• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NFL Salary Cap Draft: CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where does everyone come off on this kneeling for the anthem mess? I think it's BS. What if I walked into a church tomorrow that had thousands of people, and when the Reverend says ''bow your heads and pray'', I jump up and start singing California Love. Then I explain that I'm disrupting prayer because of whatever fill in the blank cause you want...and then I tell everyone in attendance that from now on, instead of kneeling in prayer, they have to stand and sing as well or they are a liar and a racist...how fucking absurd is that? I heard all day of talk radio Thursday that the entire crowd for the Green Bay game would lock arms...hardly anyone did. Instead of kneeling for the Anthem, how about NFL players refuse post game interviews as peaceful protest. Of course, they would be fined if they did, but then they could publicly ask the NFL to donate that money to Black Lives Matter and challenge them to match each donation. Oh, wait, there's a problem with that, they'd have to put their money where their mouth is..

First off, California Love is a great song! I have not watched even one minute of NFL football this year because of this bullshit. I have no problem with NFL players protesting even though they are protesting something that is based on a lie my only issue is when they are doing it.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Devil? Did he go down to Georgia?

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, California Love is a great song! I have not watched even one minute of NFL football this year because of this bullshit. I have no problem with NFL players protesting even though they are protesting something that is based on a lie my only issue is when they are doing it.
100%. So you're choices are kneel for the National Anthem or you are a liar and a racist. We just saw the media try and force a Presidential candidate down the nation's throat, how did that work out? It was the same crap, either you vote for Clinton...or you are an ignorant racist. They went so far in treating Trump unfairly that they ended up getting him the job in an election he would have otherwise lost.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll say this... I don't think it's the same in terms of the analogy you used UK... taking a knee has been used before to make the same statement... I do think it's been taken out of control though... it shouldn't be something that makes something you're whole team, or people in the stands feel obligated to do or they get labeled racist... I do however agree with Nos... if you want to show someone your honest about it and want to show your true feelings, protest the game... catch the "blue flu" one week for all of those guys who want to show how they feel... that would have a an impact, and tell the owners that are taking the knee to give those victims true victims, like John Crawford who was shot and killed for standing in Walmart holding one of there are rifles off there shelf minding his business when someone aloes the cops and said he was walking around threatening people with a real gun... or Tamir Rice where the cops rolled up and shot him because they made the mistake of getting to close to him while playing with a toy gun... or Fernando Castillo who was killed after announcing he had a gun but was not reaching for it but for his wallet as the officer asked... and so on... there is a problem IMO still to this day with racial injustice... it is disproportionately aimed at Black and Brown communities and there is published data to back that up... I know the argument is if they committed the crime you have to arrest them and I while heartedly agree, but when you search one area harder than the other you're going to find what you're looking for there more often... end of the day though, to answer your question I think it started out with good intentions but I think it's gone out of hand and it's now "cool" as opposed to having meaning... apparently they are taking it out of high school games out here so nobody has to chose which is a choice in itself... I'd prefer it stopped myself... :2cents:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll say this... I don't think it's the same in terms of the analogy you used UK... taking a knee has been used before to make the same statement... I do think it's been taken out of control though... it shouldn't be something that makes something you're whole team, or people in the stands feel obligated to do or they get labeled racist... I do however agree with Nos... if you want to show someone your honest about it and want to show your true feelings, protest the game... catch the "blue flu" one week for all of those guys who want to show how they feel... that would have a an impact, and tell the owners that are taking the knee to give those victims true victims, like John Crawford who was shot and killed for standing in Walmart holding one of there are rifles off there shelf minding his business when someone aloes the cops and said he was walking around threatening people with a real gun... or Tamir Rice where the cops rolled up and shot him because they made the mistake of getting to close to him while playing with a toy gun... or Fernando Castillo who was killed after announcing he had a gun but was not reaching for it but for his wallet as the officer asked... and so on... there is a problem IMO still to this day with racial injustice... it is disproportionately aimed at Black and Brown communities and there is published data to back that up... I know the argument is if they committed the crime you have to arrest them and I while heartedly agree, but when you search one area harder than the other you're going to find what you're looking for there more often... end of the day though, to answer your question I think it started out with good intentions but I think it's gone out of hand and it's now "cool" as opposed to having meaning... apparently they are taking it out of high school games out here so nobody has to chose which is a choice in itself... I'd prefer it stopped myself... :2cents:
I respect your opinion Bro, but I think it's the exact same thing... The reason it seems different is that it would be totally offensive to you...well, taking a knee during the anthem is offensive to me, and being called a racist because I choose to stand is even more offensive. Question...why didn't anyone kneel on 9/11? Because those guys know what 9/11 means in regards to the flag, so they knew better....except there are many in this country who feel that way about the flag every day of the year

