• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Howie's not worried about character with some of these later picks huh.

I'm not a scout but I can see when someone suffers from "smartest guy in the room syndrome" and passes over certain players for longshots because he thinks he knows better than the rest of the NFL.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the DE kicked off the team and Smallwood. Then he extends the middle finger to Chip one more time and takes a Duck.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mills gets a pass. Defending his GF and caught in a bad situation that was expunged.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really liking "Big V". He does a very good job against DeForest Buckner and that Oregon defense as a LT on the biggest stage of his career.

Yeah I watched the whole thing. You should too

Giant man at 6'6 320lbs with 34 1/2inch arms and 10 5/8'' hands. Holds his weight very well. Real good feet and athleticism for a man of his stature. He shows off good knee bend and a quick lateral shuffle to square up his man. He's got a real strong lower body and can dig his cleats into the ground. I think his upper body needs to get stronger - lacks a powerful initial punch. Though for the most part I see solid technique and understanding of the game - mixed with all the physical tools to be a starting RT in this league. He's still a bit raw and needs to get stronger, but that's exactly what our coaches and strength and conditioning team are meant for. I wouldn't be surprised if he's our right tackle in a couple years.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give this draft a B+

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz QB - I approve of the trade up ... Grade A

I didn't know a thing about Isaac Seulamo ... but after doing my research and vid watch on him I think he is a solid pick. Very intelligent player with a coach for a father who plays with excellent leverage and fires out quickly. Needs to improve upper body strength, but that's just a matter of working with strength and conditioning coaches. Mayock really praised the kid and said that he really liked the pick.
** Grade B

Vaitai I did know about and watched a bit on prior to the draft while I was reading up on OLinemen and watching vids ... what I really liked about him was his footwork and balance. Recovers very well even when beaten; again, people don't like the pick because he wasn't a popular pre-draft name, but I think the kid has a future as a tackle ... just has to work with coaches on his punch and running plays. I think he'll be a solid pass protector.
** Grade B-

Smallwood ... again, just not a guy I did too much pre-draft scouting of. Knew who he was and have seen him play during the season, but didn't really stand out as anything special. Have watched many of his highlight vids and still don't see why the Eagles picked him over some of the other guys who were still on the board. I'm not a huge fan of guys who aren't tackle breakers ... he reminds me of Shady without the great open field moves.
** Grade C-

Still haven't scouted the Countess dude as I just got back in a little while ago ... no clue who the hell he is yet; never even heard the name.

Jalen Mills - 2nd or 3rd round talent ... I think this kid is a steal this late. I know about the off field stuff, so obviously you always have that worry.
** Grade B+

Alex McCallister DE ... I can't remember if I wrote about him on this site or not (I frequent two sites); but I LOVE this kid's pass rush ability (excellent bender around the edge). Needs a lot of help when run at, so you are limited to using him on pass rush situations, but that alone gives him value. Another dude with off field issues, so you pair him with good counselors. For a 7th rounder though? Hell yeah, take the chance.
** Grade B

Joe Walker LB - Don't know enough about; know the name, that's about it ... going to check some film.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or does it seem like Howie reached for the remainder of our picks? He left some serious good talent on the board. I think he was tanked after the Wentz pick. Just sayin'

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or does it seem like Howie reached for the remainder of our picks? He left some serious good talent on the board. I think he was tanked after the Wentz pick. Just sayin'

I would agree. Honestly he reached on Wentz as well. It doesn't bode well for the future of this franchise at all. With the limited resources we have we need someone who is a good drafter.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree. Honestly he reached on Wentz as well. It doesn't bode well for the future of this franchise at all. With the limited resources we have we need someone who is a good drafter.
I'm excited about Wentz and I do think he is going to have a solid career imo in Philly. However, we need scouts like they have in GB that seem to always nail the draft every season.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem he has to be more than solid. He has to be one of the all time great QB's in Eagles history to warrant what we gave up for him. Even if he's a P Rivers type he would be a disappointment without a SB victory. Which will be impossible with Howie in charge.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you don't know the prospects doesn't mean they reached. Just because CBSsports doesn't have them ranked high doesn't mean they shouldn't be. I'm not saying all these were brilliant draft picks and they will all hit, but after going back and watching more tape on these guys -- we got some good prospects who have a chance to really have an impact on this teams future. Some acting like we drafted Daniel Te'o-Nesheim in the 3rd or Jaiquawn Jarrett in the 2nd -- those were clear reaches. After doing the homework on these guys, they're very solid prospects who represent nice value to where they were picked.

Our team is coming together nicely for the future. Very happy with this off-season. We have a very good defense. Strong front 7, 2 legit Safeties (now) and a lot of DB competition. Our offensive line completely re-hauled with Brooks and Wis in FA, and then Seumalo and Big V in the NFL draft. We have Jordan Matthews, Zach Ertz, Nelson Agholor, Brent Celek and R.Randle at the skill positions. I expect a big jump out of Agholor, and we'll probably add another WR fairly high in next years draft. We have enough bodies at RB for this season, we'll need to add another RB in the top 3-4 rounds next year to pair up with Smallwood to form a nice two-headed rotation. Add in Carson Wentz…oh boy!! String together another 1-2 good off-seasons and we'll be a force.

Fly Eagles Fly

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about Wentz and I do think he is going to have a solid career imo in Philly. However, we need scouts like they have in GB that seem to always nail the draft every season.

As do the Ravens and Steelers. The Steelers took Matakevich, who should have been a 5th round pick.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't grade a draft for years but you certainly can have an opinion soon after. Sure you can take players that EVERYONE has as a 6th in the 4th. They could also turn out to be great. It's still a reach. It's still not maximizing value.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howie was trying to prove he can play with the big boys and find value where others didn't plus add in the fact that Dougie wanted to prove himself and you get this. Honestly this team will forever be wannabes as long as Lurie and Howie remain.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be very surprised if this draft produces more than two starters.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Cossell on Seumalo

This kid is not a bad pick at all ... athletic, great leverage and leg drive, extremely smart, excellent scheme fit. Both Cossell and Moyock really liked the pick ... not understanding the hate aside from not being a much talked about name by internet draft guru's who mostly are guys like us here on the board. By all the vids/film I've looked at since we drafted him I think he has an excellent chance to come in and compete to start at LG; if not he still provides good depth which we really needed anyways.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone had a problem with the first two picks.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I even liked the Smallwood, Mills and Mccallister picks a little.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with WIZ for the most part. I like Wentz a lot, and am fine with Seumalo. But I think they soiled the bed in the third day. They could have had Joe Haeg and Alex Collins at OT and RB. Similarly could have had Harlan Miller at corner over Blake Countess. Those players have a higher chance of panning out IMO. I guess we shall see.

In the 7th, I think they took a flyer on a few kids with talent but character issues in FS Jalen Mills and DE Alex McCallister, and I was cool with that because it was the 7th. Didn't like the Oregon LB who looks like the second coming of Casey Matthews. I would have taken a shot there on a player with more upside like WR Keyarris Garrett (who signed with the Panthers as a UDFA).