirement. The Cowboys don't trust 2015 third-round pick Chaz Green to man the position full time. Of course, left guard is now a concern after Ronald Leary left in free agency. There's a good chance Dallas' offensive line won't be quite as dominant this year.
I think a big factor is Jonathan Cooper. He's a guy with a lot of talent, who may finally be healthy and in the right scheme fit. The Cowboys have always been about getting the best five guys on the field

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going with my same thought process I have with the DB's, I want the best combination available playing, if that means Collins at RT so be it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with my same thought process I have with the DB's, I want the best combination available playing, if that means Collins at RT so be it.
Of course. We should always do that everywhere

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a big factor is Jonathan Cooper. He's a guy with a lot of talent, who may finally be healthy and in the right scheme fit. The Cowboys have always been about getting the best five guys on the field
The Cowboys will give Jonathan Cooper the first crack to win their left guard vacancy.

Traded by the Cardinals, then cut by the Patriots and Browns, Cooper is on his fourth team in the last calendar year. Suddenly being thrust into a starting job is a big ask. Left guard is the weakest position on Dallas' offens
e.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, looks like the goal definitely is for Collins to play RT. I like the idea, but it's the timing that I find interesting. Personally I would have practiced him there last year and looked into starting the year with Free as swing Tackle. I think both he and Leary are better. So i am cautiously optimistic. I'm just worried about LG. I guess having your weak link (if it turns out that way) in between Smith and Frederick isn't a bad idea and the ycan always keep him at LG if that is how it shakes out...

La'el Collins Working At Right Tackle During Cowboys' Offseason Program
Sunday, May 07, 2017 10:39 PM CDT
FRISCO, Texas – It has long been speculated about, but it now appears official that you can throw La’el Collins’ name into the right tackle conversation.

Speaking to reporters on Sunday evening, Collins confirmed as much, acknowledging that Cowboys coach Jason Garrett and the Dallas coaching staff want him to work at the vacant right tackle spot.

“I’ve talked to Coach about it, and he just told me that going into it, that’s where he wants me to be,” Collins said. “He wants me to give it my all and we’ll see where it goes. So that’s what we’re going to do.”

Collins has been considered a candidate at right tackle from the time he signed with the Cowboys back in 2015. But with veteran starter Doug Free retiring earlier this spring, the speculation has grown considerably. Collins started two years at left tackle during his college career, making him a natural to return to the outside during this year’s offseason program.

“I actually forgot how good it felt to be out on the edge – to be out there on that island,” Collins said. “Right now, we’re not doing too much, we’re just kind of working plays against air and that’s about it. But it feels good.”

As Collins said, the Cowboys are currently in Phase II of their offseason program – which doesn’t allow for the offense and defense to work against each other. With that in mind, it’s a little early to get a clear idea of how they might shuffle their offensive line in 2017.

In addition to Collins, the Cowboys still have Chaz Green – who they drafted No. 92 overall in 2015, and who has battled injury issues over the past two years. They also signed veteran tackle Byron Bell to add depth earlier in the offseason.

“I think it’s good competition. We’re just going to keep working, man,” Collins said.

Regardless of how it shakes out, it’s still interesting to think Collins could be moving to the right side – given that the Cowboys have long expressed a desire to keep him at left guard. If he does in fact move back outside, the offensive line also has Jonathan Cooper and Joe Looney, who can help account for the loss of Ron Leary during free agency.

Having sat out the majority of the 2016 season with a toe injury, Collins said he’s just happy to be getting back to work. The third-year veteran is playing with metal plates in his cleats for protection, and he said he’s in as good a shape as he’s been in since he entered the NFL.

Wherever the Cowboys decide to line him up in 2017, Collins said he’ll be ready.

“I really feel like I can play anywhere,” he said. “Just with the mentality of, I don’t care where I’m at – whoever is in front of me, I’m going to move them off the ball. That’s the way it’s going to be done, and that’s how I feel.”

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some of the guys out there for a good cause