• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I figured Zimmerman would be. I just realized that was worded awkwardly. I meant that the guys who will be the 3/4/5 are big question marks.

You think the way Norris and Fulmer ended their seasons that Fulmer will be the 4 and Norris the 2?
I consider Norris as having the brighter future. Fulmer had that crazy stretch where he didn't give up anything. And he's good. (Prolly the best six weeks of his career coming in his rookie season.)But I think Norris would have been ahead of him Last year if he'd been healthy.

I'm also assuming Boyd gets a nod in the rotation to start the season. And I'd think Ausmus will break up his lefties. (That's a big assumption without any ST.)

If it's Sanchez or Pelfrey that are the fifth man, a lot better odds that norris is the four than ifBoyd is the 5.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider Norris as having the brighter future. Fulmer had that crazy stretch where he didn't give up anything. And he's good. (Prolly the best six weeks of his career coming in his rookie season.)But I think Norris would have been ahead of him Last year if he'd been healthy.

I'm also assuming Boyd gets a nod in the rotation to start the season. And I'd think Ausmus will break up his lefties. (That's a big assumption without any ST.)

If it's Sanchez or Pelfrey that are the fifth man, a lot better odds that norris is the four than ifBoyd is the 5.
The problem is Norris has never been healthy. I can't see him having a bright future when he's never in his life thrown more than 120 innings in a season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is Norris has never been healthy. I can't see him having a bright future when he's never in his life thrown more than 120 innings in a season.

Norris threw 155 innings or so if you count Minors and MLB. Year before that, when he had cancer, he didn't make it to 120. Yeah before that at 21, he went 130.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmy will be healthy. He was hurt almost all of 2016. He loaded up on matsoball soup this win

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norris threw 155 innings or so if you count Minors and MLB. Year before that, when he had cancer, he didn't make it to 120. Yeah before that at 21, he went 130.
You're right, my bad. I thought I had combined them in baseball-reference but apparently I read it wrong. Pitching is certainly a big question mark for them though, I think you'll agree. But really, it might not matter that much. The Central doesn't have great pitching outside of Cleveland any way.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, my bad. I thought I had combined them in baseball-reference but apparently I read it wrong. Pitching is certainly a big question mark for them though, I think you'll agree. But really, it might not matter that much. The Central doesn't have great pitching outside of Cleveland any way.
I'm not that concerned about starting pitching. Other than health. (Boyd isn't a long term solution in the rotation imo. I think he's a 6th/spot start long relief guy longterm.)

I expect good things from Norris, but can he keep healthy?

The bullpen on the other hand, it ain't good. With little hope of it getting better. (Really only Rondon and Jimenez as far as guys with potential. And Rondon is a fat, lazy slob who I'd rather bank on for anything.)

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that concerned about starting pitching. Other than health. (Boyd isn't a long term solution in the rotation imo. I think he's a 6th/spot start long relief guy longterm.)

I expect good things from Norris, but can he keep healthy?

The bullpen on the other hand, it ain't good. With little hope of it getting better. (Really only Rondon and Jimenez as far as guys with potential. And Rondon is a fat, lazy slob who I'd rather bank on for anything.)
And Rodriguez is fine for the role he's in. He's pretty consistently around 90% for save opportunities. And Justin Wilson seems like an "every other year I'm good" type guy.

Who is Jimenez?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Rodriguez is fine for the role he's in. He's pretty consistently around 90% for save opportunities. And Justin Wilson seems like an "every other year I'm good" type guy.

Who is Jimenez?
Jimenez is the Tigers top pitching prospect. He's a closer.

I like Frankie, he's just on the downswing. Hopefully a slow downswing. But it could be over at any time.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's well better than the AL East.

Don't be jelly that your division and your division's thread both suck balls. Embrace it, or pick a real division to root for.
Well I don't root for any division. I root for one team. I want the AL East to suck balls.