• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5'10
i work out 5-6 days a week
Makes more sense... For some reason I thought you were taller. I was about to call you a bean pole for being so lightweight! lol

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes more sense... For some reason I thought you were taller. I was about to call you a bean pole for being so lightweight! lol
lol no im thin in the waist, and cut.......trying to tack on 5-10 lbs of muscle, slowly....im already cut, but want a bit more on the shoulders/chest......

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS, @SteelersPride , @Psych-Ward, et al

Gary Barnidge was foolishly released (imo) by the Browns...the Steelers screwed the pooch in the draft and did not take a TE. You know the names already so I won't mention all of them, but I think it's safe to say that Jesse James is the most reliable player they have at the position.

Sign the man!!

Does this not make sense?..imo even if it meant releasing Green, I sign this guy. With Ben, he's pro bowl material again.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gary Barnidge was foolishly released (imo) by the Browns...the Steelers screwed the pooch in the draft and did not take a TE. You know the names already so I won't mention all of them, but I think it's safe to say that Jesse James is the most reliable player they have at the position.

Sign the man!!

Does this not make sense?..imo even if it meant releasing Green, I sign this guy. With Ben, he's pro bowl material again.
The Browns better be sure their new rookie TE won't do something stupid...like....oh I don't know....wreak their motorcycle in preseason and wreak their knee.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sad to see Severin go... But Smith-Schuster is everything I loved about him, but a lot better. Also had a feeling that Shabazz was going to have a tough time making the 53 again.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sign the man!!

Hell yea sign him. I'd drop DJ or Grimble for the 53 roster spot. But for the 90-man roster, I'd drop some long-shot to make room and let it provide competition for the TE group. Mike Hilton? Marcus Tucker? Dez Stewart?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yea sign him. I'd drop DJ or Grimble for the 53 roster spot. But for the 90-man roster, I'd drop some long-shot to make room and let it provide competition for the TE group. Mike Hilton? Marcus Tucker? Dez Stewart?

He was in the Green range in terms of salary if I'm not mistaken...imo he's a 750+ yd player in this OFC so I'd be looking at him in lieu of Green because of the money and production. The Steelers are not going to release Green, but to get this level of talent in his place, I would release him because of his uncertainty to be available to play.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sign the man!!

I haven't even looked into this, but for the tussle you and I had about Green and for you to say this....I have to believe without a doubt its the move to make.

I just don't get why Double J has not been a bigger commodity with Ben. I mean Jesse and Heath are pretty close in stature, and understanding that Jesse made a couple of key drops that Heath wouldn't have.... But Jesse is also still in the early stages of his career and will only get better. I think the Ben and Heath being buddies may go deeper than we all realize, or they know something we don't.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was in the Green range in terms of salary if I'm not mistaken...imo he's a 750+ yd player in this OFC so I'd be looking at him in lieu of Green because of the money and production. The Steelers are not going to release Green, but to get this level of talent in his place, I would release him because of his uncertainty to be available to play.

And if they would of played this a little better, right now it wouldn't of cost us anything.

But hind sight is 20/20

Sad part with Green is, his next shot to the head could be his last.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if they would of played this a little better, right now it wouldn't of cost us anything.

But hind sight is 20/20

Sad part with Green is, his next shot to the head could be his last.
Tough to tell the impact that Barnidge would have. It could easily go either way. But I would like his chances.

Green... If I were Haley I would limit his usage. Its great to think about the offense with him on the field and all, but considering they have Marty B & Smith-Schuster now... They have a plethora of options to expose defenses so its not really necessary to keep him on the field ~90% of snaps. Green would definitely keep the safeties off of AB & Marty B though. Haley can mix & match all game long, but the offense still goes through Bell first.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't even looked into this, but for the tussle you and I had about Green and for you to say this....I have to believe without a doubt its the move to make.

I just don't get why Double J has not been a bigger commodity with Ben. I mean Jesse and Heath are pretty close in stature, and understanding that Jesse made a couple of key drops that Heath wouldn't have.... But Jesse is also still in the early stages of his career and will only get better. I think the Ben and Heath being buddies may go deeper than we all realize, or they know something we don't.

Green...it was short and sweet, but the little that we saw of him, I'm convinced he's a difference maker on this team...IF he could be counted on to play every week. That's the big caveat here, the guy is just a big question mark. His last game played was DEC 18, here we are in early May, nearly 5 mos later and his physical status is still unknown. They don't even know if he'll be ready for OTA or even week 1.

I don't blame Green, he can help it, but the reality is, the train keeps moving, and there's a good possibility that he won't be on the train....a much better chance that Barnidge would be.

JJ...In the 5 games they played after Green went down including the playoffs, he got 5, 3, 2, 6, and 7 passes thrown his way as the #1 TE. So when they needed him the most, in 3 of the 5 games Ben threw it his way 5 or less times. I agree he's still developing, but something is missing there that I'm not sure they are going to find this season. At 6'7", 250+ I don't understand why he's not getting 5+ attempts in the RZ alone every game. I think they view JJ as a pc of the OFC, not a big time playmaker.

Juju...The fact they did not have much urgency for the position in the draft, and they don't know much about Green's status, I'm starting to feel they are going to try use him as a bigger Hines Ward, or an Anquan Boldin type...a guy in between the hash marks that has some RAC ability in lieu of a TE.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to tell the impact that Barnidge would have. It could easily go either way. But I would like his chances.

Green... If I were Haley I would limit his usage. Its great to think about the offense with him on the field and all, but considering they have Marty B & Smith-Schuster now... They have a plethora of options to expose defenses so its not really necessary to keep him on the field ~90% of snaps. Green would definitely keep the safeties off of AB & Marty B though. Haley can mix & match all game long, but the offense still goes through Bell first.

Barnidge...I'm probably higher on him than most, but his skill set suggests to me that with a QB like Ben and getting 80-90 targets a season, he's a weapon maybe right underneath Green's capability.

I do think with MB back, he's going to get 3 to 4 deep balls a game in addition to another 3 to 4 targets, and the way I think they're going to use Juju inside the hash marks, it will reduce the need for Green, but I guess part of me just wants to move on from Green altogether now given that he's still not really cleared. If the doctors still have concerns about him 5 mos later and it appears that they are, isn't it really in his best interest to give up football.

I know the money is large, but he seems to be walking the tight rope without a net under him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnidge...I'm probably higher on him than most, but his skill set suggests to me that with a QB like Ben and getting 80-90 targets a season, he's a weapon maybe right underneath Green's capability.

I do think with MB back, he's going to get 3 to 4 deep balls a game in addition to another 3 to 4 targets, and the way I think they're going to use Juju inside the hash marks, it will reduce the need for Green, but I guess part of me just wants to move on from Green altogether now given that he's still not really cleared. If the doctors still have concerns about him 5 mos later and it appears that they are, isn't it really in his best interest to give up football.

I know the money is large, but he seems to be walking the tight rope without a net under him.
Wait, is Green really still not cleared? I don't quite recall the last tidbits that I read on him this offseason. I remember a few months ago something about him getting cleared, or maybe it was "close to getting cleared". But if he's still not then why the hell is he hesitating? He should retire before he winds up a vegetable. Apologies if that offends, but damn. That's not something he should be risking.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read what @ATL96Steeler thinks and be done with your doubts......

:suds:

:lol: