• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They game was crazy. I loved the game. It was my first time ever seeing the stadium with the checkerboard," Gibbs explained. The atmosphere itself is just crazy. The fans were going crazy every second of the game. It was just a great atmosphere."

"It was fun. When you watch as a high school team you're just in there watching film," Gibbs explained. "But, doing it with coach Jancek he was breaking it down detail by detail. He knows everything about what's going on. He knew what the offense was going to run but the defense just didn't execute on certain plays. I really believe that if they executed on those certain plays it really wouldn't even have been close. But, Oklahoma had a good quarterback. He was getting out of the pocket and scrambling. "But, like coach Jancek said, if you just stick to the main things, the simple things, the intangibles, it would work. That's what he was trying to explain to me. It was really fun."

The Orange Carpet Day especially sticks out to Gibbs as a fun and memorable trip. "That was amazing because when we first walked into Orange Carpet it was a dark room and I thought I went the wrong way and was in the wrong room," Gibbs said laughing. "Then, the lights came on and a DJ was there, it was cool. "That was actually the longest I've stayed on any campus. I was there for like 12 hours. That's the longest I've stayed on any campus."

"I honestly like Tennessee like I like everyone else. It's kind of hard to say where they stand with me because I don't have a top five or top 10, "Gibbs said. "But, Tennessee is going to always be in my book because it's a great school with great potential and I like them a lot.

"I like the atmosphere of the game and every time I go it's a new experience. Also, I know a lot of guys on the team and have a lot of connections up there. I know some of the students that go there, too. Plus, it's not that far down the road, either."
-Rivals

Deangelo Gibbs - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top-100 junior running back from Clinton (Miss.) High School said he’s scheduled to visit Tennessee on Saturday for its home game against Georgia, and he’s looking forward to returning there for the third time in less than a year and giving his mother her first look at the Vols.

“Tennessee is definitely a place that’s still floating around. Of course, I am a commit to Alabama, but I do like Tennessee a lot,” said Akers, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 53 overall prospect and No. 5 running back in the 247Sports Composite for the 2017 class.

"My mom has never been, so she wanted to get up and see what it was like. We’re going to go up there and check it out. They have great facilities, great coaches,” Akers said. "Me and Coach G (running backs coach Robert Gillespie) have a really strong relationship, and he has a strong relationship with my parents, also. I’m just looking forward to watching a good game, having a good time and just them showing me a good time — me and my parents."

“Even with me being committed, they’re still recruiting me hard. (Gillespie) asked me if I wanted them to continue recruiting me, and I told him, ‘Yeah.’ And he has been, and we have developed a great relationship throughout this process.”

“I definitely like Tennessee a lot — a whole lot,” he said. “I mean, the facilities, they’re phenomenal. The coaches are, also. When I went, I felt at home there. The coaches made me feel at home — all of the coaches. I met all of them, and they really made me feel at home. And they make you want to do something positive.”

“Of course, I’m committed to ‘Bama, but I’m keeping an open mind,” Akers said. “Teams will still recruit me, and I’ll still pay attention to other teams. It’s not just officially closed out. Teams are still recruiting me, and I’ll listen, I guess. I’ll still listen and see what other schools have to offer.”

Cam Akers - Yahoo! Sports