• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 London games announced

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another year, another round of people whining about games that they weren't going to watch anyways. These teams that are hosting games over there are doing so because they lack exposure and have trouble selling tix at home. It makes good business sense for them, so it's not going anywhere.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand from the business standpoint. It just sucks as a Rams fan, man. We need all the home games we can get.
I'm pretty sure the Rams are stuck doing it because of the deal they made with the NFL when they moved. Kroenke also owns a lot of things in London so maybe thats a factor in this NFL in London thing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, LA will be fine. Eventually. I could see them struggling in the first 3-5 years but long term theyll be fine. They have to erase the failure from the past couple of regimes and actually get a winning team for once.

Keeping Fisher on this year might have set them back about 2-3 years, though, with that Goff trade up. That team isnt going to have much depth moving forward.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, LA will be fine. Eventually. I could see them struggling in the first 3-5 years but long term theyll be fine. They have to erase the failure from the past couple of regimes and actually get a winning team for once.

Keeping Fisher on this year might have set them back about 2-3 years, though, with that Goff trade up. That team isnt going to have much depth moving forward.

Oh I agree that it's not a long term concern. But they definitely anticipated struggles to sell out while they build their palace and rebuild their team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that is probably part of why they are trying so hard to go big for the next coaching hire. I mean names like Gruden, Harbaugh, and even Carroll are being thrown around that they will push hard to get a big name guy to come to town.

I've also seen some saying the Rams job will be the best available option this off season and I guess I"m struggling to see why.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've also seen some saying the Rams job will be the best available option this off season and I guess I"m struggling to see why.
People are blinded by the potential of the stars but the NFL is often about depth and trenches. Snead drafted some super high upside players but someone actually has to develop Greg Robinson and Tavon Austin and Todd Gurley and Goff.

Instead you're looking at passes to Kenny Bricks-for-Hands and Brian Not-Very-Quick and lots of offensive holding penalties and sloppy play. Factor in a older fanbase that demands smashmouth football and a newer fanbase that demands winning and...yeah...

Its basically the Jets job on crack.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are blinded by the potential of the stars but the NFL is often about depth and trenches. Snead drafted some super high upside players but someone actually has to develop Greg Robinson and Tavon Austin and Todd Gurley and Goff.

Instead you're looking at passes to Kenny Bricks-for-Hands and Brian Not-Very-Quick and lots of offensive holding penalties and sloppy play. Factor in a older fanbase that demands smashmouth football and a newer fanbase that demands winning and...yeah...

Its basically the Jets job on crack.

Yeah that is how I see it too. Definitely some big name players you can build around but just not great lineups on both sides of the ball and depth is lacking. I guess the job all depends on your view of Goff. If you think he will be a star in this league then that job looks great. If you don't think he will develop into that type of QB then the lack of draft picks because of the trade and bad roster is not for everyone.

The one that will be intriguing to me if it happens is the Colts. Someone will get excited about working with Luck and helping him continue to develop but again a roster void of talent that needs completely rebuilt. Some pieces to work around but not an easy assignment.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda like it when my team goes to London as long as they're not using our home game. A true road game just went to a neutral site game and in some cases a home game depending on the crowd

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is probably part of why they are trying so hard to go big for the next coaching hire. I mean names like Gruden, Harbaugh, and even Carroll are being thrown around that they will push hard to get a big name guy to come to town.

I smell a Josh McDaniels interview upcoming, especially after they win the Super Bowl.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God the Packers don't have to play there

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell a Josh McDaniels interview upcoming, especially after they win the Super Bowl.

Well they would most likely interview him during the Bye Week of the playoffs. And yeah that shouldn't shock anybody that McDaniels would get a call. He already has connections in the organization from his time as OC. He will be one of the most sought after Coordinators in the league. And my guess is the Rams will want an offensive minded guy to work with Goff and develop him. McDaniels fits quite a few of the criteria I'm sure they will have set up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they would most likely interview him during the Bye Week of the playoffs. And yeah that shouldn't shock anybody that McDaniels would get a call. He already has connections in the organization from his time as OC. He will be one of the most sought after Coordinators in the league. And my guess is the Rams will want an offensive minded guy to work with Goff and develop him. McDaniels fits quite a few of the criteria I'm sure they will have set up.
I dont know. The only TE on the roster is Lance Kendricks who McDaniels probably handpicked himself and he is pretty terrible. McDaniels might still have nightmares towards his biggest failure so far in the NFL - trying to rescue the Rams offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. The only TE on the roster is Lance Kendricks who McDaniels probably handpicked himself and he is pretty terrible. McDaniels might still have nightmares towards his biggest failure so far in the NFL - trying to rescue the Rams offense.

Not saying it is a perfect opportunity but really most HC openings are not great situations. The coaches are being fired for a reason. So have to work to build up the program. Rarely do we see a team full of talent fire the HC. John Fox comes to mind and I think Marty S from the Chargers if I am remembering my history correct but usually they are a team that is bottom-10 in the league.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The London Games make no sense. For the entire West Coast, those games start at 0630 Sunday morning.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The London Games make no sense. For the entire West Coast, those games start at 0630 Sunday morning.

They only started that last year for the first time I believe. From what I heard they're going back to the 1 PM EST/10 AM PST with all the other games next year