• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Minnesota Twins

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You posted a 4 year window in which Marquette underwent a major coaching change?

Convienently made the cut line RIGHT AFTER sweet 16, sweet 16, elite 8. 1 BE regular season title(kinda a second depending on how you look at Cuse having theirs taken). 8 straight tourney appearances.

Pretty convienent.

But yeah, Wojo is laying his foundation. Getting 5 stars to start coming.

Neat! Iowa has done the same thing in the past. Middle of the road program. Sometimes good, sometimes not so much.

With no ties to Marquette, how did you become such a superfan?

Guessing you jumped on the bandwagon during D Wade.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat! Iowa has done the same thing in the past. Middle of the road program. Sometimes good, sometimes not so much.

With no ties to Marquette, how did you become such a superfan?

Guessing you jumped on the bandwagon during D Wade.

Except Marquette is a bonfide top 25 all time program. So yeah, there's that.

Please stop comparing them to Iowa. It really shows you clearly dont follow much hoops and are roughly 15 years old.

You really need to learn the term bandwagon lmao and how to read.

1. I said my whole life. So unless I am 15 that doesn't work. And if you think I am 15 that makes @Nosferatu quite the weirdo.

2. Even if Dwade did draw me in. You can't bandwagon something if it's the only team you root for year after year....and you called Marquette "middle of the road". That typically doesn't apply to "bandwagon".

Just sayin.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please stop comparing them to Iowa. It really shows you clearly dont follow much hoops and are roughly 15 years old.

1. I said my whole life. So unless I am 15 that doesn't work. And if you think I am 15 that makes @Nosferatu quite the weirdo.

2. Even if Dwade did draw me in. You can't bandwagon something if it's the only team you root for year after year....and you called Marquette "middle of the road". That typically doesn't apply to "bandwagon".

Just sayin.

Hey, wait a minute, what the hell, how does that make me a weirdo, we aren't dating!

Oh and what about the Sharks? Fucking bandwagoner!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you believe this summbich is fighting about all this shit and doesn't even have the Twins listed in his top 3... lolzzz not a real fan!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, wait a minute, what the hell, how does that make me a weirdo, we aren't dating!

Oh and what about the Sharks? Fucking bandwagoner!

Our relationship toes some boundaries

Hahaha what about the sharks can you bandwagon??

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You jumped on when the Stars left, well we got hockey back in the state of hockey, it's time to let go of the Sharks!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you believe this summbich is fighting about all this shit and doesn't even have the Twins listed in his top 3... lolzzz not a real fan!

I can't even fire back since you openly admit to bandwagoning OU haha

Twins won 59 games last year with them in my top 3. This is clearly good karma!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You jumped on when the Stars left, well we got hockey back in the state of hockey, it's time to let go of the Sharks!

That would kinda be a bandwagon haha.

Wild are the only team I rep.

I need hockey back so bad

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

at.gif

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even fire back since you openly admit to bandwagoning OU haha

Twins won 59 games last year with them in my top 3. This is clearly good karma!!

I explained the Oklahoma thing!

This is going to seem like i'm making it up but you can axe the other guys in the league. OBX, Ritz, Femur, Meebs, 500. I picked up Buxton September 4th in my fantasy league he then proceeded to go 0 - 18 so I dropped him, he hit a home run the next day! I swear thats a true story.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I explained the Oklahoma thing!

This is going to seem like i'm making it up but you can axe the other guys in the league. OBX, Ritz, Femur, Meebs, 500. I picked up Buxton September 4th in my fantasy league he then proceeded to go 0 - 18 so I dropped him, he hit a home run the next day! I swear thats a true story.

Honestly only have yourself to blame!!!

Shoulda wait for the hockey prediction special.

I saw that Buxton slump buster coming!!!

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just sayin.

LOL googled the Top 25 basketball programs of all time. Rankings on NCAA.com

21 Marquette 366
21 North Carolina State 366
23 Iowa 343
24 Purdue 339

As to my age, my avatar is a pic from the Star Trib of my oldest at CDH.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL googled the Top 25 basketball programs of all time. Rankings on NCAA.com

21 Marquette 366
21 North Carolina State 366
23 Iowa 343
24 Purdue 339

As to my age, my avatar is a pic from the Star Trib of my oldest at CDH.

50 in 50 rankings: Conference breakdowns

Now this was 5 years ago.

1 elite 8, a 1st round loss and 3 missed tournies might drop Marquette a little

But Iowa hasn't done much to improve their standing.

You mentioned Marquette and the 70s(where they were a true blue blood type).

Yet the only thing worth noting for Iowa beyond 1970 is a final 4 in 1980 lol.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 in 50 rankings: Conference breakdowns

Now this was 5 years ago.

1 elite 8, a 1st round loss and 3 missed tournies might drop Marquette a little

But Iowa hasn't done much to improve their standing.

You mentioned Marquette and the 70s(where they were a true blue blood type).

Yet the only thing worth noting for Iowa beyond 1970 is a final 4 in 1980 lol.

So the AP is wrong?

How did you choose to follow Marquette? Throw a dart a map when picking your favorite team?

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to the rest of you for going off topic, just felt like i needed to respond to a Marquette fan calling me out for being a Hawkeye fan.

Go Twins

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the AP is wrong?

How did you choose to follow Marquette? Throw a dart a map when picking your favorite team?

So espn is wrong? It's a bunch of opinions anywhere you look.

Difference is outside of the 1950s nothing has been compiled by Iowa worth noting since the 80s.

Iowa hasn't been to a sweet 16 this damn century.

So ya, if you want to go this century. Marquette far better.

And if you want to go by black and white tv era. Marquette in the 70s was far more dominant then Iowa in the 50s.

And then pro success and the current resources of the schools. It's really not close.

I've lived in the Midwest my whole life. Huge college basketball fan and Marquette was the team I followed.

I'll always support gopher sports for Minnesota loyalty. But as a hockey fan gopher hockey is the only one I really care about.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So espn is wrong? It's a bunch of opinions anywhere you look.

Difference is outside of the 1950s nothing has been compiled by Iowa worth noting since the 80s.

Iowa hasn't been to a sweet 16 this damn century.

So ya, if you want to go this century. Marquette far better.

And if you want to go by black and white tv era. Marquette in the 70s was far more dominant then Iowa in the 50s.

And then pro success and the current resources of the schools. It's really not close.

I've lived in the Midwest my whole life. Huge college basketball fan and Marquette was the team I followed.

I'll always support gopher sports for Minnesota loyalty. But as a hockey fan gopher hockey is the only one I really care about.

The one I posted was based of their average end of the year ranking of all time. Your's appeared to be an opinion piece.

Now, for the first time, the AP is using that data to go past the Top 25 of the moment and ask: what are the top 100 programs of all-time? To determine that, the AP reviewed the weekly polls and counted appearances (1 point) to mark consistency and No. 1 rankings (2 points) to acknowledge elite programs. The results don't factor in national championships because the AP doesn't release a poll after the NCAA Tournament. Still, the teams at the top are a who's who of college basketball royalty.

They are both average programs.

Because you live in the midwest you picked them? lol

You act like Marquette is Duke, Kentucky, or UNC. They are not. They are average, like Iowa

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one I posted was based of their average end of the year ranking of all time. Your's appeared to be an opinion piece.

Now, for the first time, the AP is using that data to go past the Top 25 of the moment and ask: what are the top 100 programs of all-time? To determine that, the AP reviewed the weekly polls and counted appearances (1 point) to mark consistency and No. 1 rankings (2 points) to acknowledge elite programs. The results don't factor in national championships because the AP doesn't release a poll after the NCAA Tournament. Still, the teams at the top are a who's who of college basketball royalty.

They are both average programs.

Because you live in the midwest you picked them? lol

You act like Marquette is Duke, Kentucky, or UNC. They are not. They are average, like Iowa

Wow. Ya you really don't know college basketball.

Duke and Kentucky and UNC are blue bloods.

Marquette is a very good high major program.

Iowa is a middle of the pack program.

The loaded old BE(16 teams...uconn, cuse, UL, Pitt etc..) dominated college basketball. One year getting 3 1 seeds. Another year getting 11/16 teams in.

Marquette was a part of that for 8 seasons. The only team to make the tourney every year was Marquette. The only team to finish 9-9 or better in conference every year was Marquette(the only year they even finished 9-9 was that 11 team year. Still made sweet 16).

They are not an average college basketball program lol. Anyone who follows the sport wil tell you that.

Keep trying. I'll have substantial support to refute you every time.