• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Trade Deadline Thread Including Monty Trade

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not to say that the Cubs aren’t still poking around, with Heyman noting that the team spoke to the Mariners about James Paxton and Taijuan Walker. Other organizations have as well, including the Rangers. A Seattle source tells Heyman that a trade of either young starter remains unlikely, though the team isn’t taking anything off the table at this point. From where I sit, it’s tough to imagine either player changing hands; Seattle will surely want to see whether Paxton can harness his improving stuff, while Walker isn’t at full health.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not to say that the Cubs aren’t still poking around, with Heyman noting that the team spoke to the Mariners about James Paxton and Taijuan Walker. Other organizations have as well, including the Rangers. A Seattle source tells Heyman that a trade of either young starter remains unlikely, though the team isn’t taking anything off the table at this point. From where I sit, it’s tough to imagine either player changing hands; Seattle will surely want to see whether Paxton can harness his improving stuff, while Walker isn’t at full health.
At this point I would be surprised if either was traded unless the deal was a massive overpay on the part of the other team. Truth is if that was the case I would be cool with trading either.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with trading Walker right now is you would doing it while he's at his lowest value probably. Not saying he should be untouchable but I just don't think it makes sense.

Paxton I wouldn't mind trading. I think we missed the boat a couple of years ago to deal him and get great value. However I'm not sure mentally he will be able to put it together. I think Paxton has the better stuff but Walker has a better head on his shoulders. Walker is also a few years younger.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with trading Walker right now is you would doing it while he's at his lowest value probably. Not saying he should be untouchable but I just don't think it makes sense.

Paxton I wouldn't mind trading. I think we missed the boat a couple of years ago to deal him and get great value. However I'm not sure mentally he will be able to put it together. I think Paxton has the better stuff but Walker has a better head on his shoulders. Walker is also a few years younger.
I no longer think Paxton has a future here. I think Dipoto is going to drop him as soon as he can find equal value. Maybe it won't happen at the deadline, but he will be gone by the time camp opens next February

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Another thing that Dipoto should be thinking about is the rotation for next season. Its better to have options than be thin like we were going into this season. If Dipoto traded either of them I think it would be Paxton but I really don't think he will trade either unless, like I said earlier, its an overpay.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I no longer think Paxton has a future here. I think Dipoto is going to drop him as soon as he can find equal value. Maybe it won't happen at the deadline, but he will be gone by the time camp opens next February
I agree I don't think he does either and I think (not sure on this) this is his last option year. If that is the case and he doesn't make the rotation next season then he would be gone anyway. Ideal for him to be traded this season if he is going to be traded.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Another thing that Dipoto should be thinking about is the rotation for next season. Its better to have options than be thin like we were going into this season. If Dipoto traded either of them I think it would be Paxton but I really don't think he will trade either unless, like I said earlier, its an overpay.

2 Words; Chris. Sale.

:yes:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News provides a useful round-up of the Rangers’ efforts to bolster a scuffling rotation. In addition to opening talks with the Rays and White Sox, as has been covered extensively, the team is looking at a variety of other possibilities. Andrew Cashner of the Padres is one player that the Rangers have discussed, as are Mariners lefties James Paxton and Wade Miley. It seems that all variety of options continue to be on the table, as all of the pitchers covered in the report constitute quite different assets. GM Jon Daniels suggests that, while he’d prefer to move quickly toward a deal, the odds are that it’ll come down to the deadline.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jerry could get any player that could be an everyday position player for Miley he should win executive of the year.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News provides a useful round-up of the Rangers’ efforts to bolster a scuffling rotation. In addition to opening talks with the Rays and White Sox, as has been covered extensively, the team is looking at a variety of other possibilities. Andrew Cashner of the Padres is one player that the Rangers have discussed, as are Mariners lefties James Paxton and Wade Miley. It seems that all variety of options continue to be on the table, as all of the pitchers covered in the report constitute quite different assets. GM Jon Daniels suggests that, while he’d prefer to move quickly toward a deal, the odds are that it’ll come down to the deadline.
Please please please trade Miley to the Rangers. They wouldn't be able to tank fast enough.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we were to trade Paxton, the very last place I'd want to see him go is Texas. I know that he's still in "prove you belong" mode, but the thought of trading a young(ish) lefty who can throw in the triple digits to the leader of our division when he's been one of the more consistent starting pitchers we've had since his call-up (barring his first start, of course) makes no sense to me, especially since we're in the thick of the wildcard race and are still within striking distance of the Rangers for the division lead (we all know that a 6 game deficit in late July is not insurmountable). They've been having injury issues lately and one of the hardest hit areas has been their rotation. We'd be doing them a favor by trading Paxton to them. I'd even be reluctant to give them Miley at this point for the same reason.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it happens, it'll probably include the expectation that the Mariners cover part of his remaining salary after Miami spent so much on extending Stanton.

Fine with me as long as they can get something of use back.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine with me as long as they can get something of use back.

I don't know if "funny" would be the right word, but wouldn't it be interesting if one of the players we got back in a deal with the Marlins was Ichiro? Obviously he's not what he was when he was here anymore and hasn't been for a few years, but his career would come full circle if he was traded back here. And if it happened soon enough, he might even be able to get his 3000th career hit in a Mariners uniform.

I think it's unlikely and I think it would be wiser, if we're going to get outfield help, to get someone who has been playing more regularly this year and who is younger/more of a long-term solution, but it would be interesting if it happened.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if "funny" would be the right word, but wouldn't it be interesting if one of the players we got back in a deal with the Marlins was Ichiro? Obviously he's not what he was when he was here anymore and hasn't been for a few years, but his career would come full circle if he was traded back here. And if it happened soon enough, he might even be able to get his 3000th career hit in a Mariners uniform.

I think it's unlikely and I think it would be wiser, if we're going to get outfield help, to get someone who has been playing more regularly this year and who is younger/more of a long-term solution, but it would be interesting if it happened.

I think 'Funny' fits. Ichiro would have been a much better signing than Aoki as it turns out. I was hoping for Dunn and Capps (I know he is hurt, but for next year). Of course for Miley, I would accept Dontrell Willis at this point. :)