• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee Volunteers Football, Basketball, and Recruiting Front Page
“They really helped themselves out a lot,” Jones told InsideTennessee. “I feel like they’re top two, top three now in my choices. I really like Tennessee.”

The Vols shot up his recruitment rankings after a day of games, tours and personal contact with the Tennessee coaching staff. Tennessee now finds itself in the company of Alabama and USC at the top of the No. 2-ranked wide out in Louisiana’s recruitment board.

“Like I said, just the love and the tradition here,” Jones said of what he liked about the Vols. “Them being up front with me and telling me where I would play and how I would come right in and be an effective player for the team, all that really helped them.”

“They just told me that I could come and be great,” Jones said. “As far as education, I’m the brand that they’re looking for. As far as on the field, obviously, they said that I’m a phenomenal player and I can play anywhere on the field for them.”

Despite being in the heart of LSU country, the No. 13-rated wide receiver in the South Region said he doesn’t feel any pressure to gravitate toward the Tigers.

“I don’t think of it like that. I care about them. They show love too, but it’s just different. When I go to these other places I get a different feeling from them,” Jones said.

“It’s nothing against LSU, but when I know I fit the scheme and I feel the love from a certain place, it’s just different.”

Mykel Jones - Yahoo! Sports