• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Trade Deadline Thread

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Karlsson's game but when you watch him, he just doesn't come across as a 40+ goal scorer. He has some good skill but doesn't dominate or completely wow you out there. He reminds me of Toffoli, if Toffoli could stay hot for an entire season I could see him putting up those same numbers.

I could see Tatar being moved again. I can't think he has been happy there himself so I could see something being worked out for him to go elsewhere.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karlsson is a decent player, don't get me wrong, but he caught lightning in a bottle this season. If you want to talk about Lady Luck, his 2017-18 season is like hitting the jackpot on a Wheel of Fortune machine.

Just about every star aligned for him this season and that doesn't repeat itself to players like him who come out of nowhere - I'm not just talking about his output, I'm talking the timing of everything too (needs new contract, has arbitration rights, plays in a very up tempo system, the surrounding talent, the type of coach he got, etc.).

Even in games, think about it - he has scored from below the red line twice in these POs from shots that went wide from the point, hit the boards and came out him on the other side with the goalie out of position (Jones, Hellebuyck). The Kings were the only team to normalize his S%, he scored 1/11 shots or 9.9%. Before this season in Vegas, his highest S% was 8.3%. The dude is a flash.

I also agree that nothing really "wows" you about him, but one thing I do think he does that Toffoli does not is hustle 200% every shift. When Toffoli isn't scoring he is pretty much useless out there - can't skate, can't pass, can't hit, can't fore check, can't back check, can't create for others, won't go to the net, nothing.

It's disappointing because he really does have a lot of talent but I think he doubts himself and that directly translates to his play. In 2015-16 he was fearless and he was not only productive he also generated chances for others. You may as well just scratch him at that point and put a B6 player in who will plays balls out regardless of production.

This is why I think Pearson gets at least 1 more year of patience from me, while he didn't produce like he did in 2016-17 he was playing balls to the walls each and every shift. I read something on Teh Blog (I think) that when Pearson was on the ice, 53 goals were scored, which was 3rd best on the team behind Kopitar and Brown. Pearson however, only scored 9 of those goals - he was too busy busting his but trying to help his unit out whether he got on the board or not.

Can't say that about Toffoli, which is why I think he should be the one to be moved if they are entertaining the idea of trading one of the two. Pearson gets the reprieve in 2017-18 but not next summer if he has similar output.

Production is awesome, effort without production is acceptable somewhat, no effort and production is unacceptable completely.

Last edited: