• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell. That TB serious may have been the toughest series I've ever had to watch. Detroit should have came out dressed in clown suits. At least then the comedy of errors would have been appropriate.

I can say -- I now understand why no one goes to watch TB. That dome makes the game unwatchable. Lost ball after lost ball in the dome roof. Crazy bounces. Guys running into each other. SS tripping over his own feet to give the game away. What a disaster that series was.

That place reminds me of trying to play baseball in my friends basement as a kid. It pretty much went like that, only I was 8 or 9.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ a Rays fan distracting the Tigers outfielders. Speaks measures of just how shitty the attendance at Tropicana is if players can actually hear him.
Odds are it was a retired Yankee fan or his grandson.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like a rain day when you practice in the gym.

Only if it hits the rafters you're out in the gym.

Oh yeah...I remember those days. Waste of time. But I am sure it is better today.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

I cancelled practice today. Honestly have considered a game of kickball when we're stuck in the gym.

I go back to the high school teams where it was just bat, ball, glove. No pitching machine. No synthetic mats for ground balls. I do remember "fielding" ground balls in the wrestling gym however and a hitting tee that was worthless.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go back to the high school teams where it was just bat, ball, glove. No pitching machine. No synthetic mats for ground balls. I do remember "fielding" ground balls in the wrestling gym however and a hitting tee that was worthless.
I got into a rather heated "conversation" with an assistant the other day over pitching machines. He signed off on a $2300 one. Now we have no money. An De i already had a couple dozen pitching machines. They're called high school kids. Lol

We do have an indoor cage in the balcony(which is where the wrestling mats are. And we throw from a mound made of ply wood. Hahahaha ) but we can't even use real baseballs on the gym floor. Put in cheap ass plastic bleachers A couple years ago so all we can use are the stupid Softy balls. Lame.

We don't even have running water at the field, so it's not like outside is ideal either.

Ahhhh, baseball up north...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a "broken" Jugs machine.

That I broke on purpose, took five minutes to fix.

Now I'm pissed off...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those yellow dimpled balls will ruin metal bats.
For sure.

I just use old baseballs in it. And try to only use it for fly ball practice with outfielders.

Not gonna lie, I get tired after hitting fifty of em.

Imo, you can hit with your eyes closed off a pitching machine after awhile.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure.

I just use old baseballs in it. And try to only use it for fly ball practice with outfielders.

Not gonna lie, I get tired after hitting fifty of em.

Imo, you can hit with your eyes closed off a pitching machine after awhile.
When the machine throws the ball in the same rough vicinity at the cages, you look like Barry Bonds after a while. I always thought those places that had the projection screen with a video on replay of a pitcher delivering a pitch then seeing a ball randomly spit out of a hole in the screen were hilarious and not realistic at all.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the machine throws the ball in the same rough vicinity at the cages, you look like Barry Bonds after a while. I always thought those places that had the projection screen with a video on replay of a pitcher delivering a pitch then seeing a ball randomly spit out of a hole in the screen were hilarious and not realistic at all.
The better you feel, the more quarters you dump in.

Hitting off a tee accomplishes the same thing imo. Reality the same thing. And an old wrapping paper roll can work as a tee.

Fucking two thousand dollars...

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better you feel, the more quarters you dump in.

Hitting off a tee accomplishes the same thing imo. Reality the same thing. And an old wrapping paper roll can work as a tee.

Fucking two thousand dollars...
Every clinic I attended and batting lesson I personally took, then when I coached Little League, tees were used. The ones with the multiple pegs to help simulate outside or inside pitches helped a lot with a good coach.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every clinic I attended and batting lesson I personally took, then when I coached Little League, tees were used. The ones with the multiple pegs to help simulate outside or inside pitches helped a lot with a good coach.
I have these wooden platforms with a hole drilled in them. Then have ten or so essentially broom handles with a rubber cup at one end of different lengths. Some a foot high, some about five feet. And everything in between. I just kick the platform around on a kid with his feet stationary to simulate inside and outside.

It only helps with someone's swing, not necessarily hitting, but there's no substitute for batting off live pitching anyway.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander. Sharp from the git go.
Could be no no...keep eye on score board. Just saying

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like a rain day when you practice in the gym.

Only if it hits the rafters you're out in the gym.
Iffy
. Still is in basement..his moms.
Never moved out yet