• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Pirates

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams and Kuhl are really turning their seasons around. If they can keep it up, we could get hot.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neal Huntington this shit is painful. You stood by and made no significant moves to help this team in areas that needs to be addressed. Our pitching staff continue to have a penchant to give up HR's, a leaky def and a team that continues to have problems scoring runs. Even no name pitchers have success against us. What's so sad about this season is that the central division is there for the taking. Yet our Pirates have shown overwhelming that they are unfit to capitalize on the opportunity to win the NL division in 2017.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neal Huntington this shit is painful. You stood by and made no significant moves to help this team in areas that needs to be addressed. Our pitching staff continue to have a penchant to give up HR's, a leaky def and a team that continues to have problems scoring runs. Even no name pitchers have success against us. What's so sad about this season is that the central division is there for the taking. Yet our Pirates have shown overwhelming that they are unfit to capitalize on the opportunity to win the NL division in 2017.

Sadly if this last losing streak was a winning streak they would be a half game out of first.
Truly is sad but the writing on the wall happened early in the year:
1. Kang's issues
2. Marte Suspension
3. Glasnow sucked

Instead of trying to make a push he decided on the wait 'til next year approach with the only move bringing back Rodriguez. :L
Sadly there is no telling if McCutchen will produce again so we all know he is gone this offseason (sell high).
Truthfully they should do the same with Josh Harrison.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could have gotten something for him.. weird if true
Yep and he was claimed by of all teams the Phillies!? There is no value add for him there other than to protect young starters if they get called up.

Just baffled by this move, by the Pirates, because they could have received any warm body for him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and he was claimed by of all teams the Phillies!? There is no value add for him there other than to protect young starters if they get called up.

Just baffled by this move, by the Pirates, because they could have received any warm body for him.

They tried revocable waivers, and a league rival claimed him and offered something crappy, so they pulled him back, at the time assessing keeping him as the better option.

I think they wanted to free up innings for guys who will definitely have a shot to be here next year, while giving Nicasio a chance to play for a contender. Unfortunately, the Phillies snagged him, and then flipped him to the Cardinals (of all teams why?), but after August 31, so he still won't get to play in the playoffs.

It was a bit of a risk in a way, but we didn't really miss out on much. The only way we get a decent return for him is if we'd been sellers before the non-waiver deadline. As exciting as that four game sweep of the Brewers was, it really hurt the Bucs in terms of picking a firm direction for the team.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tried revocable waivers, and a league rival claimed him and offered something crappy, so they pulled him back, at the time assessing keeping him as the better option.

I think they wanted to free up innings for guys who will definitely have a shot to be here next year, while giving Nicasio a chance to play for a contender. Unfortunately, the Phillies snagged him, and then flipped him to the Cardinals (of all teams why?), but after August 31, so he still won't get to play in the playoffs.

It was a bit of a risk in a way, but we didn't really miss out on much. The only way we get a decent return for him is if we'd been sellers before the non-waiver deadline. As exciting as that four game sweep of the Brewers was, it really hurt the Bucs in terms of picking a firm direction for the team.

Yeah I read that just yesterday and makes perfect sense now. At the time, to me, it was very odd.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our draft pick keeps getting better :P

A month ago, I was thinking give it one more go with Cutch and Cole and see where we are next summer.

I've changed my mind.... trade Cutch for what we can get, and Cole if we can get a good haul. If not, see what his trade value is next July.