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinion Bro, but I think it's the exact same thing... The reason it seems different is that it would be totally offensive to you...well, taking a knee during the anthem is offensive to me, and being called a racist because I choose to stand is even more offensive. Question...why didn't anyone kneel on 9/11? Because those guys know what 9/11 means in regards to the flag, so they knew better....except there are many in this country who feel that way about the flag every day of the year

I also respect that... but I've seen many ex-military say that it's the right of every individual to express themselves even taking the knee... I still stand by the thought there are more effective ways to go about their protests, but I wouldn't want them to do as I say, or it's basically what you're saying in that "you protest like this or you hate America"... I just feel it's gotten out of hand in that it's way too easy now to make your big check, and say look "I'm down"... Ray Lewis is a huge joke to me for what he did... he went out and took 2 knees to give himself a built in excuse of why he took the knee while also trying to show he's "down"... just let it be... you shouldn't feel obligated to do something you disagree with, dislike or in fact if you are racist and want to show that... that is all our freedom... but again, you want to impress me, do what Keap did... he basically lost his job and is black balled for this... no he's not Joe Montana or Young, but he's good enough to be on a roster... but he refused/refuses to change his stance and he's still giving his money and time to what he feels is injustice... that's what I respect, this taking a knee now because everyone else is, is a joke imo...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, Kirsten scored me and Dash Redsox/Astro tickets for Thursday and we'll be standing... I'm blessed, I'm living a wonderful life and have great friends and an awesome family... I don't want to be in any other country and I'll show my love, flaws as well as all the greatness our country is... if flaws disqualified people from being loved I'd be out on the streets... I always have and always will believe that if people want better they will be better and after all the stuff that happened during this storm that I've witnessed I can't help but love this country more...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where does everyone come off on this kneeling for the anthem mess? I think it's BS. What if I walked into a church tomorrow that had thousands of people, and when the Reverend says ''bow your heads and pray'', I jump up and start singing California Love. Then I explain that I'm disrupting prayer because of whatever fill in the blank cause you want...and then I tell everyone in attendance that from now on, instead of kneeling in prayer, they have to stand and sing as well or they are a liar and a racist...how fucking absurd is that? I heard all day of talk radio Thursday that the entire crowd for the Green Bay game would lock arms...hardly anyone did. Instead of kneeling for the Anthem, how about NFL players refuse post game interviews as peaceful protest. Of course, they would be fined if they did, but then they could publicly ask the NFL to donate that money to Black Lives Matter and challenge them to match each donation. Oh, wait, there's a problem with that, they'd have to put their money where their mouth is..

i hate politics in a non political situation(like sports)... there should be no politics in sports... BUT the problem is not the protest, the problem is how everyone is making such a big deal of it... if it was just ignored, then who would care??

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also respect that... but I've seen many ex-military say that it's the right of every individual to express themselves even taking the knee... I still stand by the thought there are more effective ways to go about their protests, but I wouldn't want them to do as I say, or it's basically what you're saying in that "you protest like this or you hate America"... I just feel it's gotten out of hand in that it's way too easy now to make your big check, and say look "I'm down"... Ray Lewis is a huge joke to me for what he did... he went out and took 2 knees to give himself a built in excuse of why he took the knee while also trying to show he's "down"... just let it be... you shouldn't feel obligated to do something you disagree with, dislike or in fact if you are racist and want to show that... that is all our freedom... but again, you want to impress me, do what Keap did... he basically lost his job and is black balled for this... no he's not Joe Montana or Young, but he's good enough to be on a roster... but he refused/refuses to change his stance and he's still giving his money and time to what he feels is injustice... that's what I respect, this taking a knee now because everyone else is, is a joke imo...
I agree with you totally that it is their right, 100%. What they don't have the right to do is expect everyone else to do it, lest they are a racist

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock Drafts

upload_2017-10-1_11-6-27.jpeg

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, the thing is more white people are killed by cops each year than are black people and by quite a bit. Funny though we never know any of their names but it seems we know all the black peoples names, why is that? Because that's the way it works in this country now, white people dying doesn't sell. Only black people can be a victim.

Why do black lives only matter when shot by a white person but nobody gives a shit when they are shot by a black person?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, the thing is more white people are killed by cops each year than are black people and by quite a bit. Funny though we never know any of their names but it seems we know all the black peoples names, why is that? Because that's the way it works in this country now, white people dying doesn't sell. Only black people can be a victim.

Why do black lives only matter when shot by a white person but nobody gives a shit when they are shot by a black person?
I think what makes those numbers pertinent are the fact that there is a far greater percentage of blacks on prison than whites. This would lead to the conclusion that the deaths have less to do with racial profiling and more to do with training and manpower. As a whole that is. There are cases where there are just bad cops. There are also a lot of cases where the people who are killed are either armed themselves, not following specific instructions, or both

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only problem I have here is Kaepernick was fined for calling another player the "N" word on the field.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted Devil again

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45